Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pooch Perfect Promo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 5:39pm

In case you care 

we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Sponsored Links

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 5:57pm
Nope - not going to open this! i don’t want this song to be my ear worm for the next week!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

In case you care 

Hah!  If you don't want to hear about aka, change the channel now! Wink

My air conditioner is here!

The wife and I had been dating (long distance) for only a few months. We took a 3 day cruise to the bahamas on our birthdays. 1/13 and 1/14 of 2001.  She had never even flown on a plane before.

Anyway, ^ That song was blasting when we got on the ship.

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

In case you care 

Hah!  If you don't want to hear about aka, change the channel now! Wink

My air conditioner is here!

The wife and I had been dating (long distance) for only a few months. We took a 3 day cruise to the bahamas on our birthdays. 1/13 and 1/14 of 2001.  She had never even flown on a plane before.

Anyway, ^ That song was blasting when we got on the ship.

That was a big song back in the early 2000's.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:26pm
Too late! Just reading the title was enough to start the ear worm..............
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:49pm
^  I get a lot of songs stuck in my head. I'm old and demented.

Nice signature!

I've got some great pictures of our old German Shepherd.

Here I go, talking about me.

I was helping the ex move out when I first heard this song.  Thor hates it!  I'm sorry, but it is stuck in my head.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

GOTCHA !

if you want to get me back I will allow it since you are new here 

ANYTHING BY STYX or THE EAGLES 

I really hate them both a lot Angry

oh yeah ... the liberty jingle 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:52pm
Challenge? Accepted!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:46am
Hello Hart! For starters, how about Mr. roboto? Don’ t know how to add an attachment yet, but I’ll learn and then, look out, my friend! Bwaahaahaaa!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:54am
Oh, and anything by The Eagles as I can’t stand their music. For starters, how about a little “Hotel California” - just to start that irritating ear worm after Mr. Roboto buzzes through your brain on a continuous loop! Just messing with you!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

GOTCHA !

if you want to get me back I will allow it since you are new here 

ANYTHING BY STYX or THE EAGLES 

I really hate them both a lot Angry

oh yeah ... the liberty jingle 

I personally like both Styx and the Eagles.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:05pm

Hotel California might be an earworm, but it's a greeeat song. From the same album, The Last Resort's even better. And I'm not a huge Eagles fan.

Styx sounds like a buncha nutty squirrels to me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:41pm
I love Styx.

One of the best rock bands in history.

Up until that Mr Roboto silliness anyway.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I love Styx.

Styx fan also and agreed...Mr. Roboto was a WTF moment! Hated the song and video.

Not a huge fan of Jimmy Fallon, laughs way too hard at dumb stuff, interviews and comes off a bit goofy, but his "play by play" almost perfect remake of this Styx classic is damn good.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:38am
Styx BLOWS goats

i was listening to our retro station this AM and 'Madame Blew' came on..
 it literally RIPS OFF Zeps Babe I'm Gonna Leave you initially and then
caterwauls incessantly for a good while before mincing off. ugh

My Friend Danny thought Styx wasn't American..French maybe?

HAHAHAHHA
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:04am

I love Styx.

I've seen both Styx and Dennis DeYoung playing the music of Styx. Both were great shows.

For the Styx concert, we were feet away from the bass speakers. That set up for the loudest concert I've ever been to.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 8:30am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

I could see them being Canadian.

Are there any major rock artists from France? I can't think of any.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I could see them being Canadian.

Are there any major rock artists from France? I can't think of any.

They're from Chicago, I think.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

I love Styx.

I've seen both Styx and Dennis DeYoung playing the music of Styx. Both were great shows.

For the Styx concert, we were feet away from the bass speakers. That set up for the loudest concert I've ever been to.

Blue Collar Man is one of my favorite songs of all times.

Renegade is a great song also.

Anyone who doesn't like those two songs has ZERO taste is rock music AFAIC.

I like Too Much Time ON My Hands, too. 

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:48pm

Styx BLOWS goats

i was listening to our retro station this AM and 'Madame Blew' came on..
 it literally RIPS OFF Zeps Babe I'm Gonna Leave you initially and then
caterwauls incessantly for a good while before mincing off. ugh

HAHAHAHHA

That's funny, considering that Babe I'm Gonna Leave You isn't even their song to begin with.

It's been recorded by several artists, including Joan Baez who put it on a live album back in the early 60's long before the was a Led Zeppelin or it's members even knew each other....

And of course, Led Zeppelin themselves are well known as the biggest song rip-off artists in the music business...

Just sayin..... Ermm

(BTW.... Styx rocked!!!!LOL 

C'mon, man!
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:23pm

That's funny, considering that Babe I'm Gonna Leave You isn't even their song to begin with.

It's been recorded by several artists, including Joan Baez who put it on a live album back in the early 60's long before the was a Led Zeppelin or it's members even knew each other....

And of course, Led Zeppelin themselves are well known as the biggest song rip-off artists in the music business...

Just sayin..... Ermm

(BTW.... Styx rocked!!!!LOL 

Saying a musician/band "stole" or were "rip-off artists" because they cover someone else's song is a hoot!

Yes, Led Zep covered Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, but if you think Joan Baez's version is even remotely as good, remotely as passionate, as Zep's version....I think you need a WaxVac to clean out your ears! LOLLOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

Just sayin..... Ermm

(BTW.... Styx rocked!!!!LOL 

Saying a musician/band "stole" or were "rip-off artists" because they cover someone else's song is a hoot!

Yes, Led Zep covered Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, but if you think Joan Baez's version is even remotely as good, remotely as passionate, as Zep's version....I think you need a WaxVac to clean out your ears! LOLLOL

You obviously didn't bother to read the articles I linked.

If you had, you'd understand that Led Zeppelin didn't just "cover" the songs they are rightfully accused of ripping off. 

Muddy Waters sued them and won for blatantly ripping off his song You Need Love in their song Whole Lotta Love 

As for Joan Baez.... her early 1960's version of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You was a more faithful rendition of the original folk version from the mid 50's and stands on it's own merits. Both in terms of her beautiful, lilting high soprano voice and her highly adroit acoustic guitar finger picking skills.

Music is art and art is subjective.

Saying one piece of art is "better" than another, just displays a lack of understanding of what art is.

I bet Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are both fans of Joan Baez and her version of the song because they understand that art is in the eye and ear of the beholder.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:46pm

Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

I love Styx.

Blue Collar Man is one of my favorite songs of all times.

Renegade is a great song also.

Anyone who doesn't like those two songs has ZERO taste is rock music AFAIC.

I like Too Much Time ON My Hands, too. 

You threw me there. I thought Blue Collar Man was a song I liked, but it turns out, I was thinking of Working Man, the one song I like by Rush.

But that Styx song, which I don't like, reminds me of Double Vision by Foreigner, which I like. So it must be the Styx vocals I don't like.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:52pm

I like cover songs, as long as the coverer has a different take on it.   Quiet Riot did a pretty good and faithful cover of Slade's Cum On Feel The Noize, but what was the point? I mean, it made them big, but it added little to the original. A lot of casual fans of the song can't even tell the difference.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I like cover songs, as long as the coverer has a different take on it. 

Re: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, here's the first two recorded versions of it.

You can tell the 2nd version at around 1:50 is drastically different from the original and it is the version Joan Baez covered.

From the YouTube notes by whoever posted it....

"These are the very first ever recordings of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", long before Led Zepplin even existed. The first is by the song's author Anne Bredon, who wrote the songs in the late 50's, and this recording dates from approx. 1959, and is a home recording. The recordings is a little rough, but you can absolutely recognize the song. The second recording is from Janet Smith from approx 1961 when she was attending Oberlin College. She heard Anne play it on a college radio show, and Anne to teach it to her. Janet then developed her own arrangement of the song, and you can clearly hear this is the arrangement of the song that was later made famous by Joan Baez. Janet is the one who taught the song Joan, and from there the song entered repertoire of many folk, pop, and rock artists, being recorded by The Association, obscure British Rn'B band The Plebs, and eventually Led Zepplin and Quicksilver Messenger Service. Enjoy!!!"

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic