Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it just me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 9:18pm
Miley better watch out for Roger "Rocket" Clemens.  Evil%20Smile
Sponsored Links

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 9:44pm
I really don't understand why everyone's making such a big deal about this. She's not trying to be another Britney or Lindsay; it's the public who's trying to do that! They want her to become tabloid fodder to quench their celebrity trash fix.

Just because she took a few pictures looking mature doesn't mean that she's soon going to go the slut route. In the news today, they're blasting her father for posing with her in a way that makes people think they're more than father and daughter. What the hell is wrong with this world if a child can't even take a picture with her father without people reading something sexual into it?

I saw all of the photos. The Vanity Fair ones look artsy to me and the "other" ones just look to me like a teenager having fun with a camera. What teen hasn't posed in front of their mirror in their underwear? Sheesh. Give me a freakin break!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Bare back, disheveled hair, satin sheets...it's apparent she hasn't just woken up and is preparing to go to school.  Of course she's not nude (probably just because she's 15 and that would be illegal), but of course it's sexual!!  Whether or not you get off on it, is one thing...but it was meant to be sexual, and it is.

I don't even trust that Cyrus is embarrassed by the photo, as she claims to be.  I think she's just trying to straddle the line between her current teen idol career and her future one as the Hillary Duff/Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears replacement.  Outwardly, she says "Ooooh!!  I'm so embarrassed!!".  Secretly, she says "Good move!" and "I'm a naughty girl."

I totally agree, the photo looks like she has just finished an all night "bonking". I'll say it again, I don't give a rat's what she does as long as they stop selling her image to little girls. Raising a young Daughter in this day and age is challenging enough. I started this thread before the pictures came out, simply stating that I'm sick of seeing her face everywhere, guess I'll be seeing it even more.
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 11:23pm
It's getting harder and harder to ignore this idjit....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 11:38pm
I couldn't stand her no-talent, sh*t-kicker moron father & I can't stand her either even though I wouldn't know who she was if I saw a picture of her. I've really never actually seen a picture of her face. I caught a brief glimpse of the picture in question, but didn't look at it long enough to remember her face if I ever saw it again.

I just wish she'd go away permanently & take all the other useless little teeny-bopper millionaire bitches with her.

I wish their faces would all break out with incurable acne.

Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:09am
But if their faces broke out with incurable acne you'd still see them 24/7 in ads for ProActiv Solution.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I really don't understand why everyone's making such a big deal about this. She's not trying to be another Britney or Lindsay; it's the public who's trying to do that! They want her to become tabloid fodder to quench their celebrity trash fix.

Just because she took a few pictures looking mature doesn't mean that she's soon going to go the slut route. In the news today, they're blasting her father for posing with her in a way that makes people think they're more than father and daughter. What the hell is wrong with this world if a child can't even take a picture with her father without people reading something sexual into it?

I saw all of the photos. The Vanity Fair ones look artsy to me and the "other" ones just look to me like a teenager having fun with a camera. What teen hasn't posed in front of their mirror in their underwear? Sheesh. Give me a freakin break!

They're Hollywood people and they're publicity-savvy.  There's no way in hell they didn't see the sexual connotations of those pics.  I've had pics taken with my father, and none of them had me draped all over his body.

Like I said, she may not be a slut, but she's setting the stage for that image.  She knows the image sells.  She and her father are pretending to be upset to cover their bases.

Seriously, if it truly isn't sexual---well, can anyone imagine a 15 y/o boy posing like this with his dad?  Of course not!!  Why??!  Because it's sexual, that's why!!

And hell, if I saw a father and daughter positioned like this in real life---let's say, at a family gathering or in a park or in a church---alarms would go off.  If this is a position they typically get into, there's something wrong.  On top of this, they're wearing matching his and her outfits.  Strange.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic