Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kohler Walk-In Bath ad filmed near where I live...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kohler Walk-In Bath ad filmed near where I live...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kohler Walk-In Bath ad filmed near where I live...
    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 5:08pm
Just saw the newest 2 minute ad for Kohler Walk In Bath and immediately recognized the spot where the two women are walking.

There is a small park with a bridge over a small creek along E. Washington St. in Orlando about a mile or less, from where I used to live prior to buying my house.

The ad:

On the Google Maps screenshot below, you can see the two areas... 

The blue square in the lower left is where I used to live, and the blue square in the upper right is where the commercial was filmed.

This is a screenshot from the ad:

And this is the Google Maps Street View screenshot:

Nothing extra special, just something to post about. Smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 5:22pm
I'm about a month away from a walk-in tub, hiring someone to mow my lawn and clean the house.  Cry
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 6:11pm
Interesting trivia.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:06pm

Looks like a nice spot, with the willows and palm trees. Not sure that I like the white railing. I prefer concrete drab.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:22pm
It's been painted fairly recently.

Possibly by the people who made the commercial.

It looks like they pressure washed the sidewalk, too.

In this old Google Street View image, you can see it used to be a nice "Fungus Green"...

And BTW, those "willows" are Live Oaks with Spanish moss hanging off the limbs Wink

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:50pm
Very cool! And gorgeous! Funny, I actually enjoy looking at the backgrounds in commercials. I try to decipher whether they are real or studio. Glad to see they do use live on site locations.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 8:43pm
I do the same thing 

Orlando has become a fairly popular place to make commercials. I think it has something to do with some production facilities at Universal Studios and because of that, there is a pool of people with experience in the film and video production field.

I occasionally see local background scenes in car commercials.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 8:44pm

I saw an outdoor commercial being filmed once (in SF, on Cole, between Carl and Parnassus). It was real, but the names of the businesses were changed, and some outdoor seating was placed where there usually wasn't. As I recall, the parked cars were prop cars.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 10:02pm
I've seem a couple of commercials being filmed and two movies right near where I used to live.

The movies were D.A.R.Y.L. and Ernest Saves Christmas.

Saw Ron Howard arrive at a school I was subbing at one day, which also happened to a filming location for the movie Parenthood.

Such excitement.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 10:21pm

That's funny, I saw Ron Howard once, too. He was standing outside a restaurant near my apartment, in SF to film something circa late 90s.

I'll try to look that up.

Edit: must've been EdTV.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 10:33pm

Besides the commercial I saw being filmed in the Upper Haight, I also saw a scene being filmed for some TV show. And for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. It was an action type of show, maybe a cop/buddy show, early or mid-80s. One of the protagonists drives a beat-up older (70s) Cadillac---brown, mighta been a convertible. I think the white leading actor had a Jewish last name.

Any idea?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 11:35pm

Wow, that took a good hour of research. I had some things right, some wrong.

It was a detective father/son show (not a cop/buddy show). And the Cadillac wasn't too beat up (though it was made to look so in the scene I saw being filmed).

Anyway, the show was called Crazy Like a Fox.

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Besides the commercial I saw being filmed in the Upper Haight, I also saw a scene being filmed for some TV show. And for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. It was an action type of show, maybe a cop/buddy show, early or mid-80s. One of the protagonists drives a beat-up older (70s) Cadillac---brown, mighta been a convertible. I think the white leading actor had a Jewish last name.

Any idea?

Donathon - is that you pretending to be Thor?   
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 1:57am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Any idea?

No, It's Johnsonjack Pretending To Be Thor.

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 1:58am

Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Any idea?

No, It's Johnsonjack Pretending To Be Thor.

Of course! That makes more sense!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic