Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official Sports Thread 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:58pm
Joey Logano won this year's NASCAR Cup Series championship. In a tragic situation, Ty Gibbs lost his father Coy Gibbs unexpectedly the day after he won his Xfinity Series Championship. Coy was the son of famed Washington Football coach and NASCAR team owner Joe Gibbs, meaning Joe's now outlived two of his sons. R.I.P. Coy.
Sponsored Links

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 6:30pm
I think Demar Hamlin is one of the biggest feel-good stories of the year. He went into cardiac arrest and collapsed during the game between the Bills and Bangles. For 48 hours, we didn't know if he'd survive, but everything after was a miracle. He woke up after being sedated in which the doctors told him he won the game of life after asking, "Who won the Game?". In the weeks since, he is smiling, laughing and even up to going out to support his team at practice. His charity has had the biggest donations ever in the wake of the near-tragedy. What a class act.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

...He woke up after being sedated in which the doctors told him he won the game of life after asking, "Who won the Game?"...

Great that he survived and recovered so well, but that part of the story, I don't believe. You wake up in a hospital bed, and your first question's gonna be "What the hell happened to me?"

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 9:17pm
I'm certainly glad to hear he's going to be ok, but honestly I was sick of hearing about him after three or four days of around the clock, hourly updates on his condition followed by some news readers slobbering all over themselves about how wonderful he is.

After ten days of it, I was ready to chuck the TV into the back yard.

Worse yet, a couple of days after Hamlin's medical episode, another (ex) NFL player named Peyton Hillis nearly died while saving his two young children from drowning in the ocean.

He was hospitalized in critical condition for about the same amount of time as Hamlin, having just been released today.

Got reported two, maybe three times.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 9:39pm

I'll bet there are t-shirts out there that say "Did we win?" a la St. George Floyd's "I can't breathe".

Edit: OK, I checked. There are, and the statement shows hands forming a heart shape underneath.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:25pm
How sweet.

I'm overcome with emotion. 🥺

Oh look... a tear fell on my screen. 😢

Guess I hafta buy one 🙄
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 9:08pm
Josef Newgarden won his first Indy 500 on Sunday, after 3 red flags, one of which a tire went up into the parking lot. No one was hurt, but the vehicle was owned by a track employee, and the track gave her a new car. Ryan Blaney also won the Coca-Cola 600, which was delayed from its unusual Sunday night into Memorial Day afternoon, due to rain and mist, which there were a few delays on Monday for.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 8:41pm
Two 4th of July sports highlights:

New Zealander Shane van Gisbergen won his first NASCAR Cup Series race in just his first race at the Chicago Street Course, the first annual event there. He qualified 3rd and charged his way through the field to win in the first time a driver won in their first race since the early 60's!

Joey Chestnut proved he's still the king of competitive eating by eating a total of 62 hot dogs at this year's Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest on Coney Island in NYC. The contest was delayed due to heavy rain, lightning and flooding, but they were able to get it done in two hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic