Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cristy Lane's "NEW" Christmas Album!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cristy Lane's "NEW" Christmas Album!!
    Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 7:16am
I've been seeing Cristy Lane's ad for her "NEW" Christmas album on the news channel lately, and this bitch must think we're f**king stupid!! This album sure as HELL ain't new. It's been running for years, and they bring it back every damned Christmas season, and I am sick of it. I hate Cristy Lane's voice, and I hate seeing this ad on all the damned time. Another thing I hate about it is that she does her own voice over. It just seems arrogant to me. She is talking about how wonderful, and awesome she is, and how her songs are classics and sh*t like that. She must be out of her God Damned mind to think anyone gives a furry rat's red ass about her. I'd like to see a new picture of her now, cause in those OLD ads she looks pretty young. I bet she is full of gray hair and wrinkles now, and her voice probably sounds like a ten pack a  day smoker chewing on sandpaper and downing hard liquor!! This bitch needs to go the f**k away, and shut the f**k up!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Sponsored Links

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 8:00am

In this ad, appears to be from a magazine, I see the date of 2003.   She looks pretty old then.   She is 68 years old(according to the Wikipedia!).
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 6:33pm
OH GOD, they are wearing this thing out!! (the commercial, not Cristy...she's already worn out  HEEHEE!!) They really need to stop running this ad!! Do people REALLY BIY THIS f**kING THING???? Don't people have taste in music anymore??
I'd like to shake HER till the rattles!!! 
WhiskeyMan2112 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiskeyMan2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 1:03pm
oh yes the albums date back to the early 80s  around 82 or 83. I remember seeing them on TBS or the old Nashville Network WAY before it became Spike TV
We'll be right back after these words from our sponsor.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 1:15pm
WhiskeyMan, dont you play that hand too long.
WhiskeyMan, dont you play that hand too long.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by WhiskeyMan2112 WhiskeyMan2112 wrote:

oh yes the albums date back to the early 80s  around 82 or 83. I remember seeing them on TBS or the old Nashville Network WAY before it became Spike TV

Yeah.  She looks to be in her 40's on that album cover.  I think she's near 70 now.

Plus, that I Believe in Angels song is an old Abba song.

I already know more about this woman than I ever wanted to know.

Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 5:07pm

The stuff that tours in Branson are made of...

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 5:22pm
Like the avatar, WhiskeyMan!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiskeyMan2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 5:46pm
and may I return the compliment in kind.Star
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 11:04pm
I get the feeling they  are showing the exact same ad from the 1980s.   It just feels "old" to me, like those "The Clapper" ads.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiskeyMan2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 4:01pm
you read my tea leaves exactly!
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 3:15am
I have OFFICIALLY renamed her, "CURSE-T PAIN", cause I curse when I see her and the bitch hurts my ears!! GTFAB!!!!! (Go The f**k Away Bitch!!)
peep1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peep1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 5:24am
Her "new" Christmas album came out in the '70's. That kid probably has grandkids that age now. Why doesn't someone call her out on it?
SOAD328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOAD328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:10pm
Aaah! I work nights and the tv in the break room only gets one channel. So every night I work, mainly around my lunch at 2am, I see this commercial way too many times. They tend to show it about three times in a row most commercial breaks. It used to just be her greatest hits cd but it's been the Christmas one lately, the commercial with the little blonde girl staring creepily straight ahead as Cristy is singing to her. I swear she looks like a knock-off Golden Girl
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:48pm

Glad to see this thread resurrected...just in time for Christmas.  Can't get me enough of my Cristy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic