Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RIP Mark Elliott (L.A. DJ and Disney announcer)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Mark Elliott (L.A. DJ and Disney announcer)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Mark Elliott (L.A. DJ and Disney announcer)
    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 7:13am
Had kids in the last 30-40 years? Rented Disney VHS tapes for the kiddos? Maybe even bought 'The Lion King' or 'Toy Story' for your children for Christmas? This voice needs no explanation, and a massive voice in the world of entertainment has gone to the microphone in the skies. Mark was the voice for just about every trailer for Disney movies. He passed away this week at 81, from lung cancer.
Not only that, but he was a radio DJ in the '70s on KHJ in Los Angeles (Boss Radio, the big top 40 station in town).

The picture of him comes from the Twitter of Joe Cipriano, another long-time announcer of promos and commercials.
https://twitter.com/joecip/status/1378785647662612483

And here's Mark's famous voice from a trailer for Cinderella on VHS. I grew up with this voice and so did all the parents watching the trailers with their kids. RIP to a man who most people didn't know, but yet we all knew that voice. CryCryCryCryCry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 1:42pm
I've always envied professional voice over announcer guys.

Especially the ones at his level

Making all that money to sit in front of a microphone and read a few lines.

What an amazing way to make a ton of money!!!!

Lucky bastards!!!! 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:12pm
I recognize his voice very well from watching previews before watching Disney movies on VHS. Most people never knew what he looked like or even recognized his name. Disney trailers and ads will never be the same without Mark's voice. May he R.I.P.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I've always envied professional voice over announcer guys.

Especially the ones at his level

Making all that money to sit in front of a microphone and read a few lines.

What an amazing way to make a ton of money!!!!

Lucky bastards!!!! 

And some do it right from their home in their own studio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic