Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Rush Limbaugh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:45pm

So much for Biden's platitudes about unity, whatever that was supposed to even look like.

I don't think it's possible at this point.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

So much for Biden's platitudes about unity, whatever that was supposed to even look like. 

I don't think it's possible at this point.

So you're equating the negative (and truthful) comments about Limbaugh with a lack of unity?

That's kind of a narrow view of what unity could be like.

If the right-wing bomb throwers and insult hurlers would stop what they've been doing all these years, maybe we on the left would stop calling them what they are.

Unity. Thumbs Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:07pm

Yes, the deplorables and the clingers and the knuckle-draggers need to stop hurling insults at the leftist snowflakes, thugs and Commies.

See how that works?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:21pm
Listen.... YOU GUYS are the ones with the all-star lineup of talk radio assholes who make their living slinging sh*t.

Limbaugh, Ann CouIter, Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Michelle Malkin, Neal Boortz, to name the major ones.

Then.... your legions of loyal listeners who populate social media including political forums, take the garbage they hear on those programs and parrot it verbatim.

Our side tries to keep up but it's like bailing out a leaky boat with a tea spoon.

Stop trying to claim some kind of false equivalence because there is no comparison to the vituperative bile that has been coming out of the right like water from a fire hydrant ever since Limbaugh started becoming famous.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:31pm

We don't burn down cities.

But c'mon, Jimbo. Even in our political fights here, you're the one spewing bile and calling names. Just look at your above post.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:54pm

We don't burn down cities.

We don't "burn down cities" either.

Name one city that was "burned down".

And prove it was politically left-leaning Democrats who committed any cases of arson whatsoever.

Prove it wasn't some right-wing domestic terrorist organization bent on making the peaceful protesters look bad.

Don't bother, because I knw you can't. Ergo, your accusations are hollow and empty.

But c'mon, Jimbo. Even in our political fights here, you're the one spewing bile and calling names.

Yes, we're all aware of the standard r/w tactics you all engage in during political disagreements.

Make all kinds of wild, absurd, nonsensical allegations while stretching, bending, twisting and exaggerating the truth out of proportion until it's ready to snap.

Like "burned down cities" for example. Ermm

Then when someone from the left has had enough of it and uses a bit of sarcasm in response, start crying foul and playing the innocent, injured victim.

Ho-hum.

Just look at your above post.

What about it?

I said nothing negative about you.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:14pm

Here's Minneapolis:

From the NY times:

A high-tech factory was set ablaze. Residents called 911 desperate for help, but dispatchers were overwhelmed. Over three nights, a five-mile stretch of Minneapolis sustained extraordinary damage. The police precinct house itself was set on fire, after the mayor gave orders to evacuate the building.Jul 4, 2020

From bizjournal.com re Minneapolis:

Nearly 1,500 businesses were heavily damaged in the riots, and many were completely destroyed, forcing owners to clear the site before rebuilding.

From the Foundation for Economic Education re George Floyd riots:

Dozens of people were killed or injured in the violent unrest, and thousands of businesses and properties, many minority-owned, were looted, torched, or otherwise vandalized. Only now are we beginning to realize the full cost of the destruction. New reporting from Axios reveals that the total insured property losses incurred during the George Floyd riots will come in at $1 billion to $2 billion.

The article goes on to explain why $2 billion is a gross underestimation (that's just what insurance companies will cover).

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

[QUOTE=Thor]Just look at your above post.

What about it?

I didn't say you said anything about me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:20pm
This is also Minneapolis.....

Doesn't look "burned down" to me at all.

And you still haven't proven who exactly it was who set the fires.

So, once again.....

LOL

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:22pm

[QUOTE=Thor]Just look at your above post.

What about it?

I didn't say you said anything about me.

So then what was your point?

Think back on all the similar stuff you've said about well known pundits and politicos on the left.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:42pm

This is also Minneapolis.....

Doesn't look "burned down" to me at all.

And you still haven't proven who exactly it was who set the fires.

So, once again.....

LOL

Those are your arguments??   

That's like saying you haven't f*cked the sh*t out of anyone if no actual sh*t came out.

And whoever did it, the leftwing media had little problem with it, as if they kinda supported it maybe just a little. 'Cuz, you know, the protests were all "mostly peaceful".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:48pm

Those are your arguments??   

That's like saying you haven't f*cked the sh*t out of anyone if no actual sh*t came out. 

Hey.... you said I spew bile and engage in  name calling.

I said that you engage in truth stretching and exaggeration.

I merely showed you an example of it. Thumbs Up

And you still have not provided any clear evidence of who actually torched those buildings.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:49pm

Think back on all the similar stuff you've said about well known pundits and politicos on the left.

I generally don't use so much emotion- based language. I don't really need to.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:57pm

And you still have not provided any clear evidence of who actually torched those buildings.

Okay, these ones burned down the Minneapolis police station. We know at least one of them is not a white supremacist.

free photo uploading websites

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 11:10pm

Okay, these ones burned down the Minneapolis police station. We know at least one of them is not a white supremacist.

OK.

That's one building.

Didn't you post that there were some 1,500 buildings damaged or destroyed?

So, you've only got 1,499 to go.

Good luck with that!!!!! Thumbs Up

LOL

C'mon, man!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:42pm

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I wonder if all the liberals are drunk on champagne because Rush is gone?

Nah.

He wasn't worth the effort or the waste of good champagne.

Then...would the liberals be drunk on Miller High Life?

Well...I did drink MHL when my brother's ex died only because she screwed us over in life...and herself as well.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:09pm

Nah.

Well...I did drink MHL when my brother's ex died only because she screwed us over in life...and herself as well.

I have no idea, MrConservative. 

I suppose you'd have to ask each liberal in the country individually.

And while you're at it, ask each conservative in the country if they celebrated the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by getting drunk on champagne or MHL.

Because on the political boards I frequent, they seemed very happy about it.

C'mon, man!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 7:59pm

Nah.

I have no idea, MrConservative. 

I suppose you'd have to ask each liberal in the country individually.

And while you're at it, ask each conservative in the country if they celebrated the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by getting drunk on champagne or MHL.

Because on the political boards I frequent, they seemed very happy about it.

I didn't bad-mouth RBG and I do think the line on Animaniacs when the Warners were afraid Rush Limbaugh was going to eat them...and that was when he was fat.

I'm NOT Conservative (I voted for "Do Nothing" Biden) nor Liberal...I like things in moderation.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic