Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mcdonald's Cardi B Meal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mcdonald's Cardi B Meal
    Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 10:40pm

I liked the first few seconds of this commercial because Cardi B looked like she was paying homage to Diana Ross...but...it winds-up with her looking like Nicki Minaj and it becomes a "what the f**k" commercial!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 11:45pm

I've noticed that the fast food companies are advertising almost exclusively to blacks these days.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 12:15am
So are they calling it The Cardi B meal because it's fatty and greasy?

Or just because it's gross?

Because she's a fatty, she's greasy and she's gross.

It all seems to fit.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've noticed that the fast food companies are advertising almost exclusively to blacks these days.

I think they're advertising to whites too, but they know that white Gen Z'ers closely identify with black culture, music and music celebrities.

I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet that Cardi B probably has more white fans than black ones.

It's hip to be down with black music in today's youth culture.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 6:05am
If you eat enough McDonald's Cardi B meals, you're eligible for a free Cardi Ac...  Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It's hip to be down with black music in today's youth culture.

Maybe the other way around, too. Have you ever watched the music "reaction" videos on Youtube? Many black people reacting to white music (and other stuff).

I like "Brad and Lex". This is their newest, but they react to a lot of 60s, 70s and 80s hard rock music (and other stuff, too).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 1:39pm

Maybe the other way around, too. Have you ever watched the music "reaction" videos on Youtube? Many black people reacting to white music (and other stuff).

I like "Brad and Lex". This is their newest, but they react to a lot of 60s, 70s and 80s hard rock music (and other stuff, too).

Yeah, I've seen those.

My favorite 70's rock music reaction by a black guy is Jamal.

Here's a short (1:32) video in which he talks ABOUT a reaction. And though it's not the actual "reaction" itself, you get a sense of what his typical reactions are like...

First of all, I think this guy is very sincere. And I think that the people who were doing these videos early on are probably sincere too.

But as with everything else, I suspect that once people began to see how popular these videos were, a lot of opportunists saw and took the chance to jump on the bandwagon (no pun intended) in hopes of making some of that big YouTube money.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 4:37pm

Yeah, I've watched his reactions.

And I, too, think some are just pretending or overemoting. It's like those hot pepper-eating reactions. Of course, they could just be putting on a show.

I also wondered how the hell they never heard something like Stairway to Heaven. Then, I thought "when was the last time I heard it?" Coulda been before these people were born. So, it's quite reasonable to believe they never heard it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 6:42pm
I can easily imagine how a 25 - 30 y/o black guy from Brooklyn might have never heard Stairway to Heaven, or even Led Zeppelin.

C'mon, man!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 7:45pm

I can easily imagine how a 25 - 30 y/o black guy from Brooklyn might have never heard Stairway to Heaven, or even Led Zeppelin.

As a former R&R dj, God bless him!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 7:47pm
Cardi B & Micki-D.... both turn my stomach
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 3:12pm

Most of these commercials feature really stupid and annoying blacks, so if I was black I'd be pretty damn offended.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Most of these commercials feature really stupid and annoying blacks, so if I was black I'd be pretty damn offended.

Well, if white males can accept their position at the bottom of the commercial pecking order, blacks should be able to handle it once in awhile, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:02pm

Well, if white males can accept their position at the bottom of the commercial pecking order, blacks should be able to handle it once in awhile, too.

I think it's worth noting that these stupid, annoying people, whether black, white or other are probably only considered stupid and annoying by crotchety old guys like us.

p

Younger people probably aren't bothered by such things.

I recall when I was younger commercials didn't bug me anywhere near as much as they do now.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 11:22pm

^ I'm not sure that younger people even see many commercials. At-home entertainment is way different these days. Netflix, Roku, social media, gaming, etc. Even Cable TV is considered more a geezer thing, and dying out, just like us geezers. Or maybe they just get advertisement differently.

But as far as the stupid white male in commercials, Google it. There are many articles.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 12:27pm

I recall when I was younger commercials didn't bug me anywhere near as much as they do now.

Probably because back then, people on TV used to have a thing I like to call: CLASS.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 5:42pm

Probably because back then, people on TV used to have a thing I like to call: CLASS.

Well, let's say they had a bit more of it than they do now.

But then again, society and our national culture as a whole had more of it than we do now.

As I said earlier, I'm thinking of adopting we my personal slogan:

"Everything sucks nowadays".   

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 3:29am
Can't stand Cardi B. Will probably never be able to stand her. PASS...
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 8:50am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Can't stand Cardi B. Will probably never be able to stand her. PASS...

So I guess you didn't like her hit "Wet Ass Pussy" from a few years ago?

Dopey song, but I've liked dopey songs before. My problem was with all the white critics and publications that were tripping over each other to see who could give it the most glowing review. This was during the heyday of BLM, when BLM was still seen as more righteous than God.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 1:54pm
The only fast food meal that comes with a dose of VD!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 2:09pm
The only fast food meal that, like the nether regions of the ho' it's named after, smells so bad, it makes you puke BEFORE you eat it.

And is so infested with who knows what, you puke again afterward.

🤮

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 4:26pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, you f**king with some wet ass pussy
Bring a bucket and a mop for this wet ass pussy
Give me everything you got for this wet ass pussy

Maybe she's been confusing guys' vomit for lubrication. Maybe that's puke that needs to be mopped up. She was probably wondering why it smelled like Hennessy and creamed corn.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 5:25pm
I'm waiting with great anticipation for her next acronym "song" title.

Maybe SAB for Stank Ass Booty.

Possibly she can come up with some other disgusting, unwashed body part to rap about and call it a trilogy.

Maybe something to do with the armpits or the "underboob" area.

Get the Lume lady to sit in on the sessions with her.

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 10:23pm
i want to meet the person whose FAVORITE 'ARTIST' is
Cardi B
and then i will RUN from this person i am sure
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 6:32am

I'm waiting with great anticipation for her next acronym "song" title.

Maybe SAB for Stank Ass Booty.

Possibly she can come up with some other disgusting, unwashed body part to rap about and call it a trilogy.

SCAB  Stank Cooty Ass Booty  ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic