Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it just me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it just me?
    Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 11:45pm
I have to just say that I am SICK TO DEATH of the whole Miley cyrus thing!!!!!! Everywhere you look you see her face!!! She doesn't seem to have the talent to back up the hype, she's cute, but then all young girls are cute. I thank God that my Daughter doesn't by into the Hannah Montana phenomenon, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Mylie toilet paper, her face is on everything else!!!!!!!!AngryAngryAngryAngry Ad High School Musical and I could hit the wall!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 12:58am
I agree with you, Momma!

Know who else I'm done with? 

Beyonce.

And Oprah.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 1:17am
I've been done with Oprah for years, her ego is so inflated it's a wonder she can fit her head through a door!!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 1:30am
No, BigMomma, it isn't just you...our youth missed Billy Ray, so it may be hard for them to get in line with us about the 'Achy Breaky Heart'-kid's daughter...I haven't heard anything spectacular by her - she IS talented, but then again, she comes from a family with it in their genes...
I'll toss in something I consider a bid odd...
Seems that country-oriented/influenced music catches kids when they are young (is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that?). Our youngest daughter was a huge 'Dixie Chicks' fan, strangely enough. Her first album (excuse me...CD) was an early Dixie Chicks release.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 1:39am
Just pray that Brittney and Paris stay gone!
I can stomach a teeny-bopper for the short while she will be around.
was feeling nostalgic
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 4:45am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Just pray that Brittney and Paris stay gone!
I can stomach a teeny-bopper for the short while she will be around.
Give her 5 years and she'll be the next Paris, or Britney, or Lindsay, or Olson twin 'trainwreck'....
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 9:14am
THANK YOU!!!!
I can't wipe my ass anymore without hearing Hanna Montana!!!!And I don't even turn on channels with her ass on it intentionally!! I wish she'd go the Hell away!!!!
Oh, and I saw on the news the other noight where she had some racy photos posted on the Net!!
I actually had her stupid assed Uncle KEBO Cyrus in my living room years ago begging me to play lead guitar in his band! LOL Yeah Right REDNECK!! He said, "We take Kuuntree in rocket uuup!!" I told him I didn't need generic rock and roll!! He should leave that sh*t kicking stuff alone and just play rock if that's what he wanted to do. Asshole!!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 12:04pm
Same here, Big Momma!!!

I'm also really disturbed by the stories of parents who have gotten into trouble, trying to get their children Hannah Montana tickets.  Didn't one child write a fake essay on how her father was in Iraq, etc when it wasn't true at all?  Then, when questioned the mom said, "Nobody said that the essay had to be true."  Angry  What the heck is wrong with people?
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 12:22pm
Teen pop stars are not a new phenomenon.

Is it the star, the marketing, or the indulgent parents that are the most offensive?

My opinion is that it's the latter two, which feed off of each other.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 2:29pm

Agreed, Big Momma.

And, like WIld Starchild, I don't even LOOK for stories about her but there she is, plastered everywhere.

I also wish Mariah Carey would go away.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I have to just say that I am SICK TO DEATH of the whole Miley cyrus thing!!!!!! Everywhere you look you see her face!!! She doesn't seem to have the talent to back up the hype, she's cute, but then all young girls are cute. I thank God that my Daughter doesn't by into the Hannah Montana phenomenon, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Mylie toilet paper, her face is on everything else!!!!!!!!AngryAngryAngryAngry Ad High School Musical and I could hit the wall!!!!!!!

I woke up an hour ago, and turned on the news.  I had to change the channel three times to find a news channel that was not airing the same Miley Cyrus story AT THAT SAME MOMENT!!!

Then, when I turned on my computer, there was the same story at the top of my home page.

If anyone's interested, the story was about her embarrassment over Vanity Fair's use of the semi-nude photos that she herself posed for!!

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 7:44pm
Yeah, Thor.  I'm sure it was someone else's fault that she took those pictures and signed the release!  But wait!  If she's not 18 yet, then Daddy must have signed the release.  Hmmmmm.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 7:58pm
Supposedly her father was there during the shoot.

I've only seen two of the photos, not that I'm all that interested but as you've said they're ALL OVER the news.

I don't see what the controversy is about.  Her back is showing in one photo, big woop.  It's not sexual - however it seems that ~someone~ wants to make us think that it is.

The other photo has her draped across her father.  It's clearly not a candid photo.

...somehow this reminds me of the old Brooke Shields Calvin Klein jeans ads from 1978ish.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 9:08pm
I'm sure Miley and Billy had no problems depositing the big fat check that went along with those pictures.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Supposedly her father was there during the shoot.

I've only seen two of the photos, not that I'm all that interested but as you've said they're ALL OVER the news.

I don't see what the controversy is about.  Her back is showing in one photo, big woop.  It's not sexual - however it seems that ~someone~ wants to make us think that it is.

The other photo has her draped across her father.  It's clearly not a candid photo.

...somehow this reminds me of the old Brooke Shields Calvin Klein jeans ads from 1978ish.

All I can say is that I wouldn't want my 15 year old Daughter to pose like that. Miley can do anything she pleases just as soon as she stops marketing to little girls.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 10:14pm
alleged role models for young girls these days are an embarrassing failure.
kids look up to these girls no matter what parents do, there is a responsibility that these young ladies should answer to.
was feeling nostalgic
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 12:16am
It's the parents!  I read a great Vanity Fair article a few months back about the mothers of Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton.  They are all living vicariously through their daughters, and each of them wants to be famous in her own right.  Spears' mother was supposed to have a reality show, but I think that got put on hold at about the same time her contract to write a book on HOW TO RAISE CHILDREN (I sh*t you not), to be published by some Christian company, got cancelled due to daughter No. 2 announcing she was preggers.

Thumbs%20Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

All I can say is that I wouldn't want my 15 year old Daughter to pose like that. Miley can do anything she pleases just as soon as she stops marketing to little girls.

She probably has a good manager, who probably realizes that stars such as her fade very quickly, and is taking measures to insure that she'll be marketable to an older audience in the near future.  At some point, she'll admit that she's "taking her career in a new direction"---one that allows her "to become a woman", and "express her sexuality".

Janet Jackson did it.  Britney Spears did it.  They all do it.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 4:56am
Count me in as well.

Hanna Montana most annoying stage name ever.

I'm tired of the HM hype in fact it almost puts me to *yawn* sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sanguinivorous View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanguinivorous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 11:27am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Same here, and I'm an old pervert. I don't see anything overtly sexual in these pictures. I can go to a public beach any day of the week and see girls even younger showing more skin and nobody bats an eye.

All of the screaming is just part of our imbecilic celebrity-centric, pedophilia-obsessed society.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 4:39pm
Bare back, dissheveled hair, satin sheets...it's apparent she hasn't just woken up and is preparing to go to school.  Of course she's not nude (probably just because she's 15 and that would be illegal), but of course it's sexual!!  Whether or not you get off on it, is one thing...but it was meant to be sexual, and it is.

I don't even trust that Cyrus is embarrassed by the photo, as she claims to be.  I think she's just trying to straddle the line between her current teen idol career and her future one as the Hillary Duff/Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears replacement.  Outwardly, she says "Ooooh!!  I'm so embarrassed!!".  Secretly, she says "Good move!" and "I'm a naughty girl."

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 5:49pm
I've got a reputation as a bit of a prude, and yet I still don't see the photo as sexual.  Provocative, yes.  Sexual? Still no, not in my eyes. 

It's more artsy than anything else, and subject to perception.  My perception of the photo's message differs from the majority, it seems.

I suspect that all this controversy has convinced many to hold a suspicious opinion, when they otherwise might not. 

The girl likely is embarrassed because of this insistence that the photo implies something naughty; perhaps alluding to Britney Spears in the 'Oops I Did It Again' days. 
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 5:50pm

I just saw that Annie Liebowitz took those photos. She's been in the business over 40 years. She wouldn't do cheesy work.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 9:11pm
I think it's kinda hot.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 9:15pm
I didn't think it was that bad, either. She looks very exotic (not in an exotic dancer way) but a mysterious exotic look.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic