Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bank of America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bank of America
    Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 3:18am
"No matter how........no matter what...........blahblahblah...............we keep moving forward....... because THIS is AMERICA."

Pinch WTF?!! What does that even MEAN?! That citizens get into so much debt that they're living out on the street, and then when banks go into debt, taxpayers foot the bill so that the banks can put American citizens into even MORE debt as they try to get out of their original debt?!! Angry

Why does that not conjure up the image of "moving forward"?? I picture people trying to climb out of a mud pit, and Bank of America comes along with.......a hose. Wacko

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 1:05pm
I've found myself recently saying "f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you f**k you" repeatedly to Bank of America ads since it's been revealed that they f**ked with taxpayer money for a Superbowl partyAngry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 5:26pm

Shouldn't have surprised anyone.

The last time I checked, banks receiving 'bail-out bucks' were not required to report how they used what they got - and then once asked, either refused, or couldn't. A couple of large banks were pointed out; do not remember which.

I know *our* bank has not requested, nor received a penny of those funds - even after Madoff - and I like that.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 4:41am

I wonder if BoA is one of the banks reported in the news that hires foreign workers and brings them here to work, instead of hiring the locals.  That should give your BoA branch that neighborhood feel:

"Hello, my name is Sanjaranjanirjadrankanippur.  How may I help you.  That will be $5, which I deduct immediately from your account.  Thank you, come again!" 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 3:17pm
Not only did the CEO of the bank B of A acquired (Merrill-Lynch), use 1.22 million of the 15 billion dollars in bailout money to furnish his office, he also used 4 billion of it to quickly sneak in last minute bonuses to various execs at the bank, saying that you have to reward "your best employees".

Aren't these the same "best employees" responsible for Merrill-Lynch going under?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I wonder if BoA is one of the banks reported in the news that hires foreign workers and brings them here to work, instead of hiring the locals.  That should give your BoA branch that neighborhood feel:

"Hello, my name is Sanjaranjanirjadrankanippur.  How may I help you.  That will be $5, which I deduct immediately from your account.  Thank you, come again!" 

Mr.T - basically, THEY ALL DO THAT, now...for some silly reason, corporations seem to believe that 'offshore' folks are as computer literate as our own (something I've long found a dangerous misperception). Another BIG problem is these 'offshore' support groups really do not have good understandings in regard to external customer support, much less little things like, well...U.S. banking regulations (believe it or not - they are supposed to exist)...
Anyway, if I was a BOFA customer, I'd pull ALL OF MY BUSINESS from them, in protest - but they've been a very f'd up organization for a very long time; I've not done ANY business with them in a LONG time.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic