Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lost Boys - 80's teen vampire movie redux.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lost Boys - 80's teen vampire movie redux.
    Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:23pm
So apparently, back in the 80's, there was this popular teen vampire movie called The Lost Boys.

Never saw it, but I imagine it must have starred some members of The Brat Pack.

And I think it's still popular with modern day fans of the horror movie genre and other dark subject matter.

Anyway, it has been announced that, as with so many other "new" movies and TV shows, probably because the hacks who produce the garbage that passes for entertainment today have run out of original ideas, or because they're lazy, or because they just want to make a quick buck capitalizing on old ideas that require less time, effort and expense to produce.... or (in this case anyway) because they want to pander to the modern sjw, inclusiveness trend, they are going to produce a new, modernized version of this, what I guess is an 80's classic, teenage girl, "cute boy" fantasy movie.

Complete with a typically inclusive cast which has all the requisite boxes checked off....

√ A Hispanic guy
√ A gay guy
√ A black guy
√ A white guy

And notice which one is the kind of, unattractive, goofy looking one. 

The fans of the original are already fuming about it.

Something I'm glad to see as it kind of makes me feel that our entire society has not yet succumbed to the gutless PC pandering. 

As one poster I saw said... "I hope it tanks".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:29pm

No one's gonna go see this. Who would? I'm not even sure who this is trying to appeal to. I don't think vampires are even a big thing at the moment. That would've been 10 or 15 years ago.

But I didn't think the original starred any Brat Packers. Though I never saw it, I imagined it to have been a Coreys movie. And I was right. Corey Haim and Feldman starred in it.

I was never a fan of vampires, so the original wouldn't have appealed to me.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:32pm

And the gay one looks like a tranny.

And the black guy wants to beat him up.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

No one's gonna go see this. Who would? I'm not even sure who this is trying to appeal to. I don't think vampires are even a big thing at the moment. That would've been 10 or 15 years ago.

But I didn't think the original starred any Brat Packers. Though I never saw it, I imagined it to have been a Coreys movie. And I was right. Corey Haim and Feldman starred in it.

Yeah, sure.

You know you saw it so many times you lost count. (No pun intended) 

And this is how you and your "crew" would always dress up to go see it... 

While squealing at the screen.... "Ooooooohhhhh Corey is soooooo cuuuuute!!!!!"  

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yeah, sure.

You know you saw it so many times you lost count. (No pun intended) 

And this is how you and your "crew" would always dress up to go see it... 

While squealing at the screen.... "Ooooooohhhhh Corey is soooooo cuuuuute!!!!!"  

So, I was a gay Goth or something?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:37pm

I don't know.

You might have been more of a "Cradle of Filth" type of Goth....

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:43am
I saw TLB a while ago. It wasn't bad, had a good twist at the end. Also had a few 'later became big name' actors in it.  Not going to bother with the new one, remakes always suck...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:13pm

I don't know.

You might have been more of a "Cradle of Filth" type of Goth....

Yes. That's more like it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:45pm

Yes. That's more like it. 

I always figured Cradle of Filth was an imaginary band the writer of The IT Crowd made up for that episode.

Appears that there's actually a band by that name....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:09pm

I don't know if it's Goth (it's more like metal), but I kinda like that last one. Plus, the guy looks like Otis from House of 1,000 Corpses.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:13pm

I don't know if it's Goth (it's more like metal), but I kinda like that last one. Plus, the guy looks like Otis from House of 1,000 Corpses.

Richmond is the Goth.

But he's a Goth who's into metal.

Particularly Cradle of Filth.

I was kinda surprised they're a real band, though I guess I shouldn't have been.

At any rate, now that you know who they are, you will as Richmond said, have the filth to come home to.

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:54pm
Nobody has to see it - they just have to make it thats all - this is how history is being erased - anything that was popular by American or European standards get refitted with a woke crowd of mostly people of color or LBQT (or J or A - I cant remember) Once the show or movie airs,the damage is done. An internet search of shows that were rebooted in a similar manner show that they have replaced the original ones, eventually that’s all people will remember. Here is an example: Party of Five, One Day at a Time, Saved by the Bell, and soon to be the Wonder Years and Bewitched. It’s not just reboots - its also actual history such as the Amazon remake of Anne Boleyn, using the blacker than black actress Jodie Turner Smith to play the whiter than white Anne Boleyn, in fact a google search will show popular questions like: Was Anne Boleyn a real person? What did Anne Boleyn look like? Did Anne Boleyn have the King’s baby? Its shocking that an entire generation of children will think that Anne Boleyn was a Negress or that Blacks not only were well-to-do upper class folk in the 1400’s - 1800’s but actually thrived in British and French royal courts. The other disturbing part is that the many names being stolen from history being used by people who have no business being associated with those great names, such as Charlemagne the Great French King is now reduced to a seedy rapper named Charlemagne tha God. There are many more such culture vultures and they are hellbent on stealing the identity of white history and replacing it with their own.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Nobody has to see it - they just have to make it thats all - this is how history is being erased - anything that was popular by American or European standards get refitted with a woke crowd of mostly people of color or LBQT (or J or A - I cant remember) Once the show or movie airs,the damage is done. An internet search of shows that were rebooted in a similar manner show that they have replaced the original ones, eventually that’s all people will remember. Here is an example: Party of Five, One Day at a Time, Saved by the Bell, and soon to be the Wonder Years and Bewitched. It’s not just reboots - its also actual history such as the Amazon remake of Anne Boleyn, using the blacker than black actress Jodie Turner Smith to play the whiter than white Anne Boleyn, in fact a google search will show popular questions like: Was Anne Boleyn a real person? What did Anne Boleyn look like? Did Anne Boleyn have the King’s baby? Its shocking that an entire generation of children will think that Anne Boleyn was a Negress or that Blacks not only were well-to-do upper class folk in the 1400’s - 1800’s but actually thrived in British and French royal courts. The other disturbing part is that the many names being stolen from history being used by people who have no business being associated with those great names, such as Charlemagne the Great French King is now reduced to a seedy rapper named Charlemagne tha God. There are many more such culture vultures and they are hellbent on stealing the identity of white history and replacing it with their own.

All valid points but TBH.... IJDGAF anymore.

Let the future generation of little plastic sh*tbrains have their crappy plastic future world full of plastic garbage, plastic culture, plastic throw-away music, their plastic mentality and their plastic throw away society.

Screw 'em all.

All this woke sh*t will blow up in the faces of those who are foisting it on the rest of us soon enough.

And BTW.... you left the + off of LGBTQ+.

What kind of _____phobe are you, anyway?????? Angry 

(Note: if you've never read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, give it a read. You can kind of see the same direction our current society seems to be headed.)

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:55pm
Ahh- I have not yet read Brave New World - but I just finished reading 1984 for the second time in my entire life (the first time being highschool) and wow - I have to say that George Orwell is creepily dead on accurate - it’s as if the book is a playbook for the woke world domination agenda today.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 11:01pm

Plastics.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Ahh- I have not yet read Brave New World - but I just finished reading 1984 for the second time in my entire life (the first time being highschool) and wow - I have to say that George Orwell is creepily dead on accurate - it’s as if the book is a playbook for the woke world domination agenda today.

BNW is even more eerily similar to what today's world seems to be heading towards.

Everything is phony and contrived.

Even things like sex and fun is government sanctioned and approved. 

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:05am

Plastics.

That's what I was thinking of when I was typing that post. 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 9:02am

Even things like sex and fun is government sanctioned and approved. 

A few years back, the state of California was considering a bill that would require state college/univ students sign consent forms before engaging in sex. I think these contracts would specify which sexual acts the parties agree to partake in. I don't know if it ever passed.

And we used to think putting on condoms breaks the mood.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 1:54pm

A few years back, the state of California was considering a bill that would require state college/univ students sign consent forms before engaging in sex. I think these contracts would specify which sexual acts the parties agree to partake in. I don't know if it ever passed.

And we used to think putting on condoms breaks the mood. 

In Brave New World sex is no longer a means of reproduction, but rather recreation. Most women have been sterilized at birth and sex is encouraged by the state. Even little kids in school have daily "sex play" time, where they take off their clothes and are encouraged to "explore".

The Role of Sex in Brave New World

In the novel “Brave New World” by Aldous Huxley, different people show different ways of dealing with sex and love. The people of the World State are conditioned, which means sex and reproduction are controlled by the World State.

Nearly all main characters in Brave New World are from this society. When they are born, they are educated and conditioned through sleep teaching and electro shock therapy. Through this, the World State is able to ‘form’ the people, so that things like free-thought and the fear of death don’t exist. 

Also sexual and reproductive habits are formed in this education. For example, the children play erotic games in the hatchery and conditioning centre. For them it is normal that children do such things and have fun doing them.

When the people are older, sex becomes an act of release, an outlet, a form of entertainment, and is no longer a means of procreation. Promiscuity is celebrated in different ways. In the Feelies and in ceremonies they use sex to make people happy. So you can say that there is no longer a real relationship between sex and love, or sex and any kind of deep emotion. In relation to the World State in general, Huxley has removed any kind of relationship. A real relationship no longer consists of two people; it has become a big group.

All these sexual customs are determined by the World State. The act of sex is controlled by a system of social rewards for promiscuity and lack of commitment.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:51pm
I guess that's one way of keeping the people placated.

In the Soviet Union, it was vodka. Cheap and plentiful. One of the few capitalist ventures allowed within the society.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 6:14pm
In Brave New World, they had a freee, government dispensed drug that was some sort of euphoriant/opiate/hallucinogen called Soma.

People would take it on weekends they referred to as a "Soma holiday". 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:49pm

I hope that brave new world is where I go after I die. Sounds pretty good. I hope they have spaghetti.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:02pm

I hope that brave new world is where I go after I die. Sounds pretty good. I hope they have spaghetti. 

Yeah, it sounds pretty nice.

There is no such thing as natural child birth. People are engineered and produced in a sort of factory/laboratory.

Babies are grown in bottles and everyone's intelligence level and as such, their role in society, is predetermined because it is manipulate during the fertilization and artificial gestation process..

Life is pleasurable and fun, but only for members of the Alpha or Beta class and everyone is programmed to die at the age of 60.

And there is no spaghetti. 

But as log as they have plenty of sex and Soma, they are happy without tasty food. 

There is a sort of offhand, colloquial saying everyone walks around repeating that goes....

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 5:56am
Thor would be sprinkling Soma on spaghetti... 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 8:29am

Somato sauce would be good.

I love spaghetti.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic