Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Navy - Xmas (RuPaul)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Navy - Xmas (RuPaul)
    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 12:42am
...My God, the nightmare is starting! Already saw it twice tonight.
Can they at least wait until the campaign commercials are over next Tues for f-- sakes! Angry

*Note - 58 Days until Xmas.
Honestly after this year..which is still churning on like endless horrific gas pains, I do not care about the f'ing holidays.

Sponsored Links

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 2:03pm
Remember, once upon a time, they didn't start until Thanksgiving?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 2:06pm
this is a SUPER worried set of retailers--the store traffic has to be the lowest ever BUT it still is awful this early
i am okay with RuPaul as he has been doing this schtick for A LONG time and actually can pick and choose his gender (obviously)...but it plays into New Navys Old Normal (gayish but not TOO queer to scare families/cheapo bargain hunters away) too transparently
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Yeah...Seems like a lifetime ago! I was excited about Xmas when T'Giving came, decorations around town would go up after that. Now, I am beyond sick of Xmas by the end of the first week of Nov. It's so in your face now...the constant commercials. (BY the way, Target commercial, it's not "Black Friday sales" this year...it's Black Friday MONTH starting now.

Santa at the Malls by Nov 5 (around here at least- AND will be in a plexiglass box this year), it really is nauseating, beyond annoying. 

I did see this coming though (not rocket science) with the virus screwing everything up, many stores on T'Giving will not open (which in a normal year, I'm fine with that!) Economy struggling...they have to push Xmas sales earlier. But cases really kicking in again in the US...this will only get worse in the next few weeks, months, it may be a very ugly Xmas season when it comes to sales,

Online shopping, Amazon will score big again.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:46pm

Walmart isn't having their big Thanksgiving day "event" this year. They're spinning it to make it sound like they want their employees to be able to spend the day with family, when it's really because they can't have a thousand people jamming the store and turning it into Covid Central. That'd be bad public relations.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Remember once upon a time when Christmas wasn't associated with transgenderism and set to sh*tty ghetto music?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:56pm
^ Amen!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 9:11pm
um
Remember once upon a time when EVERYTHING wasn't associated with transgenderism and set to sh*tty ghetto music?
Yes
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

...My God, the nightmare is starting! Already saw it twice tonight.
Can they at least wait until the campaign commercials are over next Tues for f-- sakes! Angry

*Note - 58 Days until Xmas.
Honestly after this year..which is still churning on like endless horrific gas pains, I do not care about the f'ing holidays.

Couidn't have said it better. I too hate the *$%z holidays and 2020 aucks big time. The too long holiday season...2020 being a pain in the ass till the end. Nothing stos the holidays in "Merica." Even Covid 19!

I approve this message.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:14pm
OLD GAYVEY
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:45pm
and of course, who could forget that Village People classic "In Old Navy"?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 7:42pm
Yesterday The Village People, Today Ru Paul. What's next for tomorrow? LETS dance, prance and rap...Old Gayvy/Troll Navy etc features pants that look molded to your thighs and legs but there's room for that 1 way path for gerbils. These little rodent critters are exempt from social distancing!
I approve this message.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 11:06pm
Its all TRANS WOMEN OF COLOR 
get used to it peeps!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 11:47pm
No, I don't have to get use to it.  I can avoid any product being hyped by a dancing He-She screaming and dancing all over the commercial.  
If more people felt this way, the ad makers would take notice.
There's a sucker born every minute.
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 12:31am
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

Its all TRANS WOMEN OF COLOR 
get used to it peeps!

AKA black chick's with dicks... I'll pass on "getting used" to it...
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 3:47pm
sorry guys 
It all Mexican Muslim Mixed Genders from here on out! 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 4:51am
Is there some sort of law that drag queens all must have huge wigs and make a toothy grimace when smiling?
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Is there some sort of law that drag queens all must have huge wigs and make a toothy grimace when smiling?

I believe its in their union contract/bylaws.Look for big Mr. Potato style bobble heads with skinny bodies a la the Best Barf holiday add campaign.
I approve this message.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

No, I don't have to get use to it.  I can avoid any product being hyped by a dancing He-She screaming and dancing all over the commercial.  
If more people felt this way, the ad makers would take notice.

well EXACTLY..does the general public truly YEARN to be gay? I have no beef with any transgression against the standard which DOES tend to perpetuate our diseased species, but when any & ALL get on their SOAPBOX and blurt out slogans OR QUEEN it up excessively i tune out
also this applies to all the racism and junk..the squawking does NOT help any cause-just BE YOU
quietly
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 4:54pm
The new abnormal
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic