Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grubhub - Just stop it!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grubhub - Just stop it!!!
    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 8:01pm

Okay, first is the music. That ear piercing flute, piccalo, whatever TF it is. STOP!!!!

Second, this new generation of animation is, to me, like a visual version of fingernails on a blackboard. I don't know what the proper name for it is, but I call it Pixar-mation since I think they first developed it.

Third, it's on ALL the time!!! I watch a lt of CNN during the day to stay informed. This piece of audio visual trash is on in EVERY commercial break!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 4:19am
Good god, I thought I was the only person to absolutely HATE this style of animation.    The big heads with big eyes and big feet...I just can't stand it. 
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 4:41pm
That flute is annoying, and usually the instrument is beautiful to listen too.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 5:02pm
its defiantly PIXAResque  

I find nothing amusing or charming about it 

The whole Idea of Grub Hub sucks anyway 

another bold idea that got lots of traction and investment but is basically empty 

I would be surprised if they are profitable  
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 5:49pm
Re: the animation.... at least they rendered the people as overweight, fatsos which is what most Americans are nowadays because of how they live on a diet of the kind of crappy, fatty, high calorie, sodium and cholesterol laden junk food that Grubhub delivers to them.

Not to mention the fact that they are too lazy to even get in the car and go pick it up themselves thanks to food delivery services like Grubhub.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 5:55pm
It astonishes me how fat the kids are these days 

Im 50 now but I dont remember kids being so fat when I went to school
back in the 70's and 80's 

am I wrong on this or does it seem like the nation is f**king fat as hell now 

honey booboo got the best of us i suppose...

how did this happen in one generation .... 
we are the music makers
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

Fast food was not as ubiquitous as it is today.

When I was a kid in the 70's, there was basically McDonald's, Burger King, KFC and Pizza Hut.

Wendy's didn't arrive where I lived until the late 70's when I was 20 y/o. There was one Taco Bell in the entire county and it was a long drive from my part of town so I never went there. Popeye's was non-existent around there.

And that's not to mention all the new kinds of frozen junk, ice cream treats and fatty, salty bagged snack crap they sell in the grocery stores.

We are inundated with tasty unhealthy food choices and big screen, high-def TV's with 24/7 cable programming, streaming services and video games all of which can be accessed on pocket-sized phones.

Why should any young person get up off their asses and move around anymore?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:12pm
yes you are absolutely correct 

why should the little slugs even bother moving around at all 

they should have little hamster feeders in their rooms 

no wonder people are getting gender confused 

they are so fat they cannot tell if they have cocks or not  
we are the music makers
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:58am

A few years back, I watched the movie Woodstock and noticed the near total absence of fat young people. I thought Woodstock contained a large-enough sampling of young people that age to conclude that obesity among young people (at least white east coast ones) is a new thing and not a fig newton of my oreo.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 3:05pm
If Woodstock happened today there would be concession stands selling every kind of junk food imaginable, that you could pay for with an app on your smartphone.

Grubhub and Doordash would have delivery people there who would bring it right to your blanket. 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:18am

Doubtlessly. And a small bottle of water would be $3.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 4:25pm
cockless slugs... all of them
we are the music makers
Trespatines View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trespatines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:51pm
I didn't even know this site existed, but that f**king commercial pisses me off so much!!! What is this supposed to be? That animation is awful! It's not charming! Why are they all ethnic weird and dancing to Arabic flutes and just like just being overly ethnic? I'm ethnic but what the f**k! Stop! Who made this? Who made this goddamn commercial? The curly haired boy at the end must die. The fat headed douche with glasses is so annoying. Do you realize this is what Grubhub thinks of us? They think we look like this and we're like this. They think this is what we want. THEY DID THIS FOR YOU!
TommyPicklesFan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TommyPicklesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:18pm
I hate this commercial. There's a reason nobody in family uses Grubhub. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub82Xb1C8os
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Trespatines Trespatines wrote:

I didn't even know this site existed, but that f**king commercial pisses me off so much!!! What is this supposed to be? That animation is awful! It's not charming! Why are they all ethnic weird and dancing to Arabic flutes and just like just being overly ethnic? I'm ethnic but what the f**k! Stop! Who made this? Who made this goddamn commercial? The curly haired boy at the end must die. The fat headed douche with glasses is so annoying. Do you realize this is what Grubhub thinks of us? They think we look like this and we're like this. They think this is what we want. THEY DID THIS FOR YOU!

welcome to the forum!

next up 

the grubhub trans women of color holiday  battle of the bulge BURKINI  calander
we are the music makers
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:27am
Siri, what is the name of this awesome tune.
...... "here's what I found."

*F- you Siri.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Siri, what is the name of this awesome tune.
...... "here's what I found."

*F- you Siri.

The comments say it all.

I don't doubt that the views have increased by a lot since the Grubhub commercial first aired.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

When I was a kid in the 70's, there was basically McDonald's, Burger King, KFC and Pizza Hut.

Wendy's didn't arrive where I lived until the late 70's when I was 20 y/o. There was one Taco Bell in the entire county and it was a long drive from my part of town so I never went there. Popeye's was non-existent around there.

And that's not to mention all the new kinds of frozen junk, ice cream treats and fatty, salty bagged snack crap they sell in the grocery stores.

We are inundated with tasty unhealthy food choices and big screen, high-def TV's with 24/7 cable programming, streaming services and video games all of which can be accessed on pocket-sized phones.

Why should any young person get up off their asses and move around anymore?

When I was a kid, there was no McDonald's outside of the original one in California. Sodas were not all you could drink and generally were 6 or 8 ounces. Plates and portions were smaller. High fructose corn syrup and chemically derived addictive scents and flavors had not been developed. We had no video games, so we were out on the street playing everything from tag to running bases to whiffle ball to touch football until it was dark. OK, I'll stop sounding like the boomer that I am. 

The thing I most hate about this ad is the belly dance.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:10am
Okay boys and girls, this monstrosity is making the rounds again.
When I originally posted it was the music that drove me nuts. SO, as an experiment, I just muted it when it came on. IMHO, it's also the animation that sucks dead donkey d**k.
TommyPicklesFan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TommyPicklesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:02am
This usually shows up on my TV too. I mute it and just look away until the next commercial comes on because the animation AND the music is horrible. Whoever thought this peice of B.S. would be a good commercial should be fired and never be allowed to see the light of day again. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub82Xb1C8os
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Okay boys and girls, this monstrosity is making the rounds again.
When I originally posted it was the music that drove me nuts. SO, as an experiment, I just muted it when it came on. IMHO, it's also the animation that sucks dead donkey d**k.

DEAD DONKEYS DONT GET HARD 

so thats really gonna "suck"
we are the music makers
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 2:08am
I am so glad this trashy ad was posted. I detest everything about it, from the annoying muzak, to the wretched animation. I also detest the lazy slugs who use GrubHub-DealDash-InstaCart or any of those services for the terminally lazy people.
One man gathers what another man spills
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I am so glad this trashy ad was posted. I detest everything about it, from the annoying muzak, to the wretched animation. I also detest the lazy slugs who use GrubHub-DealDash-InstaCart or any of those services for the terminally lazy people.

Jimmy, I can't believe I am offering any defense for them, but myself, I have no car and it's a hell of a hike to "fast food alley" so I use them once or twice a month. The concept is a reasonably good one, especially during the pandemic.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 4:44am

Not really that "fast" back then. We went to a McD's in VA in the early 70's and it took nearly a half hour to get our order.  My mom wasn't too happy with the wait, so we never went to a McD's for another 8 years (when we got back from overseas. The one in CA had much faster service...  )
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 4:43pm
I'm not sure what's worse about the commercial, the hideous animation or the hideous music.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic