Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite song... today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 9:00pm
Take Me Home ......Phil Collins

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 10:30pm
"San Tropez", Pink Floyd
(..a cut for all us GreyWolves that enjoy life....a very coventional, peaceful piece - in case anyone is worried) 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 12:16am
Being it has been a very nice day...an old friend contacted us and resurrected some old memories...someone to NEVER miss, should you catch a chance to see him (this guy's never put something on a platter we do not ownWink)...

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 1:11am
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 2:54am

I used to dream about saving the world.
Now I just dream about the holidays.
I used to write so many songs for my girl.
Now all I think about is floating away.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 10:52pm
Anything Stevie Ray......this one will do.
The Last Brain Left View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Last Brain Left Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 10:30pm
Sound Of Madness by Shinedown. I need it every morning with my coffee to wake up.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 11:09pm
I'm in a bit of a rock-'n-roll mood, this evening....

I just can't find Savoy Brown's "Doin' Fine" (absolutely the way I feel!) so, I'll settle for these... 

Savoy Brown, "Shot in the Head"

~~~and, for many years, my favorite~~~

"Street Corner Talking"

Time for a double-meat burrito - here we come, Taco Bell!

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 11:35pm
Ozzy's "Crazy Train" would be an appropriate song for today. TGIF.Clap
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:11pm
My song for today: I Hear You Knockin'

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Ozzy's "Crazy Train" would be an appropriate song for today. TGIF.Clap

Love that song!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 1:58am

Still into "Needles In the Camel's Eye" by Brian Eno.  I simply can't get this song out of my head!!!  Smile

"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 3:14am

As you might have guessed, Aleen...I have that CD, too.  LOL

This morning I listened to Nico's Innocent and Vain.  The ending of that song has always knocked my socks off.  Horrifyingly beautiful.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

As you might have guessed, Aleen...I have that CD, too.  LOL

This morning I listened to Nico's Innocent and Vain.  The ending of that song has always knocked my socks off.  Horrifyingly beautiful.

Are you sure you're not Mr. Aleen incognito?  LOLTongue  Here Come the Warm Jets is such a great album.  I've only gotten into Brian Eno recently, but he has some great stuff, I tell you!  There is a really good cover version of Needles In the Camel's Eye by a band called the Wolfmen.  Marco Pirroni from Adam and the Ants is in the band.  It's a really good, straightforward cover of the song.

That's an amazing Nico song you posted.  To be honest, I've only really explored her work with the Velvet Underground but have always meant to get into her solo stuff.  She intrigues me.  I read a biography on her years ago and her story is really sad but fascinating. 
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 5:00am
I might have to download that version, Aleen.

Y'know, there's a live album with Eno and Nico (also John Cale and Kevin Ayers).  It's called June 1, 1974, and---well, here's some info on it:

Oh, and I just listened to an Adam and the Ants song earlier.  Crackpot History.

But I listened to this one three times:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 1:31pm
"Tomorrow's Girl" by Donald Fagen
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 12:34am
Appropriate for the day...

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:48pm
Rush Across the Road - Joe Jackson. A very pretty, sweet song.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 9:53pm
"Working for the weekend"
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 12:53am
"Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 3:52pm
the Luckiest - Ben Folds
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 10:04pm
Been 'gamblin' & winnin' all friggin' day - on computter stuff...so, I guess it has to be "Leaving Las Vegas", by Sheryl Crow - very loud.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 10:20pm
Adam Ant's "Goody Two Shoes"
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 7:29pm
"The Logical Song" by Supertramp.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 11:41pm
OkeyDokey...guess I'm feelin' a tad bit of Joe and Leon...'cause we got sleet and snow, now - and I'm NOT goin to MissyD's store until the weather breaks...she can 'Write Me a Letter'Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic