Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We Buy Any Car "Big Plans" interracial couple

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Buy Any Car "Big Plans" interracial couple
    Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:15am
This is yet another interracial couple ad, but this one also uses the old "smart gal - dumb guy" theme.

The conundrum they must've faced on the possible ramifications of having to make one of them the smart one and one of them the dumb one probably drove them over the edge.

"If we make the black guy the smart one, women will be offended. 

If we make the white woman the smart one, blacks will be offended."

I can imagine the endless meetings and discussions they must've had

I guess that had something to do with the genteel things the black husband was saying he had planned for the afternoon.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:28am

Also, notice that the female is the driver. She's not just the smarter one, she's the one in control (while he dreams of pedicures and bubble baths and probably tiramisu).

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:30am
LOL
She's the only one with good enough credit to get the deal done!

I see so many mixed couples these days,  I can't keep up with my obligations here on the forum.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Also, notice that the female is the driver. She's not just the smarter one, she's the one in control (while he dreams of pedicures and bubble baths and probably tiramisu).

Yeah, good catch. 

I've had tiramisu once.

It was so sweet I could barely finish it.

But given what I paid for it, I finished it, dammit!!!!! Sick

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:41am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL
She's the only one with good enough credit to get the deal done!

I see so many mixed couples these days,  I can't keep up with my obligations here on the forum.

Bad boy!!!!!! Angry

Evil Smile LOL

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:58am
Alright!  I guess you don't need a good credit rating to sell your car.

But still! You smart people are talking above me!

noun: tiramisu; noun: tiramisù
an Italian dessert consisting of layers of sponge cake soaked in coffee and brandy or liqueur with powdered chocolate and mascarpone cheese.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 4:33pm
Not intending to be racist here, but WHY are virtually ALL commercials today featuring inter-racial marriages and relationships. It's like two white people or two black people is the new minority.
Political correctness is one thing, but really, haven't we gone a little too far on this one?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 8:42pm
I'll admit interracial couples are a more common sight than they were a decade ago, but it's still a lot more rare than commercials would have us believe.

It's obvious that it's more about presenting an image for the companies doing the advertising than it is about portraying reality or pushing a social agenda.

If/when it ever falls out of favor, you'll see it end overnight.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 8:44pm

^ At least they could be more realistic, and stick with the more common interracial hookups---black men/white women, white men/Asian women.

Those are the ones I'm most familiar with.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 9:30pm
Arabic man  and a jewish TG ?? 

i mean if we are gonna get into it 

then get into it...Wink

of course the Arab man would be the driver BTW!

just saying... where does it end 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:16am
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

then get into it...Wink

Just wait till this fall when the Dukes of Hazzard reboot premieres. Just announced this morning. Daisy was originally Dave, though you'd be hard put to tell, even with her eponymous shorts. Luke has ancestry like Obama (no word on whether Boss Hogg demands to see the birth certificate). Bo and Uncle Jesse are the least changed, albeit fiercely protective of Daisy (who's feisty enough not to need protection). Bo and Luke spurn firearms not because of probation, but because "real men don't need guns" (not that vegans go hunting, anyway). The iconic '69 Charger is still there with only a couple of changes: an LGBT flag on the roof, and it's called the General Smith, named after the first openly LGBT general in the U.S. military (yes, a real person).

The Dukes still make moonshine on occasion, often to raise funds for pet causes, like David/Daisy's surgery. Boss Hogg and Sheriff Rosco are virtually identical to the originals (though Boss Hogg has a portrait of Donald Trump in his office). Their religion is not specified, but Boss Hogg often says, "I'd rather give up raw liver for Lent than [whatever.]"
Enos Strate is, well, straight, notwithstanding his crush on Daisy - he likes to tell her, "if God didn't want you to be a girl, He wouldn't have let you become one."

No confirmation on the cast, though the actor playing Daisy has the first name Chris. Whether that's Christine or Christopher isn't known.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

then get into it...Wink

Just wait till this fall when the Dukes of Hazzard reboot premieres. Just announced this morning. Daisy was originally Dave, though you'd be hard put to tell, even with her eponymous shorts. Luke has ancestry like Obama (no word on whether Boss Hogg demands to see the birth certificate). Bo and Uncle Jesse are the least changed, albeit fiercely protective of Daisy (who's feisty enough not to need protection). Bo and Luke spurn firearms not because of probation, but because "real men don't need guns" (not that vegans go hunting, anyway). The iconic '69 Charger is still there with only a couple of changes: an LGBT flag on the roof, and it's called the General Smith, named after the first openly LGBT general in the U.S. military (yes, a real person).

The Dukes still make moonshine on occasion, often to raise funds for pet causes, like David/Daisy's surgery. Boss Hogg and Sheriff Rosco are virtually identical to the originals (though Boss Hogg has a portrait of Donald Trump in his office). Their religion is not specified, but Boss Hogg often says, "I'd rather give up raw liver for Lent than [whatever.]"
Enos Strate is, well, straight, notwithstanding his crush on Daisy - he likes to tell her, "if God didn't want you to be a girl, He wouldn't have let you become one."

No confirmation on the cast, though the actor playing Daisy has the first name Chris. Whether that's Christine or Christopher isn't known.

just wow ! Shocked
we are the music makers
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 8:31pm

Some of that actially sounds like it could be true.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 8:58pm
What about a Dukes of Hazzard reboot?

Recasting the Dukes of Hazzard for a modern reboot. Hollywood is known for remaking remakes of films or tv series and the studios might think it would be great to bring the story back with a new set of characters.

Be it in the form of a Dukes of Hazzard reunion, a Dukes of Hazzard movie, or a Dukes of Hazzard reboot, if you had to start filming today, who would you cast in what role?

well we can start with jake from state farm 

we are the music makers
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

then get into it...Wink

Sounds like Lifetime network again
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:35pm
You mean like DASHING IN DECEMBER  Captain?  Shocked
we are the music makers
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Not intending to be racist here, but WHY are virtually ALL commercials today featuring inter-racial marriages and relationships. It's like two white people or two black people is the new minority.
Political correctness is one thing, but really, haven't we gone a little too far on this one?

The companies are terrified of being accused of being "racist". That's pretty much it. Also the advertising agencies they contract to make their commercials are PC to the max for the same reason. 

jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yep. It's not only a mixed race couple but he's riding shotgun like an emasculated bitch LOL
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 1:54am
But isn't everything we do now considered racist? My God, A person can't disagree or contest a statement uttered by another without it being dissected for racist undertones! Oh - I used the word God - how many did I just offend? LOL. I'm new here - oops!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 6:02am
Nah, you're fine. 

Can't wait for the Wokes to go after car ads next, as apparently only "rich" people are shown buying the expensive cars... 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 2:18am

You mean like DASHING IN DECEMBER  Captain?  Shocked

Aye! That's the one!
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 2:57am
To be honest, I didn't think these two were a couple! I thought the woman was the sales person while the guy was the buyer! I guess I will have to wait for the commercial to air again and pay more attention to see what I missed! Is it ok for a newbie to be a dumbass?
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 5:33pm
I'm confused. The woman gets back into the car with a check. Why? I though she just sold the very car they drove there in.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

I'm confused. The woman gets back into the car with a check. Why? I though she just sold the very car they drove there in.

I suppose she just got back in the car to show off her superior skillz to her husband/boyfriend/domestic partner/whatever and afterward, they had to get out, collect their personal junk and walk home.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic