Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your personal style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your personal style
    Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 12:45pm

Good morning campers!! I was wondering, what is your style? What do you wear most days? In winter I'm usually wearing a mid calf length, denim skirt, sweater and clogs (Yes, I said CLOGS!!!!Approve) In summer, it's a mid calf length, broomstick skirt, tee shirt and sandals. I have ALWAYS been a skirt girl! CoolBig%20smile

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 2:09pm
I usually just run around in my underwear.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 2:45pm
Would they be boxers or Y fronts?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Jimbo can't tell anymore.  They're just some stretched-out elastic with yellowed shreds hanging off.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 2:53pm
Right now, I'm clad brightly in a yellow and white pullover shirt that someone left at the laundromat around 20 years ago (probably because it was old and had bleach marks on it) and a pair of thick, warm, orange sweatpants.  They were only $3.99, and the store only had orange and yellow.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Jimbo can't tell anymore.  They're just some stretched-out elastic with yellowed shreds hanging off.

They're boxer-briefs FYI.

And contrary to Thor's claims, though the "stretched-out elastic with yellowed shreds" part is basically true, there is still enough left of them to tell what they are.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I usually just run around in my underwear.

I see you shop at the same store I do...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 4:21pm
Normally a jeans guy..summer flip flops, winter boots.

Now that I have a job outside the home, I have to wear a TIE!!!!!  My old company went business casual 15 years age.  I guess a school board has to show some signs of decorum.

Today, I'm still in my pj's.  It snowed last night and we have a SNOW DAY!  I think I'm going to like working for the schools.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 4:40pm
I'm trying to get away from always wearing pants with hammer loops (usually in olive green).  And t-shirts with round necks.  I recently switched to t-shirts with v-necks, and bought some in red and black and blue.  I also bought two pairs of jeans (w/o hammer loops) last year---in denim and white.  Pretty fascinating stuff, huh?  LOL

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 5:30pm
Jeans and some kind of heavy, warm top - preferably tunic-length.

Yesterday I took to wearing my down vest indoors all afternoon, even though the thermostat claimed it was in the high 60's.

Come to think of it, I'm going to get my vest.

I can't think of summer right now.  We're getting 8 inches of snow tomorrow.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Normally a jeans guy..summer flip flops, winter boots.

Now that I have a job outside the home, I have to wear a TIE!!!!!  My old company went business casual 15 years age.  I guess a school board has to show some signs of decorum.

Today, I'm still in my pj's.  It snowed last night and we have a SNOW DAY!  I think I'm going to like working for the schools.

And you get summers off.Clap  We're on the outskirts of that winter storm. Some schools are closed but "teachers, Code 3". Meaning I guess, they have to still go.Shocked
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 7:13pm
I can't sit around the house in jeans. When I come in from work, the first thing is kicking all my work duds off. In winter, usually sweats or flannel jammie bottoms with wool-blend socks to match.Embarrassed Tshirt and flannel shirt.
And I never, ever roll my socks in pairs. I just find two that look the same, and wear 'em.

Summer time, a Tshirt and shorts.......and flipflops.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 7:23pm
I will have to ask my wife
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 10:54pm
I usually just run around naked.

Not so much fun during Ohio winters though! Wink

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 10:58pm
So, is that YOUR picture on your avatar?? ( just kidding, I know it's Domo, I love Domo!)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 11:30pm

Actual Style:

Home: Jeans, Flannel and/or T-Shirts, Sneaks, or boots. Otherwise, Sneaks and workout-wear.

Professional: classicly-ragged; well-worn, but not torn dress shirts & slacks, jacket - now and then maybe a deranged Mr.Rogers-style sweater. NO TIE (always remember to spit at Napoleon for giving us that stinkin' napkin!) unless 'the situation calls for it' (in which case, I've got a desk full of them). Generally, cordovan shoes and belt that includes the obligatory 'Electronic Dog Collar'.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 11:35pm
My style changes from day to day. Some days when I don't have to do anything I stay in my pajamas. Other days when I don't have to do anything I wear cocktail dresses and try to get others to dress up and go out with me. Most of what I were to work could be considered business casual.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 12:42am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

NO TIE (always remember to spit at Napoleon for giving us that stinkin' napkin!) unless 'the situation calls for it' (in which case, I've got a desk full of them). 

Have a few in my closet, kept tied. Never got around to figuring how to tie a tie. Been meaning to put that on my "to-do" list, but hadn't got around to it.Embarrassed
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 1:25am
Jeans and t-shirts or sweaters.  Shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops in the summer.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 1:59am

When I'm feeling "sexy", I like to put on the ol' gorilla costume.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 2:17am

I used to care more about how I dressed.  I should start that up again.  Seems too many of us guys have gone in the direction of "comfort", aka "slobbishness".  Baggy pants and sweatshirts seems to be how most guys dress.  Pretty bad.  What ever happened to "looking sharp" like people used to do in the 50's and 60's?

I wish I still had (and still fit into) those (fake) cobra skin jeans I bought at Trash and Vaudeville in NYC many years ago.  Nothing says "sharp" like cobra skin.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 2:32am
At your age, who cares about looking sharp?

Besides it'd be hard to look sharp with a gut hanging over your belt like yours does. LOL

Better to just stick to the gorilla costume.

No woman can resist a guy in a gorilla costume.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 4:16am
Hey, the gut's almost gone!  Reached my acceptable weight a few weeks back.  10 more lbs and my stomach might be flat.  Soon, I'll be looking sharp in lime green spandex and mesh shirts.  Man, I'll be so fly.  

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

...Soon, I'll be looking sharp in lime green spandex and mesh shirts.  Man, I'll be so fly.  

Yea, you'll be something...but you might have chosen the wrong adjective.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:35am
Mesh shirts? 

Fashion crime!!  Go to jail!! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic