Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1000lb Sisters- Promo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 8:58am
Ah, the hoarder shows. I've occasionally watched both the A&E and the TLC show. For some I don't feel sorry for the filthy disgusting piles of food containers, Pepsi cans, feces and mummified rats they continue to throw around in their homes. For others, especially those that have massive antique collections or comic books or vintage toys...it really is hard to convince some of these people to downsize, just imagine the VALUE of their antique collection! How about six to seven figures? And for some, they hoard because they have PTSD or horrible memories from earlier in their lives. There was a Hoarding: Buried Alive episode once where a woman began hoarding after her ex-boyfriend raped her and slit her throat...she nearly died. Another Hoarders episode where a woman saw her father's fatal heart attack as a child and suffered PTSD from that...she too became a compulsive hoarder. Some of those stories are very sad.

There was one episode I remember vividly of 'Hoarders'. A woman named Beverly from Kansas...who recorded TV around the clock and had thousands of VHS tapes laying around her house and tubs outside. And apparently she had started recording in the early-mid '80s. I can't imagine some of the rare stuff they ended up throwing out. Game shows, football games, concerts, who knows?
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:53am

In one episode, appraisers were brought in to look at a hoarder's various collections. While they couldn't physically get to a lot of stuff that looked valuable to them, they did find one small painting worth $20,000.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:57am

I guess you could say I "hoard" emails. Except for spam, I have all my emails going back about 22 years. I don't trip over them, though, and I've yet to find a dead rat underneath them. So, all's OK.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 4:00pm
who doesn't like a dead rat now and then?

or perhaps some larvae?

While I cant remember any of the specifics of the show I do become glued to them in fascination.

especially when they get to the roach filled pizza boxes and the stuffed animals and beanie baby 

collections. And then watching them become hysterical as people dump all there useless sh*t. 

Notice how the GOT JUNK trucks are now front and center... how do they find these people.

These people get paid very little for this voyeurism. Im sure there have to be some obese fetishists

out there that love the 1000 sister show. stick that in your pipe and smoke it!    

we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I guess you could say I "hoard" emails. Except for spam, I have all my emails going back about 22 years. I don't trip over them, though, and I've yet to find a dead rat underneath them. So, all's OK.

Maybe you need to check again.....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 4:35pm

Hmmmmm...I thought my old emails were starting to smell.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

These people get paid very little for this voyeurism. Im sure there have to be some obese fetishists

Did you ever notice how so many of the hoarders seem to be hoarding fat cells, too?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 4:46pm
I've had several email addresses over the years. I got my first computer at Walmart in 1998.  800 some bucks, I think it was an HP. The browser (whatever)...OS was Windows 98. I've had my current email since 2005.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 5:21pm

Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

Did you ever notice how so many of the hoarders seem to be hoarding fat cells, too?

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked yes someone is out there "thumbing" it during these episodes WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

may be off topic but I can not unsee it 
we are the music makers
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 1:55am
I LOATHE hoarders of any kind. You couldn't pay me to sit and watch these shows and not be yelling at the TV MST3K-style for them to throw it all out. 
I want to tie them all up and make them watch someone drive a bulldozer through their junk or just burn the place down. Nothing of value was lost. 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 9:13pm
There was another episode of Hoarders where the woman had dead cats in her fridge and 50+ cats in her house. Holy s--t!! 
That's the woman who watched her father die of a heart attack when she was younger. Tragic story but yet getting away with animal abuse.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

There was another episode of Hoarders where the woman had dead cats in her fridge and 50+ cats in her house. Holy s--t!! 
That's the woman who watched her father die of a heart attack when she was younger. Tragic story but yet getting away with animal abuse.

I always wonder how the psychologists in those shows would ever even think of specializing

in that sort of work... It reminds me of "life coaching"  how the f**k does one become 

a life coach ?  Shocked 
we are the music makers
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

I saw that one and another one where a man had like 50 rats. These people must have no life.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:45am
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

I saw that one and another one where a man had like 50 rats. These people must have no life.

There was that one with the guy who had thousands of rats in his house. He loved them. I think he ended up keeping a few.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 5:10pm

There was that one with the guy who had thousands of rats in his house. He loved them. I think he ended up keeping a few.

well in China that would be a free meal ticket 

at least he wasn't "stashing" gerbils 

Gerbilling, also known as gerbil stuffing or gerbil shooting, is an unsubstantiated sexual practice of inserting small live animals (usually gerbils but also micehamstersrats and various other rodents) into the human rectum to obtain stimulation. Some variations of reports suggest that the rodent be covered in a psychoactive substance such as cocaine prior to being inserted

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
we are the music makers
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 6:26pm
🤢🤢🤢 TRASH TV.
TLC always meant "The Learning Channel" to me...for decades. Of course I realized they changed into the reality TV epidemic slop a long long time ago. 

The Channel "redefined what it stands for and embraced the well-known colloquial phrase "tender loving care" in a bid to connect its heartwarming programming with viewers in a more emotional fashion."

Oh STFU!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:12am
Look! It's actual Learning Channel stuff, from nearly 26 years ago. In this break is a promo for a program on the gold rush and a Walter Cronkite documentary on the growing problem of traffic jams. Is My 600 Lb Life promoted in this...oh hell no.
There was a time even earlier where The Learning Channel was airing reruns of Sewing with Nancy from PBS, along with the GED programs. I found multiple episodes in a blank VHS lot a few years back from eBay.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:58pm

I remember him crying throughout as they were like the love of his life after his wife passed.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

🤢🤢🤢 TRASH TV.
TLC always meant "The Learning Channel" to me...for decades. Of course I realized they changed into the reality TV epidemic slop a long long time ago. 

The Channel "redefined what it stands for and embraced the well-known colloquial phrase "tender loving care" in a bid to connect its heartwarming programming with viewers in a more emotional fashion."

Oh STFU!

Tender Loving Care is what TLC typically means.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:42am
Part of being woke, a hipster, a PC anal retentive....embrace pan sexualism, critter on critter lovin, and, yes, THE WORLD OF PLUMPERS!
I approve this message.
Mista_ecks313 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mista_ecks313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:27am
TLC used to stand for "The Learning Channel". Now it seems that TLC stands for "Televisionabout Large Chicks.

Damn shame.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Mista_ecks313 Mista_ecks313 wrote:

TLC used to stand for "The Learning Channel". Now it seems that TLC stands for "Televisionabout Large Chicks.

Damn shame.

That sounds about right.
Imuteloudnoises View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imuteloudnoises Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 12:24am
I refuse to watch such stupidly that pays these people to live on. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic