Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$1.97

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $1.97
    Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:06pm
Yay, gas fell below two dollars!!
I can now afford an oil change.

I seriously had my doubts about ever seeing this day again.
I may grab a squishy too!!
was feeling nostalgic
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:26pm
Just paid $1.59....Thumbs%20Up
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:50pm
I just put $20 worth into the 21 gallon tank of my 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus which was dead empty.  The price was $1.89 a gallon. It gave me 3/4 a tank of fuel. This car was manufactured during the gas embargo of the early 1970s which may explain the huge gas tank.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 9:18pm
well, I just stopped by to get my fill, it was down to $1.90.
$1.59?!?!?   jeezumcrow!
where do you live Saudi Arabia??
was feeling nostalgic
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 9:44pm
southwestern ohio...Kroger's knocks a dime off if you are a customer, sahib...Wink
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 10:10pm
Lucky you hooty, I live near Cleveland and I got some for $1.74 today. I'm pleased with that though, considering my tank is only 10 gallons and my tiny car gets good mileage.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 11:22pm
Cool, let's break out the Hummers the SUV's and the oversized pickups with empty beds!  Ermm
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 12:23am
Yeah, we never learn, do we...
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 7:36pm
1.79 yesterday here in Grand Island, NE.  HyVee also knocks off a few cents when you buy groceries and gas there.
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

I just put $20 worth into the 21 gallon tank of my 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus which was dead empty.  The price was $1.89 a gallon. It gave me 3/4 a tank of fuel. This car was manufactured during the gas embargo of the early 1970s which may explain the huge gas tank.

I had one of those! Tan with a butterscotch top and interior! 318 and a 2bbl.
Actually got pretty good mileage when it was running!

Miss that old "zinggggg zinggggg zinggggg" starter LOL
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 8:56pm
WOW - I was so happy to see gas at $2.34 last night. Under $2.00??? That's fantastic.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 2:46am
I saw it for $2.25 today at a 76 station in San Francisco.  
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 2:51am
Well, heck, I think I'll just go out and get a hummer! 

Oh, lower gas prices...oh, never mind...Wink
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 11:38pm
Now it's down to 1.75.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 11:45pm
$1.88 here.
Hummers ehhh?
Do you remember the commercial about the guy asking his wife for a hummer?
It was classic

was feeling nostalgic
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 12:32am
We just filled the 'Blackillac' at $2.54/gallon, up here in the Great White Wilderness!!!Clap
If THIS keeps up, then our trip to the North Pole via the Ice Roads @ 80 MPH, to see my Cousin in his ol' furry red suit...is back ON!!! Big%20smile
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 12:38am
Hey Pa,

Put in a good word for me will ya?  Big%20smile
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 12:39am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

...about the guy asking his wife for a 'hummer'?
It was a classic.

You couldn't be more correct.
Think that was some time ago...before real men realized they were not require to ASK.LOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 12:50am
I was always told, if I had to ask for it, then.....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I was always told, if I had to ask for it, then.....
Ya know...I THINK you JUST stumbled on the very reason/translation for the 'Ghetto Civilization's' word, "SHORTY".
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 2:52am
I have mixed feelings about the price of gas going back low again.  Seems that while the price was high, people started making smarter decisions about driving fuel efficient vehicles.  Now that the scare is over, I'm afraid people are just going to go right back to old habits.  We need to conserve fuel whether the price of gas is high or low.

My truck gets 12mpg because it's loaded with work stuff.  So when my wife and I go out together we take the car.  The car isn't as nice as the truck.  It's a Corolla, and as Nathan once noted, it's extremely loud, LOL but it gets 35mpg or better.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic