Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xfinity - Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xfinity - Olympics
    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 1:19pm
Oh please stop with the corny rapping!! Ouch

There's also another Comcast-Xfinity on that keeps airing where some kid and a guy are screaming back and forth. Insanely annoying!

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 3:56pm

Sounds so confrontational.

Did they show the little BLM bitch who placed third in throwing hammers and then turned her back during the national anthem?

She could use some confrontation.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 4:26pm
(C)rap "music" always sounds angry, aggressive and confrontational.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 4:32pm

True, but wanting people to watch the Olympics doesn't seem to warrant confrontation.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 4:41pm
Most of the stuff (c)rap "music" (c)raps about doesn't warrant confrontation. 

But that doesn't stop it from occurring.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 5:44pm
What a bunch of noise!  It doesn't make me want to watch.  Spectrum has a monopoly in these parts yet I can't get their service here.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

What a bunch of noise!  It doesn't make me want to watch.  Spectrum has a monopoly in these parts yet I can't get their service here.

Well, if it's all about identity (as it seems it's supposed to be these days), notice there's all of one white male in the commercial. That's out of about 34 identifiable people in the commercial. He appears for a split second at around the 4 second mark.

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 6:17pm
NBC carries the Olympics, and is owned by Comcast as well.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 1:08am
Xfinity, Comcast is a virus!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 1:25am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Xfinity, Comcast is a virus!

It was not bad except for 5 seconds of yelling.
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:25pm
Well - now that the Olympics won't have an audience, making the telecast a lot less exciting to watch, all this overwrought rapping *really* seems out of place. Hoping they'll replace this with something else immediately. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 12:04am
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

Well - now that the Olympics won't have an audience, making the telecast a lot less exciting to watch, all this overwrought rapping *really* seems out of place. Hoping they'll replace this with something else immediately. 

Sports without fans is...well, just stupid. I dunno how they're gonna pull this off.

Wait! What do I care? I wasn't gonna watch anyway.

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 12:07am
I wasn’t going to watch either, however, I do feel badly for all the athletes who trained so hard to represent their country!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:29am
So now they've been running a new ad where people try - badly - to sing along with the John Williams Olympic theme. This may be even worse than the rapping ad. 

But the best part is the beginning, when a young girl is doing that stupid "I'm talking to my remote" thing, and I know she's saying "Show me the Olympics" but to me it really sounds like "SHOVE the Olympics." I couldn't agree more. 
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 7:08am
It looks like EVERY commercial that plays this Olympics is going to be woke and PC and inclusive and all about sunshine and picnic baskets and unicorns and kittens and rainbows while singing around the campfire holding hands and singing Kumbayah.  
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by MontanaTrav MontanaTrav wrote:

It looks like EVERY commercial that plays this Olympics is going to be woke and PC and inclusive and all about sunshine and picnic baskets and unicorns and kittens and rainbows while singing around the campfire holding hands and singing Kumbayah.  

I had these Opening Ceremonies on briefly last night, yeah I noticed that also! 
And there were a TON of commercial breaks in the short time I had this on.  I ended up turning it off..

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:27pm
--duplicate post, deleted--

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm

Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

So now they've been running a new ad where people try - badly - to sing along with the John Williams Olympic theme. This may be even worse than the rapping ad. 

But the best part is the beginning, when a young girl is doing that stupid "I'm talking to my remote" thing, and I know she's saying "Show me the Olympics" but to me it really sounds like "SHOVE the Olympics." I couldn't agree more. 

Wow.. no words. Dead
Nice brief shot of the Philly skyline...except for the part of the two massive, tallest skyscrapers here, both Comcast Towers. They received a nice generous tax cut for putting them up here also. F'ers!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:20am
Haven't watched a minute of it since it started. It ain't "The Olympics" when competitors can be pulled straight out for positive COVID tests. That makes the competition, may I say, easier?
I'll come back in 2022 when the Bejiing Winter Olympics begin.
And no fans, either...IOC and Japanese officials finalized that. And an hour's worth of commercials during any gold-medal game(s). You can thank NBC for that. They've botched and destroyed the Olympics for a long time. Remember when they interrupted the London Closing Ceremonies to air the pilot of a dumb sitcom called 'Animal Practice' with a veterinarian and a chimp? 

Up north, the CBC does a much better job covering any Olympics events.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:22am

Originally posted by MontanaTrav MontanaTrav wrote:

I had these Opening Ceremonies on briefly last night, yeah I noticed that also! 
And there were a TON of commercial breaks in the short time I had this on.  I ended up turning it off..

A ton of commercial breaks? You sure it wasn't two tons? That's NBC, screwing every broadcast of the (Summer) Olympiad since 1988, and Winter Olympiad since 2002...
How many times did Liberty x4 my a$$ play? Confused
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Haven't watched a minute of it since it started. It ain't "The Olympics" when competitors can be pulled straight out for positive COVID tests. That makes the competition, may I say, easier?
And no fans, either...IOC and Japanese officials finalized that. And an hour's worth of commercials during any gold-medal game(s). You can thank NBC for that. They've botched and destroyed the Olympics for a long time. Remember when they interrupted the London Closing Ceremonies to air the pilot of a dumb sitcom called 'Animal Practice' with a veterinarian and a chimp? 

Imagine what the backlash would be if one of the more famous athletes test positive.

NBC has decent personalities for their coverage. I don't mind the human interest stuff and all that, the commercials are a bit excessive. They even did it for their soccer coverage. You don't ever see that for FIFA and the European tournaments. 

I haven't seen CBC's coverage yet.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

I watched 10 minutes of fencing on Sunday. (No idea why). The US woman won the Gold, she was damn cute too I thought. I flicked on USA channel when I usually watch Law & Order reruns, it's all Olympics coverage, forgot that's owned by NBC/Comcast. Confused

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:58pm

And then there's all the damned personal dramas. Plus, it seems the only people competing this time around are black females. If I have to see one more news item in my news feed about Simone Biles abs or how cute she and her bf look together in their swimsuits, I'm gonna puke.

Not that I'd watch, anyway. Not since I was a kid.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:29pm
I hate the Olympics. Always have.

I was hoping they'd be cancelled due to COVID this year.

The only downside to that for me, would be that they'd probably reschedule them for a non-Olympic year and my suffering would merely be delayed.

I laugh every time I hear about one of these precious turds being disqualified or having to drop out for some reason. 

Ha ha!!!!! Have fun wallowing in the tattered remnants of your crushed dreams, bitches!!!!!! 

LOL LOL LOL

I hope that severe weather system that's churning off the coast of Japan moves inland and causes them to shut it all down!!!!  

I HATE THE OLYMPICS!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:56pm

So, uh...whaddya think of the Olympics, Jimbo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic