Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pizza Hut - Panormous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pizza Hut - Panormous
    Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 11:42pm
I am really getting sick of this commercial. Has anyone else seen this, where they pass the pizza box from one scene to the other and everyone keeps taking a piece and they never run out of pizza. And the voice over actually says, "A pizza so big, it never ends." IT NEVER ENDS!! What a crock. How can they say that and get away with it. IT NEVER ENDSDisapprove. When did these commercials get so bad that they started promising ANYTHING to get you to shell out your hard earned dollars. I've seriously thought that maybe a lawyer could take these companies to court for their BLATANT lies....and win. If anyone EVER really sells a pizza that really does never end...let me know!! I'm there!    WHEW...I feel better now that I've shared my frustration with you guys! Wink
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 11:47pm
BDrums,

I agree...this damn thing airs too much. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 11:59pm
is this the one where they keep passing the box with big text reading PANORMOUS on it? I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

is this the one where they keep passing the box with big text reading PANORMOUS on it? I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry

Why don't you let us know how you really feel??LOLLOLLOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 12:07am
Ad is very emotive. You'll get used to it.  
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 1:04am
On the flyer that comes in the mail, it reads "so big, it needs it's own zip code" or something to that effect.Sleepy It should read, "your azz will need it's own zip code."
Why not just order 2 pizzas if you need one so enormous? 
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 3:31am
I HATE the word "PANORMOUS".  

STOP MAKING UP WORDS FOR COMMERCIALS!!!!!

WORD CHEATERS!!!!LOL
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

On the flyer that comes in the mail, it reads "so big, it needs it's own zip code" or something to that effect.Sleepy It should read, "your azz will need it's own zip code."
Why not just order 2 pizzas if you need one so enormous? 

Yeah, how stupid can you get. "Needs it's own zip code".... what genius came up with this bunch of crap. Can you believe ad agencies actually get paid big bucks for this stuff? AngryAngry Anybody who would buy their pizza based on the fact that some ad man said the pizza needed it's own zip code is a, well... CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored. They really must think we are a bunch of blithering idiots if they use ad tactics like this.

You know, I think most people are just used to the blatant stupidity of the modern commercial and that's why they are not outraged. The few of us who are (rightfully so) offended, end up here at the home of wayward commercial haters. More people SHOULD be offended at the drivel that passes as commercials.

Glad I have this forum to share my frustration with! Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 5:13am

Seems odd that this new pizza offering appears to be roughly the same overall physical size as those trailer-park pasta platters they were trying to hawk us...one wonders if they are stuck with a bunch of cooking trays and boxes from a prior failed offering. Got to minimize those losses through ingenuity, don't you know...  

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 7:29am
Pizza Hut, I mean Pasta Hut, no wait, it is Pizza Hut really has been pathetic this year.    They've served up more s..t than pizza in their ads.   Remember the "taste test: one where people at a snooty, ritzy restaurant were served Pizza Hu's pasta?   Or the seemingly never ending campaign with the slacker dude who always wanted to eat his friend's calzones?   And thanks for bringing up that stupid "zip code" one, BDrums!!   I forgot that one in the sea of stupidity known as commercials.   
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 9:59pm
I can't stand the name "panormous", its just another lame ass mash up name that sounds horrible. It's a SHEET PIZZA, Pizza Hut is acting like they just discovered the idea of a sheet pizza. They just discovered how to make one smaller and cost more.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I can't stand the name "panormous", its just another lame ass mash up name that sounds horrible. It's a SHEET PIZZA, Pizza Hut is acting like they just discovered the idea of a sheet pizza. They just discovered how to make one smaller and cost more.

I saw that!!   Looks like they just put a "square" pizza in a "square" box.   A local pizza shop has had sheet pizzas for years.   Much better and costs less.  
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 3:44am
Also.. This is reminiscant of THE EDGE. First time I saw the Panormous commercial, I thought about THE EDGE pizza. It's the same thing, just bigger. 
doggiethedog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doggiethedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 6:31am
 Pizza Hut had a similar pizza back in the mid 90s called "BIGFOOT." IIRC the commercials always featured somebody screaming "BIGFOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!"Angry, and the box had a stupid looking pea green cartoon monster on the lidDead. Recall seeing one(Bigfoot pizza) in person and it looked like the middle wasn't completely done.Shocked
Sometimes you feel like an Idol
Sometimes you feel like an Idiot
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 6:38am

I vaguely remember the bigfoot, but I was 5 and impressionable. It looks like you got MORE pizza with the bigfoot and it cost less. Now we have mini bigfoot and it costs 2 dollars more for one with only 1 topping vs 3. I guess thats 15 years of inflation for you.
BranenJ View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BranenJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 8:56am
Reminds me of how Little Ceasers had the square pizza when we were kids. It was always cheap and lots of slices. Definatly nothing new or unique or even interesting about it.
This is run over your ex with a steam roller good!
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 3:25am
I truly envy you guys with REAL, local Italian pizza places. All we have here is Pizza Slut, DUMB-Bimbos, and Wal-Mart's 'Take it and bake it' pies. Actually, the Wal-Mart ones are better than the other two's sh*t! PH's crust is soo freaking greasy, if you put it on a paper plate it, soaks through like a virgin's panties......and I'd rather eat the panties!! ApproveTongue

Here in this sh*t kickin', backwards assed, southern fried, country f**king, one-horse-town I live in, the choices of dining out are pucking fathetic at best!! I'd rather eat a ratsh*t samich than most of the crap 'round here!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 11:15pm
Oh we've got a plenty pizza places around and near here:
Pizza Palace (Torrington) There pizza is pretty good.
Berkshire Pizza(Torrington) excellent pizza
De Capo's (Torrington) ate there excellent pizza,very f**king delicious!
Bohemian Pizza (Litchfeild) ate there excellent pizza,delicious.
Naples Pizza (Farmington) ate there excellent pizza
Nicholas Pizza (Torrington) ate there pizza is delicious sometimes the toppings come off easily though
Bachi's Restaurant & Pizza(Torrington)
Hometown Pizza II(Harwington)
Rainbow Pizza & Restaurant(Torrington)
Roma Pizza(Torrington)
Harwington Pizza & Restaurant(Harwington)
Berkshire West Pizza(Torrington)
Joe's Pizza & Wings(Torrington)
Elaine's Pizza & Restaurant (Torrington)
and there's plenty of Pizza places outside of that area as well. Many Pizzas places on this list taste BETTER than Pizza Hut's generic pizza. I've tasted Pizza Hut's large pan pizza, it doesn't even come close to the local pizza joints pizzas.

Kent Pizza in Winsted also has delicious pizza,way better than Pizza Hut's as well IMHO. The local pizzas taste more authentic than the run of the mill Pizza Hut pizza's.

Now my family just orders the Tuscani Meat Marinara Pasta from Pizza Hut.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2008 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

I truly envy you guys with REAL, local Italian pizza places. All we have here is Pizza Slut, DUMB-Bimbos, and Wal-Mart's 'Take it and bake it' pies. Actually, the Wal-Mart ones are better than the other two's sh*t! PH's crust is soo freaking greasy, if you put it on a paper plate it, soaks through like a virgin's panties......and I'd rather eat the panties!! ApproveTongue

Here in this sh*t kickin', backwards assed, southern fried, country f**king, one-horse-town I live in, the choices of dining out are pucking fathetic at best!! I'd rather eat a ratsh*t samich than most of the crap 'round here!!

I feel for you, man. We've only got Walmart and the other crappy two. I tried making my own for a while, with those premade crusts you can buy, but, yeah, I can't cook pizza Embarrassed

Also, did anyone else notice that there appears to be two pizzas side by side at one point?

Dewey, you fool!
Your decimal system has played right into my hands.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2008 at 7:26am
Why do all the Italians who know how to make GREAT pizza all stay up North?? I mean the competition has to be murder!! I'm telling you guys, come down here, open up a GOOD Italian restaurant, and you'll MOP the hell up!!

Hell even if our damned town EVER even got an Applebee's we'd think we'd hit the friggin Lottery!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Skins21 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skins21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2008 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

Why do all the Italians who know how to make GREAT pizza all stay up North?? I mean the competition has to be murder!! I'm telling you guys, come down here, open up a GOOD Italian restaurant, and you'll MOP the hell up!!

Hell even if our damned town EVER even got an Applebee's we'd think we'd hit the friggin Lottery!!

A mafia joke!!!!  Clap
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2008 at 8:16pm
What if the pizza literally NEVER ENDED.

Oh god.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
BonosGal View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonosGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 12:49am
We have Uno's, and Giordano's stuffed pizzas...I believe you can have them flash frozen and delivered to you anywhere in the USA. Giordano's is hands down the best, it is a little pricey though.

http://www.giordanos.com/main.php

Uno's has a location in maryville, YN, not sure how close it is to you.
http://www.unos.com/unotogo.html#TN
I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next person who says Shenanigans!!!
BonosGal View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonosGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 12:50am
I meant to say maryville, TN. Damn Ativan lol.
I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next person who says Shenanigans!!!
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 1:23am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

What if the pizza literally NEVER ENDED.

Oh god.

If you get one of those "Itza Meatza Pizza"s it doesn't have to end!   You can relive it as it comes back up later that night.    That much meat was never meant to be on one pizza!!

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic