Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mcdonald's Cardi B Meal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

SCAB  Stank Cooty Ass Booty  ?

Stankin' Cooty And Booty.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

SCAB  Stank Cooty Ass Booty  ?

Stankin' Cooty And Booty.

Or...My Wet-A** P***y Has AIDS?

I know that's below the belt, but...that's what's happening to music!

I tried listening to music from "The Boring Twenties (2020-now)"...and...this is what I heard...

Sample of samples, one instrument, auto-tune singer, let's use the word f**k though it's overused, and...shallow repetitive lyrics!

We need new songwriters...it's a damn shame we have no more Burt Bacharachs and Hal Davids.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:20am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

We need new songwriters...it's a damn shame we have no more Burt Bacharachs and Hal Davids.

Or Tom Pettys or John Prines or Steve Goodmans.

The early 70's was known as the era of the songwriter.

And I agree we need new ones.

But that era is gone forever.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 7:46am

I think there's some good music out there. You just have to be willing to look for it. If you expect it to come to you like it did years ago, it's not gonna happen.

Critics loved that Cardi B song, something about the strong, powerful sexuality of black women, or some such nonsense. They have to come up with something to justify this stuff.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 2:07pm
Yeah, I occasionally hear a good song, but it's becoming more and more of a rarity.

We hardly ever hear the kind of highly creative, thoughtful, insightful, heartfelt sincerity and emotional depth in song lyrics the way we used to.

Certainly nothing on this level...

The sensitivity of that song is reminiscent of James Taylor in his younger, Fire and Rain years... 😢

C'mon, man!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 8:56pm
Can't stand Cardi's music either.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 9:42pm

Yeah, I occasionally hear a good song, but it's becoming more and more of a rarity.

We hardly ever hear the kind of highly creative, thoughtful, insightful, heartfelt sincerity and emotional depth in song lyrics the way we used to.

Certainly nothing on this level...

The sensitivity of that song is reminiscent of James Taylor in his younger, Fire and Rain years... 😢

Music's pretty good. That one guy, though, LOL. He kinda reminded me of one of the guys dancing in this video of the Cramps playing for the loons at Napa State Mental Hospital back in the 70s.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Music's pretty good. That one guy, though, LOL. He kinda reminded me of one of the guys dancing in this video of the Cramps playing for the loons at Napa State Mental Hospital back in the 70s.

Lotta fatties in that crowd.

I guess the food was pretty good for a mental hospital.

But as for RBS, you being the classic rock aficionado that you are, I figured you'd be able to give me chapter and verse on them.

Apparently from what I read, they were real big in the DC area, Virginia and the mid Atlantic region.

Really interesting story about him.

His name was Foster MacKenzie III.

Some highlights:

He graduated from Yale.

He was a fraternity brother of G.W. Bush.

Bush had him thrown out of and banned from the frat house after a visit the year after he graduated.

He drove an ice cream truck around D.C. for awhile after he graduated from Yale.

He was diagnosed with schizophrenia after a psychotic episode following an acid trip where he climbed over the WH fence.

He told the Secret Service he was "looking for the center of the universe".

The guy at the beginning and end of the video is Michael O'Donoghue, head writer for SNL back in the 70's and 80's.

The video is a clip from a film which featured appearances by several SNL original cast members as well as Sid Vicious.

He died in 1993 at a home he owned right around here somewhere in Orlando.

You can read all about him and the band etc. here....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_Boy_Slim

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:56am

I'd heard the name, but this is the first time I looked into them or heard their music. But yeah, interesting
(I looked at their Wiki page). They seem to have been more of a thing in the DC area.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 1:19am
Then we wonder why behavioral problems are out of control in some of America's classrooms (ESPECIALLY middle school). It's because of lazy parents letting kids listen to garbage like "Wet A$$ P____" and letting them watch junk on TikTok all day long. I wonder what they were all doing in Mar-Apr 2020 COVID lockdown...oh yeah, what I just said.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 2:13am

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Or Tom Pettys or John Prines or Steve Goodmans.

The early 70's was known as the era of the songwriter.

And I agree we need new ones.

But that era is gone forever.

I can write lyrics...most of them are off-the-wall...but they're more deep than whatever the f**k is on the top-40.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic