Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Flo: racist! (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive Flo: racist! (video)
    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 3:32am

Those two were made for each other...man of color, woman of...um, no-color(?). Flo obstructed the love connection! Progressive must remove this bigoted, racist commercial!
Sponsored Links

TedStryker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedStryker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 5:32am
Flo needs to be given a dirty sanchez...
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 2:24pm
or a RUSTY TROMBONE

but even flow should be spared the steamers-cleveland OR boston

FLOW!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
bjoh249 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 6:19am
Are you serious??
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 7:26pm
Lake tittycaca?
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 7:27pm
drunken Pirate 

oh good here it goes
we are the music makers
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:21am
Originally posted by bjoh249 bjoh249 wrote:

Are you serious??

Since it usually diminishes the effect of sarcasm to say "That was sarcasm," I'll just leave it at that. Ermm
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 5:35pm
is she cockblocking 

is she saving the preteen from the lusty grip of a perpetrator

is she racist 

whats the message here 

Any body? 
we are the music makers
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 5:46pm
I don't see anything racist about this commercial.  Just the cute girl in bibbed overalls with perky tits? 

She just wants some big black bone!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 7:53pm
If this commercial is bigoted...it's bigotry toward people who want a love-life.

Flo is a word that is a word that's punishable by death toward women!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

whats the message here 

HA-- a message--from a FLO AD
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I don't see anything racist about this commercial.  Just the cute girl in bibbed overalls with perky tits? 

I was apparently TOO subtle with my humor when I posted this video. I even added a LOL emoji to the title. I was kidding...you know, all kinds of innocent words and actions these days are misinterpreted as racist, when they're clearly not.

I just thought it was a different, humorous take on the "elephant in the room" (Flo) in the commercial's scene (cock-blocking). The scene portrays Flo as inadvertently, accidentally, not-realizingly(?) getting in the way of the romance between the two kids...and I extended the "joke" to portray Flo as a racist who was deliberately standing in the way of an inter-racial romance. Oh well.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:30pm
Have you ever wondered what the net worth of Flo from Progressive is? Well, her real name isn't Flo. It is Stephanie Courtney, and she is a New York native comedian and actress who has a net worth of $6 million dollars
we are the music makers
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:27pm
GOD BLESS AMERICA

6 mil? AYE YI YIIII

like do ppl actually BELIEVE her name ..in real life-is FLO?

seen her on House ( playing a MOM) and more on Madmen first season
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

I was apparently TOO subtle with my humor when I posted this video. I even added a LOL emoji to the title. I was kidding...you know, all kinds of innocent words and actions these days are misinterpreted as racist, when they're clearly not.

I just thought it was a different, humorous take on the "elephant in the room" (Flo) in the commercial's scene (cock-blocking). The scene portrays Flo as inadvertently, accidentally, not-realizingly(?) getting in the way of the romance between the two kids...and I extended the "joke" to portray Flo as a racist who was deliberately standing in the way of an inter-racial romance. Oh well.

Oh we got it ... and it was very funny i might add
we are the music makers
TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:35am

Have you ever wondered what the net worth of Flo from Progressive is? Well, her real name isn't Flo. It is Stephanie Courtney, and she is a New York native comedian and actress who has a net worth of $6 million

not the best at math.... does she make $60 per commercial she's "stared" in or is it $600🤔
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 4:15am

I don't care who loves who and what color they are - i am just SICK of it being forced on me as if it's something new.  Black and white couples in almost every commercial - sometimes they even look very uncomfortable.   Why is the ad agency ( and media in general ) forcing this  -  it also applies to white men and Indian women.   I don't get it.    It was the whole premise of "God Friended Me" for example.  Stop already.   The Willis's upstairs changed America back in the 1970s.  
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 4:43am
Originally posted by bjoh249 bjoh249 wrote:

Are you serious??

And don't call me Shirley.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 4:44am

Lake tittycaca?

Lake Titicaca, Nicaragua. 

They had a real big T.P. shortage back in the 90's I heard.

Must be having a hell of a time post-Covid.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 4:51am
These Flo commercials are all systemically racist (it sounds smarter when you put "systemically" in front of it) because they DARE have at least one cis white woman featured... sometimes when the whole cast of "employees" is featured, they have *gasp* MULTIPLE whites onscreen AT ONCE...................................................and none of them are even trans!  Oh sure, they stick the one token black guy in there but the diversity ratio is still way too skewed and makes me want a safe space, a coloring book, some glitter, and a puppy.  
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 5:21am
Quote ...and none of them are even trans!

Some have had suspicions about Jamie (but then there are lots of questions about Jamie...)

Quote some glitter

Stay away from glitter. It makes an effing mess, and you'll never get it completely cleaned up...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 5:38am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Stay away from glitter. It makes an effing mess, and you'll never get it completely cleaned up...

It's course.... and it's rough.... and it's irritating.....and it gets everywhere.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 8:02pm
THIS JUST IN FROM ADWEEK

Why is Flo not on Progressive commercials anymore?
According to a statement made by Progressive, which was reiterated on Adweek's website, their goal now is to connect with Millenials by showing the humanity of their company. They want to show that the company behind Flo is made up of ordinary, hard-working, and honest people.
we are the music makers
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:19am
Originally posted by drjimmy drjimmy wrote:

I don't care who loves who and what color they are - i am just SICK of it being forced on me as if it's something new.  Black and white couples in almost every commercial - sometimes they even look very uncomfortable.   Why is the ad agency ( and media in general ) forcing this  -  it also applies to white men and Indian women.   I don't get it.    It was the whole premise of "God Friended Me" for example.  Stop already.   The Willis's upstairs changed America back in the 1970s.  

Exactly. It's pandering, which is insulting. For fun, sometimes when I'm watching prime time TV, when the rare white male appears onscreen in a commercial, I shout "HEY, how'd he get in there!?" LOL
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:04am
All of them are brutal. I am seeing more and more of emotionless sociopath sign kid.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic