Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheddar bay biscuits overload! 😱

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I went to Red Lobster again today. I had fries and Pepsi(They serve Pepsi, not Coke. And I ordered a dozen Cheddar Bay Biscuits to go and a couple to eat for now. I was served 4 complimentary Cheddar Bay Biscuits and the dozen Cheddar Bay Biscuits to go came up to about $7. I paid about $18 including tax and tip. Not bad.

So how did fries + a soda + $7 worth of biscuits = $18???

Sounds like they saw you coming.

(Maybe your 4 "complimentary" biscuits were $2 each)

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 2:37pm

I looked at their menu:

$4 fries
$9 a dozen biscuits
$13 Total

The soda musta been $5, 'cuz I doubt Donathan tipped more than a nickel.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:05pm
The Red Lobster I went to had the prices.

$3.59 for Pepsi.

$3.99 for fries.

$6.49 for dozen Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

The base bill including tax came up to about $15.20. With 20 percent tip, I spent about $18. 😀
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:25pm

You paid $3.59 for a soda?? Shouldn't you have put that money towards getting your oven repaired?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:26pm

$3.59 for Pepsi.

$3.99 for fries.

The base bill including tax came up to about $15.20. With 20 percent tip, I spent about $18. 😀

Like I said, they must've seen you coming.

How you think $18 for a soda, a plate of french fries and a bag of biscuits is a good deal is beyond me.

I suppose that one day when you find yourself living on the street because you don't have anything because you pissed all your money away on dumb sh*t, you can think back with wistful fondness to when you were on top of the world with your plate of fries, Pepsi and bag of biscuits.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 9:20pm

Soda prices are crazy these days. $6-7/12pk cans. When I was buying soda (not that many years ago), I was paying $3.

Nowadays, I buy the clear, sugar-free sparkling waters and dilute them down with equal parts unsweetened sparkling water. Two liters costs me about $1.60.

To pay $3.59 for a glass of soda at a restaurant is crazy on principle alone. But who knows? I may do it myself someday.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 9:55pm
I buy the store brand 2 liter diet soda.

Around 80¢ per bottle.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 10:17pm

I drink right out of the bottle. So a 2 liter bottle would be flatter 'n Twiggy before I'm done with it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I drink right out of the bottle. So a 2 liter bottle would be flatter 'n Twiggy before I'm done with it.

So do I but my soda doesn't go flat.

Lasts a couple of days and still has detectable fizz.

Why?

Because I know the secret!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:03pm

The secret is to not glug glug glug it down. That's how all the fizz escapes.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:16am
Wrong.

I glug glug glug my soda down all the time and it doesn't go flat.

That's not the secret trick...

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Donnathang Donnathang wrote:

My oven doesn't work, so I won't be able to make the Cheddar Bay Biscuits myself. ðŸ™

For about 8 bucks, you can pick up a used toaster oven at Goodwill...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Wrong.

Is this one of those newfangled "hack" things I keep hearing about?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 2:50pm

Wrong.

Is this one of those newfangled "hack" things I keep hearing about?

No, this is something I've been doing for years.

The trick to keeping 2 liter bottles of soda from losing their fizz too quickly, is that once you've opened the bottle and put it back in the fridge, never lay it down on it's side.

Keep it standing straight up. That decreases the amount of surface area of the liquid for the carbon dioxide to rise up into the empty space inside the bottle. It also creates a more concentrated downward pressure on the liquid which slows the dissipation of the CO2.

It also helps to squash the bottle. That decreases the amount of open space inside the bottle for the CO2 to escape into.

And if you want to keep a coupla few degrees colder, which also helps retain the fizz, shove it all the way to the back of the fridge so that it's actually in contact with the back wall.

Of course none of this will keep it fizzy forever.

You have to drink it in a timely manner, but if you don't open the bottle for a couple of days at a time, it will still help. Just don't jostle it around a lot.

C'mon, man!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:21pm

$3.59 for Pepsi.

$3.99 for fries.

Like I said, they must've seen you coming.

How you think $18 for a soda, a plate of french fries and a bag of biscuits is a good deal is beyond me.

I suppose that one day when you find yourself living on the street because you don't have anything because you pissed all your money away on dumb sh*t, you can think back with wistful fondness to when you were on top of the world with your plate of fries, Pepsi and bag of biscuits.

You seem judgmental. $18/$19 splurge (s) on dining out isn't going to send me living on the street.   
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:26pm

That all sounds plausible.

On the net, there's some soda dispenser gadget that supposedly helps maintain fizz by actually storing the bottle in the fridge upside down. You dispense the soda upside down, too.

I just wonder what happens to the bottle as it loses content. Will it create a vacuum and cause the bottle to collapse into itself?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:04pm

That all sounds plausible.

On the net, there's some soda dispenser gadget that supposedly helps maintain fizz by actually storing the bottle in the fridge upside down. You dispense the soda upside down, too.

I just wonder what happens to the bottle as it loses content. Will it create a vacuum and cause the bottle to collapse into itself?

A long time ago I bought one of these things....

...a screw on pressure pump top.

Don't remember if it worked or not.

Still have it.

Might try it out again.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:10pm

You seem judgmental. $18/$19 splurge (s) on dining out isn't going to send me living on the street.   

No, not if you do it once in a blue moon.

But from the stories you've told us, you seem to have a history of doing foolish things with your money.

You've probably done who knows how many similar things that you haven't told us about.

And seriously.... if you're going to splurge and drop $20 on a meal, you could do a helluva lot better than a plate of french fries, a glass of Pepsi and a bag of biscuits.

C'mon, man!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:47pm

No, not if you do it once in a blue moon.

But from the stories you've told us, you seem to have a history of doing foolish things with your money.

You've probably done who knows how many similar things that you haven't told us about.

And seriously.... if you're going to splurge and drop $20 on a meal, you could do a helluva lot better than a plate of french fries, a glass of Pepsi and a bag of biscuits.

I spent $25 for fried Calamari, fries, and soda.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 2:52am
Today I spent about $25 for chicken tenders, fries, Coke, and fried Calamari.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic