Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subway- 'It’s Too Much for One Spokesperson'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subway- 'It’s Too Much for One Spokesperson'
    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 5:46pm
When I was still married, we used to do Subway from time to time.  She liked the veggie sub and I would usually go with a meatball sub.  What's with this commercial?  The old saying...If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Sponsored Links

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:02am
Subway singlehandedly made me hate Megan Rapinoe. Just as Uber Eats singlehandedly made me hate Simone Biles. (I even had to rip off the cover of the current TV Guide at home because just seeing her mug makes me think of yucky broccolini.)

I like Stephen Curry. Please no - don't make me hate him too...(but OMG he is AWFUL in this ad...)
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:26am
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

Subway singlehandedly made me hate Megan Rapinoe. Just as Ubver Eats singlehandedly made me hate Simone Biles. (I even had to rip off the cover of the current TV Guide at home because just seeing her mug makes me think of yucky broccolini.)

I like Stephen Curry. Please no - don't make me hate him too...(but OMG he is AWFUL in this ad...)

JUST saw Megan on these Opening ceremonies of the Olympics. I'm so tired of seeing her!
I'm turning this borefest off anyway. (Used to like these games when I was kid)

And oh do we have a whole new batch of annoying f'ing commercials coming out of this mess.

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:33am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

JUST saw Megan on these Opening ceremonies of the Olympics. I'm so tired of seeing her!

Was she kicking soccer balls at people who weren't eating Subway? That seems to be what she does nowadays. Cry
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 7:06am
Those were just warning shots. If you didn't start eating Subway, she'd come over and kick your balls... 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:40pm

Was she kicking soccer balls at people who weren't eating Subway? That seems to be what she does nowadays. Cry

Nah, she was chatting on the phone via Skype on some train or shuttle bus. I have no idea what she said, didn't pay much attention.

Then commercial break to THIS Subway ad. (So clever NBC, what a great segway...[eyeroll!]
I honestly can't see any of these athletes eating f'ing Subway.

Hell I HAVEN'T had Subway since a bad case of food poisoning from a Tuna hoagie - a bad, bad choice on my part - in the mid 90s.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 5:46pm
subway is trying but I aint buyin it
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 5:29am
Give them time, they'll bring Jared back... 
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Give them time, they'll bring Jared back... 

HES ONLY DOING 15 YEARS HE WILL GET OUT EVENTUALLY 
we are the music makers
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 5:57pm

Subway singlehandedly made me hate Megan Rapinoe. Just as Uber Eats singlehandedly made me hate Simone Biles. (I even had to rip off the cover of the current TV Guide at home because just seeing her mug makes me think of yucky broccolini.)

That Rapinoe dude has about as much positive charisma as the black tennis Dude S Williams
IF U CATCH MY DRIFT
who i am THOROUGHLY baffled by his large amts of endorsements
she/he looks like he might bite yer fool head off on his/her migraine ad
i fear for its childs life...

S Curry relatively bullet proof as long as he just does this a year then dumps it
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 6:01pm

Nah, she was chatting on the phone via Skype on some train or shuttle bus. I have no idea what she said, didn't pay much attention.

Then commercial break to THIS Subway ad. (So clever NBC, what a great segway...[eyeroll!]
I honestly can't see any of these athletes eating f'ing Subway.

Hell I HAVEN'T had Subway since a bad case of food poisoning from a Tuna hoagie - a bad, bad choice on my part - in the mid 90s.

Confused
Alright! I'm getting confused!  Is that freaking Ellen?

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Segue. 

A "Segway" is this thing:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/06/24/us/24xp-segway/24xp-segway-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 6:53pm
And now we have Charles Barkley embarrassing himself in a Subway ad, saying "Picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture in picture..." OMG MAKE IT STOP!!!!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:23pm
Its gotta be Hard (pun intended) to follow up after Jared !
we are the music makers
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:27pm
Perhaps Subway should consider hiring celebrities people actually like!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:39pm
Subway's Jared Fogle lucky he's still alive after prison beating,  attacker's family say | Daily Mail Online
we are the music makers
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:41pm
this is the guy who beat Jared to within an inch of his life in prison 

they dont like pedophiles in prison 
we are the music makers
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:48pm
And he has such a proud look for doing so!!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

this is the guy who beat Jared to within an inch of his life in prison 

they dont like pedophiles in prison

I was reading about that.

The claims about the severity of the beating have been exaggerated.

Fogle got a bloody nose, some scratches and bruises.

The reason the guy (whose last name is Nigg btw) beat Fogle was because he was pissed that Fogle got put into a minimum security facility and that he was using his money to buy stuff other inmates cannot afford.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:34pm
aw yer taking all the fun out of it 
we are the music makers
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 5:29am
I can't stand that one bitch that is after the guy....and then of course the way too overused horns while she yells so uninspiringly..."Spokesperson refreeeeessssshhh!" I could just smack her every single time!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 2:32pm
Well, no gold medal for Megan and the rest.
(Not even watching, just saw it on the news)

But enjoy those Subway so called sandwiches. 

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 3:48am
I was just witnessing this monstrosity and had a thought.
I think it's safe to say that we all have less than favorable views on all fast food. That being said, there are some who have their favorites. For instance, let's say you're working in a group and time to break for lunch. Looking for suggestions on what to get for lunch, you hear the expected replies like McD's, BK, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, and others; but when was the last time you ever heard anyone suggest Subway? In my experience Subway is always where to go when the other options are ruled out.
If you keep up with the news, the only chain with worse hygienic conditions overall is Popeye's.
Want a GOOD sub? Check out your local deli or pizza house
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

I was just witnessing this monstrosity and had a thought.
I think it's safe to say that we all have less than favorable views on all fast food. That being said, there are some who have their favorites. For instance, let's say you're working in a group and time to break for lunch. Looking for suggestions on what to get for lunch, you hear the expected replies like McD's, BK, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, and others; but when was the last time you ever heard anyone suggest Subway? In my experience Subway is always where to go when the other options are ruled out.
If you keep up with the news, the only chain with worse hygienic conditions overall is Popeye's.
Want a GOOD sub? Check out your local deli or pizza house

For subs, Firehouse is my favorite. I also like Penn Station, and I do eat at Subway on occasion as well.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:24pm
I like Jimmy Johns but I hear the owner is a f**knut
we are the music makers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic