Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

California Psychics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: California Psychics
    Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 8:09am
Buying a lottery ticket is a better bet than a telephone psychic LOL(or any other flavor of "psychic", for that matter!).  With the Lotto, you at least have a the same chance of winning big as you do of getting hit by lightning on any particular day. 
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:15pm
From a 2002 article:

Although Miss Cleo will be fading from the airwaves and, perhaps, from public view, the popular soothsayer shouldn't go hungry anytime soon. In three years, it's estimated her service billed $1 billion through 900 numbers and credit cards and collected about half of it.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news02/cleo_settle.html

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Miss Cleo! LOL I wonder if she pictured own downfall, she's probably bankrupt now.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:20am

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

If they were REAL psychics, they'd call you before you called them.... LOL
ConfusedYa know...they foresaw SO many people awaiting their return that they KNEW they would enlighten all to their 'donation bucket' by moving up to T.V. ads!
"...this ad brought to you from the 'Land of Fruits and Nuts'..."
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 11:09pm
If they were REAL psychics, they'd call you before you called them.... LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 7:37pm
ConfusedThey're BAAAAAAAACK!
Wonder if anyone foresaw them coming?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 5:31pm
Yeah, I hate this ad, too, especially that part when some lady says "she knew I was interested in a BOY" and "I called and she knew right away that I dyed my hair". It makes me mad when they say some crap about spending money on frivolous things is bad but spending it on some phony psychic reading is worthwhile. Hey you gullible dorks, here's a prediction for you - YOU'RE BEING RIPPED OFF BIG TIME!!!!
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 7:43am
Do "psychics" ever buy life insurance? If so, when, and how long do they hold it and continue to pay the premiums?LOL

If "psychics" could actually do what they say, insurance companies would no more write them a policy than they would someone with a quad bypass and terminal AIDS with pneumonia and still smoking.

Similarly, if horoscopes worked, a professionally cast horoscope would be a mandatory document to submit before any insurance policy would be offered or written.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 11:09pm

I thought I was the only one I HATE THIS AD!!! So calling a so called "psychic" isnt' a waste of hard earned money?????

Yeah what was up with that "I am interested in a boy"???? Are you in freaking Jr. High school???Angry

kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 2:42pm
I swear to god, this one starts out with...

"You spend so much money on frivolous stuff... on... coffee. On... things that don't even matter. Calling a psychic can change your life."

Okay, buddy, if there's ever been a definition of spending money on things that don't matter, phone psychics is at the very top.

Then come the personal testimonials. Delivered in that same halting, "I'm totally not reading a script" tone.

"She... picked up immediately that I was... interested in a boy. I gave her his sign and information, and she told me the steps that I needed to take.... fooooor... him-and-I-to-be-together."

Yeah, lady, what are you? 12? You were interested in a "boy?" And anyway, everybody's interested in somebody. You wanna know how to be with them? Walk up to them and talk to them instead of your phony psychic.

Then comes the last one which ends with,

"I was filled with hope and optimism because I LIKED my reading."

Nevermind the fact that this lady talks about her reading as if she's sexually attracted to it. Or perhaps as if it's made out of succulent roast beef. Do you know why you liked your reading? Because if the psychic spent 10 minutes on the phone with you predicting your gruesome death, you wouldn't call back. Also, how sad is your life that all you have to live for is the hope that you get from A FAKE TELEPHONE PSYCHIC?

Seriously, I used to know a guy that worked for a phone psychic company. Of course, he was legally bound from revealing any of the tricks of the trade.
Robots may strike at any time, and when they grab you with those metal claws, you can't break free. Because they're made of metal. And robots are strong.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic