Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7-11
    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:08pm
Odd and simply annoying.

I loved 7-11 when I was a kid. When they had a few arcade games inside, the collector Slurpee cups (Baseball coins on the bottom, arcade themed cups)

Today all of them have the same dirty feel and smell to it. And that cold ass lighting. Pizza and wings I would never attempt to eat. Dead

These ads have a um..nicer interior, exteriors. I don't where these new ones are...or they just chose a nice location in Cali or Florida. The locations near me have been the same since at least the late 70s, early 80s

My local 7-11, damn Slurpee machine is always busted or it churns..more like spews out chunks of icy slop.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:09pm
Wawas are big here in NJ...in both senses of the word. Some of them are over-the-top nice inside. Kinda ridiculous. If I was to go to a convenience store, I'd be going there for the convenience and a Slurpee, not for a shopping experience and a gift shop.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:12pm
Wawa has gotten big around here too, but just in the past 5 years or so.

They're all over the place now.

And they are pretty big here, too. I noticed while watching one go up near my neighborhood, that they are unnecessarily tall. Like two stories or more. And I don't think they have an attic. It must just be a lot of empty space that houses the a/c and lighting equipment, etc.

But they are kind of over the top nice inside. 

A sandwich and now hot food deli style counter, and an on-duty barista who keeps the coffee urns filled with fresh coffee and can make custom lattes, etc.

The only reason I go in there nowadays is to grab a pocketful of free sucralose (Splenda) packets to put in the coffee I make at home and don't buy from them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:55pm

So you just walk in, take the Splenda and leave? I'd at least buy something so I didn't look so suspicious. You'll be the reason there'll soon be a sign that says "Sugar and sugar substitutes now available at the cash register".

By the way, do you know you can now get Sucralose in little squirt bottles? It's about 100 "servings" for maybe $3.

Jimbo, $3, and you can save your dignity for months!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

So you just walk in, take the Splenda and leave? I'd at least buy something so I didn't look so suspicious.

The reason I usually go there to begin with, is to buy gas. 

Usually about $15 to $20 worth.

Sometimes I still go inside the store to buy a sub sandwich from their deli food counter.

So, when I snag some sweetener packets, I've also at least bought gas.

You'll be the reason there'll soon be a sign that says "Sugar and sugar substitutes now available at the cash register".

My taking of a relatively small amount every few months, of something that's free anyway, is not going to affect any high level or even mid-level corporate decision making.

And besides, they probably sweep up off the floor and throw away more of that kind of stuff in a week than I snag from them.

By the way, do you know you can now get Sucralose in little squirt bottles? It's about 100 "servings" for maybe $3.

Jimbo, $3, and you can save your dignity for months!

Yes, I have a squirt bottle of Splenda on the little shelf in my fridge door.

I don't like to use it because the amount of a "squirt" is never uniform. Thus, I sometimes get more than I want, sometimes less. With packets you can control exactly how much sweetener you get.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 4:45pm

Wawas are big here in NJ...in both senses of the word. Some of them are over-the-top nice inside. Kinda ridiculous. If I was to go to a convenience store, I'd be going there for the convenience and a Slurpee, not for a shopping experience and a gift shop.

I like Wawa, but I will admit they got too big, as in size of the stores and literally trying to suck up every piece of empty land (at least near me) to build these "Super Wawa's" - and fighting the residents in court.

The older Wawa's, I don't miss the insanely dangerous dinky parking lots, but it's not much better with the new ones - gas stations. There are still a few of those older ones here, but becoming more and more rare.

The large Jenkintown, PA one a few miles from me had a big tribute to The Goldbergs show a few months ago. 

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:01pm
I have gotten the roller hot dogs from there before. They're actually pretty good.

Circle K and Speedway are both big in NW Ohio.
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:19pm
When we lived in North Carolina, Quick Trip was similar to Wawa here!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

I have gotten the roller hot dogs from there before. They're actually pretty good.

Circle K and Speedway are both big in NW Ohio.

Ladies and gentlemen! I have found my new hero! 🥰.

Someone who has tempted fate and survived after eating a gas station roller dog!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

The closest thing to a 'Wawa' I ever saw was a lake in northern Indiana called Lake Wawasee.

The largest natural lake in Indiana.  My parents had an old cottage there.  Some great memories for me.

My dad later had a house built just 4 doors down from where the cottage was.  A 5 bedroom place, we were all (my siblings) young enough to still live at home.  My parents later divorced, my dad had to sell it.  Long story short, the place my dad bought during his final years on earth.  The building was a former Seminary, then a college prep school.  My dad tried to get me to go there, even brought out the soccer coach to size me up.  I didn't want to go there, dammit!

They later turned the building into high-end condos. Over $400,000 a unit.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 7:03pm
Just for those hungry for history, the Eli Lilly family owns a huge piece of land right next door.

Yes, Lilly pharm.

http://www.wawaseespink.com/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic