Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

J C Penney Xmas WOKE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J C Penney Xmas WOKE
    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 2:59pm

..and its off to the races for this soon to  be bankrupt store
the one i ACTUALLY wanted to post to start this was
the 'ubiquitous giant afro' musical family they are featuring
solely on a ad i just saw on the Today show
idk about u but i hardly EVER in real life see these giant afros
and NO i don't live in Utah..anymore
Also WalMart up to their usual Downs Syndrome kid shenanigans on
their 'I got U Babe' WOKE version seasonal swill
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 3:25pm

I don't see anything but an average holiday commercial. It's unremarkable, sure, but that's about it. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 3:43pm
I have always been in favor of commercials and TV in general being more inclusive when it comes to non-white actors and roles, etc.

I think the thing that bugs most people is the mad rush of phoniness and pandering to PC culture that has so obviously started occurring in the past coupla few years.

It's not the inclusiveness itself that is bothersome, it's watching them all jump on the bandwagon as if they're having some sort of competition to see who can pander to popular opinion the hardest.

Let the new "woke" mentality fall out of fashion, and these advertisng weasels will drop it like a hot potato. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 4:32pm
TOLD YOU ALL AGAIN AND AGAIN 

ITS TRANS WOMEN OF COLOR FOR NOW ON 

GET USED TO IT 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 7:17pm
I worked retail. If I had sang over the intercom like that I would have been fired. 

I didn't know JCPenney was still a thing. It's sad seeing them go from the pride of Jasper, Missouri (JCPenney came there because of Brad Wesley! Ask anyone!) to hanging by a thread. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 9:01pm
I worked for JC Penney back in 1979-81.

Sad to see all these retailers going down the tubes and especially entire shopping malls.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 10:13pm
f**k em 

those big malls would make great homeless shelters 

food courts and bathrooms everywhere

we are the music makers
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 12:22am
I think the thing that bugs most people is the mad rush of phoniness and pandering to PC culture that has so obviously started occurring in the past coupla few years.
BINGO
Pretty sure Pen NAY only cares about staying afloat
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 12:30am
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

f**k em 

those big malls would make great homeless shelters 

food courts and bathrooms everywhere

Except that most malls are in bad locations for homeless shelters.

Homeless people tend to congregate in city centers aka "downtown", where most of the other homeless services are.

Most malls are way out in the suburbs making them difficult for the homeless to get to.

Probably why you rearely if ever saw homeless people hanging around at malls.

OTOH, around here they recently refurbished and old motel and turned it into a full service homeless shelter. It's not downtown, but it's not very far from it. 

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 5:22am
Quote I worked retail. If I had sang over the intercom like that I would have been fired.

I once breathed in some helium and sang the first few lines from "I'm off to see the wizard" over the store intercom (I finished the LaLaLa's as the helium gave out.)The Munchkin voice was funny. Never got in trouble... 
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

I don't see anything but an average holiday commercial. It's unremarkable, sure, but that's about it. 

Me too...I live in Cleveland, which is an "anything goes" city...unless you're from Pittsburgh, from Michigan, or a Steelers fan!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 9:52pm
TOKENS 1 2 3 and Action.  Do these advertisers realize Their commercials are complete make believe?
If I want to watch fairy tales, I'll switch to Disney.
There's a sucker born every minute.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:51am
This slop started airing the morning of Nov. 1, the first real Xmas ad I saw this year and has been driving me nuts since. 

But THIS latest version aired constantly all day yesterday..it's just loud to me, thankfully I was out most of the day so I missed a lot of sh*t ads, my TV is off now. (Flyers are looking like total garbage as usual)

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:55am
....by the way. when the f- will JCPenney go out of business, or is this going to continue it's sloooooow painful death like Sears, KMart.

*And I cannot understand the dinky downgraded Sears at my near by mall...literally went from 3 floors to 1/4 of the 1st floor. I swear to God, I think the Apple Store, American Eagle, few others are larger than my local Sears.

I cant see them Sears/KMart lasting 6-8 more months. And I think I've been saying this since I joined this forum in 2014. 😆 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:11am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

This slop started airing the morning of Nov. 1, the first real Xmas ad I saw this year and has been driving me nuts since. 

But THIS latest version aired constantly all day yesterday..it's just loud to me, thankfully I was out most of the day so I missed a lot of sh*t ads, my TV is off now. (Flyers are looking like total garbage as usual)

Note the ubiquitous 'GIANT AFRO' of note
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 7:14pm
Check out the "Fro's" in this classic
There's a sucker born every minute.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:31pm

I like Afros on black people. I guess it depends on how it's done. Some people had them up too high and overly groomed.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:55pm
Heres the thing-
there is ALWAYS at keast ONE giant, HUMUNGOUS afro
on virtually ALL ads today-sometimes a sole one or an entire fam
BUT it has become a WOKE prerequisite that Froage
MUST APPEAR or the ad mus'tve been made by the KKK
That particular ad is NON STOP FRO
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

lol same here. Some people sure do emotionally overreact to things.

With that said, it is a stupid commercial, but not because it has black people in it.LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 2:36pm
well like i said
i couldnt at first find FRO FAM ad so i just put the less FROEY
ad up and lo & behold some nice person
POSTED THE overFRO ad-the real focus of this post
Also wtf believes any humans ever do the kind of
call and response testifying  bs singing that first ad perpetrates
as REALITY?
cmon man
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Sad to see all these retailers going down the tubes and especially entire shopping malls.

It really is sad. Few malls near me that have really gone down the tubes! 

Near by Willow Grove Mall, opened in 82, actually pretty classy..and super busy on a normal day...during the holidays you couldn't find a parking spot.

Now, it's absolutely pointless to go there. Jesus, they even took one of my favorite childhood memories in this mall...this cool fountain on the first level...removed that and built a big f'ing Dunkin kisok in it's place.  

There was a JC Penney there, that shut down about 6,7 years ago....movie theater was to go in, that failed, now some plans for some Dave & Buster arcade. Basically its one of the last hopes to revive this mall because it is in serious trouble.

Online shopping really did kill the malls, Covid didn't help. But also these 2 major Mall owners - Simon Properties and Preit f'ed things up.

Only mall that is STILL doing pretty well in the immediate area is the massive King Of Prussia mall about 20 miles from me. (Once the largest on East Coast, I think a new mall in NJ Meadowlands that opened early this year is now the largest)

Anyway, so if this KOP remains open, which it will...the rest shutdown, it's not a massive loss for big corp. owners.

It's the same situation all over the country, malls are on life support.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It really is sad. Few malls near me that have really gone down the tubes! 

Near by Willow Grove Mall, opened in 82, actually pretty classy..and super busy on a normal day...during the holidays you couldn't find a parking spot.

Now, it's absolutely pointless to go there. Jesus, they even took one of my favorite childhood memories in this mall...this cool fountain on the first level...removed that and built a big f'ing Dunkin kisok in it's place.  

There was a JC Penney there, that shut down about 6,7 years ago....movie theater was to go in, that failed, now some plans for some Dave & Buster arcade. Basically its one of the last hopes to revive this mall because it is in serious trouble.

Online shopping really did kill the malls, Covid didn't help. But also these 2 major Mall owners - Simon Properties and Preit f'ed things up.

Only mall that is STILL doing pretty well in the immediate area is the massive King Of Prussia mall about 20 miles from me. (Once the largest on East Coast, I think a new mall in NJ Meadowlands that opened early this year is now the largest)

Anyway, so if this KOP remains open, which it will...the rest shutdown, it's not a massive loss for big corp. owners.

It's the same situation all over the country, malls are on life support.

Almost every mall around here except one called The Millenia Mall (or The Mall at Millenia) has gone down the tubes. And the Millenia Mall is nothing but mostly women's clothing boutiques, shoe stores and a couple of jewelry stores. 

The oldest one in town is called Orlando Fashion Square and it is petty much dead.

Sad for me because I used to really enjoy goinhg there and hanging out in the cool a/c on hot summer days when I was bored. 

It used to be fun to go there on Saturday afternoons back in the 80's when the Naval Training Center was still open and within walking distance. All the new sailors just graduated from boot camp who'd just gotten the 8 weeks of pay they'd accumulated, would flock there to spend some of it.

There have been several plans in the works over the past few years to revitalize it by changing the nature of it, like turning it into a dining & entertainment complex with a small amount of retail and even building an attached hotel. But because of complex land vs building ownership issues it had gotten tied up in red tape. 

Now they're getting all that ironed out, but the newest plans call for nearly total demolition and replacing it with a few outdoor street front shops and most of the rest being new multi-family residential (apartments and condos). 

From the renderings I've seen, it looks boring as hell.

The mall property was pretty much what I enclosed in the yellow lines...

Just below it behind the existing Dick's Sporting Goods, are some apartments that are already well under construction or possibly nearing completion. They were not on the mall property but will be part of the overall new development as well.

But it's mostly just going to be a big residential area with a small strip of restaurant and retail storefronts.

And I'm guessing the stores will be boring, generic crap like most of the rest of them are nowadays.

Mattress store, eyeglass store, nail salon, etc. 

Probably a fitness place, too. 

Yawn, yawn, the fun is gone.  Sleepy 

C'mon, man!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 9:47pm
20 years ago in Toledo, there were four malls in the Toledo area, each covering different areas of the city. Now, there's just 1 with 2 outdoor ones as well. The first one closed in 2005, the 2nd in 2008 and the 3rd in 2011. The lone indoor one does well, but has problems with gangs and rowdy teens at times. (One of the malls I mentioned closed because of this). The other one closed when the building literally was falling apart.

There's a mall up over the state line that's going downhill with the exception of a movie theater that uses recliners as seats. We enjoy going up there to watch movies.

Outdoor Malls seem like a strange idea in Ohio and going north. I can't understand people wanting to go in and out and face cold weather going to the next store. Florida and California seem to be better states for them.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 10:33pm
Here in AZ all the big malls are getting torn down

sure we used to go hang out mostly in summer 

cause its 110 degrees all the time 

but all that asphalt just made the city hotter and hotter 

now they are going to repurpose the space and im all for it 

PHX has been plagued by endless parking lots that dont cool down at night 

retaining heat ... its a thing,  
we are the music makers
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

Here in AZ all the big malls are getting torn down

sure we used to go hang out mostly in summer 

cause its 110 degrees all the time 

but all that asphalt just made the city hotter and hotter 

now they are going to repurpose the space and im all for it 

PHX has been plagued by endless parking lots that dont cool down at night 

retaining heat ... its a thing,  

Also known as "urban heat islands".

Getting rid of asphalt is always a good thing.

Not only does it absorb heat, in places that actually get rain (not applicable in AZ I know) it causes polluted runoff which ends up in lakes and other groundwater and it prevents the water from being absorbed back into the ground whre it canmake its way back into the underground water supply.

Those "sea of asphalt" parking lots are good things to get rid of.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic