Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M&M's - Maya Rudolph

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M&M's - Maya Rudolph
    Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 11:07pm
Before you watch, be assured that this is just a stupid-ass Super Bowl... OOPS! I mean uh... "The Big Game" stunt. M&M's supposedly will be changing their name to... wait for it... "Ma & Ya's." ErmmErmmErmm

I am sick and tired of Maya Rudolph. She is not funny. She never has been funny. She never will be funny. Quit shoving this bitch in my face, adholes! Angry

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 1:55am

M&M Mars had just come up with some convoluted publicity campaign surrounding some new lesbian purple M&M spokesperson or some such nonsense, and the resultant negative publicity caused them to back off the spokescharacter thing and recruit Maya to replace the campaign.

Or some such nonsense.

Seems M&Ms started going to hell when they got rid of beige. What was the point of that, anyway?

Bring back beige!!!

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

M&M Mars had just come up with some convoluted publicity campaign surrounding some new lesbian purple M&M spokesperson or some such nonsense, and the resultant negative publicity caused them to back off the spokescharacter thing and recruit Maya to replace the campaign.

Or some such nonsense.

I had no idea that purple M&M was a lesbian. What's the point of making lesbian-themed commercials anyway? It's a f***ing candy. Ermm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:46am

In doing more research than I ever wanted to, I discovered that green is the lesbian. Purple is the new "plus-sized" one. I guess brown is the LaWanda.

"M&Ms launches woke female-only special edition candy featuring 'lesbian' green and brown chocolates, as well as new plus-size purple sweet who represents body positivity"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11610317/M-Ms-launches-woke-female-special-edition-bag-candy-featuring-lesbian-green-brown.html

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 3:35am
FWIU they have sh*t-canned the m&m characters altogether because of some backlash over the overtly sexy portrayal of he green one with the go-go boots or because they took away the go-go boots or something like that.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

In doing more research than I ever wanted to, I discovered that green is the lesbian. Purple is the new "plus-sized" one. I guess brown is the LaWanda.

"M&Ms launches woke female-only special edition candy featuring 'lesbian' green and brown chocolates, as well as new plus-size purple sweet who represents body positivity"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11610317/M-Ms-launches-woke-female-special-edition-bag-candy-featuring-lesbian-green-brown.html

Brown is the oldest M and M, the serious and no nonsense one.

Yellow is the kind hearted goofball.

Red is the sarcastic, self confident, leader, wise guy.

Orange is the scaredy cat.

Green is the sexy Goddess. 

Blue is adventurous I believe.

This was said years before this new "Woke," Campaign.

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 7:37am
No one wants to hear that a picture is painted on their food.

They should go back to "Melts in your mouth, not in your hand."

The original characters are in this ad.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 6:59am
I wonder how many kids will be traumatized because they ate M&Ms that they believed were 'alive', based on the characters they are representing... 

(I can see lawyers running a class action lawsuit over this in the future... )
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 3:21pm
I love how simple and straightforward those old 50's and 60's commercials were.

None of that nuanced subliminal messaging and identity association crap like they do nowadays.

Sometimes an ad will run for weeks or months before I even realize what they're advertising because as soon as it comes on, I turn the volume down and ignore it.

Just more yadda yadda yadda.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 3:47pm
shes another who who i think has to CONVINCE us constantly
shes FUNNY
because shes NOT
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 5:42pm
I thought she did one or two funny characters on SNL, but IMO, she wasn't nor is she now, just naturally funny like say, Kristen Wiig or Jan Hooks, etc,etc, etc going back to the original cast.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 6:21am
She really needs to do something with her hair. It looks ...plain.  Yeah, plain Ma&Yas, those will sell, sure... 
Capt. Beefheart View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt. Beefheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 1:08pm
I just recently learned that she's the daughter of Minnie Riperton, who had the '70s hit "Loving You".
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:26pm
i actually think-like Ratsh*tta  Jones-that MAY be her only
reason for stardom opportunity
NEPO BABIES
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Before you watch, be assured that this is just a stupid-ass Super Bowl... OOPS! I mean uh... "The Big Game" stunt. M&M's supposedly will be changing their name to... wait for it... "Ma & Ya's." ErmmErmmErmm

I am sick and tired of Maya Rudolph. She is not funny. She never has been funny. She never will be funny. Quit shoving this bitch in my face, adholes! Angry

I can take or leave Maya Rudolph. Shes one of the Millennial Woke approved entertainers. So, as long as she tows the line with the woke crowd she'll be in demand. The whole scuttlebutt with eliminating the M&M characters especially the so-called hottie candy is just over the top, don't people even the PC Elites have better things to do? It beats them telling us we can't use AC, plastic bags etc.
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic