Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon Prime - Girl with a stache

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon Prime - Girl with a stache
    Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 1:23am
Whatever.๐Ÿ˜

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:33am

Yeah, and I have a big ol' booger hanging from my nose, but I'm just gonna rock it.

For cryin' out loud. Get rid of that thing! It's easy enough.

Oh, and the unibrow, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 1:33pm
Given the way things are today, I'm pretty sure "she" is a trans "girl".

The lip fuzz is probably there because the estrogen treatments haven't fully kicked in yet.

Couple more months or so and the lip fuzz will probably be gone.

And instead of a mustache, "she" will be rockin' a nice new set of budding titties.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:57pm

So, a "trans girl" is a he-to-she, right? But then why would "she" want to keep the 'stache? And why is this person wearing a necktie? If it wants to be a girl, wouldn't she be buying dresses? Or is it just androgynous?

I'm confused, but not as much as this person apparently is.

But let's all celebrate it! ๐Ÿ™„

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 4:07pm
I suppose it must be exploring its gender identity right now.

My guess is that its first instinct was to put hair remover on the lip fuzz, but then it decided to accept itself for what it is even while transitioning.

I hope "it" is an acceptable pronoun.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 8:21pm

I wonder if this is its goal.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 5:02am
^^ It better shave it's body or PETA freaks will throw paint on it for wearing fur... 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 7:52am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

^^ It better shave it's body or PETA freaks will throw paint on it for wearing fur...ย 

That's an obscene amount of pit hair.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 2:17pm
Probably has to use a carpet shampooer to clean the BO stank out of it.

Assuming "it" even bothers...

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 1:21am
Textbook example of 'equity' and 'inclusion'. Surprised that the human being didn't introduce the commercial with pronouns to prevent 'offending' the audience.
My former neighbor had a transgender girl-turned-boy who knocked mom to the ground when mom refused to give her surgery to become a boy, called the police on her, the mom was arrested (!), the daughter-turned-trans-son wished she/he would never see her mom again, went to be with dad, and is planning to have gender reassignment surgery to grow male reproductive parts. Sad situation all along.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Number6 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 12:27am
The idea that it is "trans" sure doesn't explain the disgusting teeth.

Whatever the thing in that commercial is supposed to represent, it's GROSS!  
Nothing for that thing to be proud of - and a new yellow jacket is not going to solve it's problems.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 1:59am
Okay...I don't understand this commercial. Is it like Bruce to Caitlyn or Chastity to Chaz?

Or...is it a bearded lady?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Capt. Beefheart View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt. Beefheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 12:59pm
Apparently, it's about accepting yourself, despite imperfections. I found this explanation:

"In the spot titled โ€˜Tache,โ€™ viewers see a young girl encountering some unwanted facial hair for the first time. Her initial response is to remove it, before she notices that some of her heroes rock a mustache too, like Freddie Mercury, artist Frida Kahlo (a woman with a 'tache) and Eddie Murphy. In the end, she orders a bright yellow jacket, similar to the iconic one worn by the Queen frontman at Wembley Arena in 1986, and embraces her new look."
I reckon the gap in her teeth is just another imperfection that she embraces.

This is the first of several Amazon ads to be directed by actress/director Olivia Wilde.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Capt. Beefheart Capt. Beefheart wrote:

Apparently, it's about accepting yourself, despite imperfections.

Ewwww. Icky.

That kind of thinking is just warped.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 2:53pm
I fondly remember the good ol'days when we were allowed to loathe ourselves for our imperfections without having to feel guilty about that too. 

F*ck all this new age happy horsesh*t.  ๐Ÿ–•

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:40pm

The world does not move forward by just accepting its imperfections. If technology did that, we'd still be emailing in crazy fonts and flashing words, and CIH would look something like this:

Hmmmm...OK, it would be kinda cool.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:49pm
That might be true with technology, which is certainly moving forward, but people and society appear to be moving backwards.

Or sideways, at weird, crazy angles and in circles. 

Wacko

Very little, if any, forward movement on that front.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:51pm

Society does seem kinda chaotic these days.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:52pm
Kinda chaotic being a nice way of saying f**ked up.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 4:02pm

I always say that I'll be outta here in 10 or 11 years, and after that, the world can go f*ck itself. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 5:24pm
I'm hoping to be around longer than that, but my take on it is similar.

I hope I time my imminent departure from the world so that I can witness the demise of the human race. 

Like maybe a month or two before I'd have checked out anyway.

Maybe due to some super-duper COVID on steroids, crack cocaine and crystal meth all rolled into one.

But the ami-nals and critters are all immune to it and continue along just fine.

Fast forward to 50,000 years later, and not a trace is left that we were ever here. Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 6:01pm

Yeah, I guess I'd kind of want to know. My father died about 6 weeks before 9/11, and I always wondered if he'd want to have witnessed that.

I sometimes wonder what I will have just missed when I croak, good or bad.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Fast forward to 50,000 years later, and not a trace is left that we were ever here.ย Thumbs Up

That could've happened before, many times over.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 10:23pm
Uh the girl---with the incipient italian grandma hair lip?
idk about any of the other fellas BUT
chicks with facial hair + a MJ jacket strictly
UURRRRRGHHHH
And YEAH i get how everything goes-- its all inclusive
lets reward retards for even throwing a ball --fat girls good etc
but the standards are STILL majority status quo for many
regular human beings
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Fast forward to 50,000 years later, and not a trace is left that we were ever here. Thumbs Up

That could've happened before, many times over.

Yep.

The Earth being some 4.6 billion years old with humans only having been here for about 200,000 of them, I guess it could have. 

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic