Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glade
    Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 2:08am

I guess I'm particularly angered by commercials again tonight, because here I go again.  Has anyone seen the latest Glade atrocity where the stupid woman, who is usually trying to pretend she spends entirely too much on candles (because apparently her friends are extremely pretentious), is trying to pretend that she just baked fresh gingerbread cookies by setting out a plate of FAKE gingerbread cookies and then lighting a Glade candle with that scent.  The friends come over and say "Mmmmm, those cookies smell delicious!" (because of course she would never run into trouble when they asked to EAT SOME) and the COOKIE lifts up his head and starts selling her out about the candle.

Words cannot express how aggravating these commercials are.  How has the entire Glade advertising team not been fired, then taken outside and beaten? 
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
Sponsored Links

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 2:17am

There's a second version of that gingerbeheaded commercial where the Glady goes into the other room to package up some of those stinking candles to dole out to her idiot friends as presents.

Of course that throws a wrench into her cleverly crafted plan to keep her friends from discovering the secret to her smell.

As you all know Glade candles are infused with "essential oils". Essential to what I don't know, but there we are.

There's something of an "anti-Glade" commercial this season for Kmart where a woman's goofy friends are fawning over the Christmas (sometimes known in adland as "Holiday") tree.
They bang on and on about how much she must have spent and then the woman comes up and says, "Nope! I got it all on the cheap at Kmart!" Or words to that effect.

The funny thing is that lately the Glade spots and Kmart spots have been running back to back. But I'm sorry, that isn't going to maintain the equilibrium in the world of television.
MorganFreeman View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorganFreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 2:27am
What's with the trend of ads where people compulsively lie to their friends about things that are completely inconsequential? Does anyone really have friends so uppity they're this critical of other people's buying decisions?

Well, if anyone can find the Glade advertising team or the twits in these commercials, please spit on them for making me cringe 4-5 times a night with their horrid, horrid commercials.
You owe the companies nothing. You don't owe them any courtesy. They have rearranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked your permission, don't even start asking for theirs.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 2:45am
Well, all I know is that I miss my dog.

If I farted, and someone came to the door, I blamed it on the dog.

Now, I have to improvise.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 4:30am
The Kaymart ad irritates me in the opposite way.   First off, that Kaymart in my area is a hole, well the only one that is still open.   We used to have a nice Super K store out in Fairlawn, but that closed a few years back.   Also there were two others in towns around Akron, both closed.   Now there's only one old one left that has had minor face lifts done on it, it's not nice like the background in the commercial.   And everything there is pretty crappy.   
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 1:44am
Yeah our only K Mart sucks too.  I haven't seen the K Mart version, but now that I've said that I'm sure I will see it five times a day for the next year....

I also haven't seen the extended (torturous) version of the Glade commercial, but I'm sure the same applies here.  Unbelievable that these ads are still on the air.
kat621 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 2:44am
I like the Christmas commercial where she bites the gingerbread cookie.  Slightly demented, but funny.  I can't stand her in the other Glade commercials,  there's something about her face that I can't stand.  She is also in that CBS.com web story that they keep advertising for.LOL
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 3:01am
That's what I thought.  Why is Glade Bitch trying so hard to deny it's a Glade candle?   And why are her "friends" so catty?

I want to see the extended version of this.  Here it goes:

The commercial runs like normal, except it doesn't end in 30 some seconds.
Scene: After Glade Bitch has the Glade sticker pulled off her ass, she continues denying it.

>>>>GB: It's not a Glade candle.  I swear.   I paid $15 for it at the mall.
>>Catty Friend: Then why is there a Glade sticker on your caboose?
>>>>GB: Uhh, Umm, I was over in the bad part of town today taking canned food to the homeless shelter.  While I was there, I stopped off to use the little girls room.  I guess hookers must use that bathroom as their "office" and one of their Glade stickers was left on the wall and it got stuck to me.
>>CF: Really?   That's ridiculous.   Just admit you bought a Glade candle.
>>>>GB: (turns demonic) NEVER!!! Glade candles are for cheap people and sinners who sell the bodies and sex for money.   I'd never do that.   I go to church and I voted for McCain!!!
>>CF: (rolls eyes) Whatever!!
>>>>GB: You MUST believe me!!
     (just then, the doorbell rings, GB answers door, the ladies overhear)
>>>Scuzzy Crackhead At Door: Wazzzzup  Glade Lady!!
>>>>GB: Who are you?
>>>CH: Don't play games, you know who I am.  Besides, save the games for when you're on the clock.
>>Friends: What's going on?
>>>>GB: Nothing!!
(friends walk over to door)
>>>CH: I'm here for my three o'clock.   Glade Lady's the best hooker on this side of town!!
>>Friends: Really.
>>>>GB: Allllright, you got me!!   I DO use Glade.   I AM one of "those people".
>>Friends: laugh
>>>>GB: Now get out of here.  I gotta service my client.   Good thing I wrote down that phone number from the Genital Herpes ad.
ALL: laugh! 

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2008 at 2:17am
Has anyone noticed the woman trying to hide the fact that it's a Glade candle is dressed nicely and her mates look like a bunch of ratbags?

I also don't understand why Glade would promote their very good products in this fashion.

I mean, what's so wrong about a Glade product? It's not as though it smells like a pile of dog poo, is it?

I HATE these bloody ads!
One man gathers what another man spills
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2008 at 8:10am
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHH!!!!!!!

I just saw the Glady for the tenth time today!!!

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2008 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHH!!!!!!!

I just saw the Glady for the tenth time today!!!

That's something else, does Glade sell literally millions of these things every day?
Or is the sticker price on a Glade candle about $6000?
How do they afford so many insertions on EVERY STINKING NETWORK ON TELEVISION????
It can't be like Vince and the ShamWow, because those are sold on a per-inquiry basis, but Glade has to buy time the old fashioned way, and unless Time Warner and NBC Universal sold them what we used to call "a dollar a holler", they have to either be selling wax like there's no tomorrow, or getting the deal of the century.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2008 at 6:58pm
Has anyone seen her in the Glade air freshener ad? Dad & kids leave for the day, then Glady sprays to room with Glade's "Fabreeze" knockoff then goes shopping, plays a game
of tennis, etc.
Dad & kids arrive home and the first thing they notice is how "clean" the house smells.  Well, here it is....

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2008 at 10:15pm
Two Things:

1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! There was an eHarmony ad right at the beginning of the Glady video.

2. I'm sure cleaning is that easy.   Talk about the world's laziest house frau.   Spray some "Clean Smell In A Can" and go play tennis.   Hey Glade Mom, why aren't you obsessively bleaching the toilet, cleaning the silverware in an autoclave and sterilizing the kids toys with ethylene oxide?? LOL   I guess Glady is the lazy mom on the TV commercial street!

And she looks alot like Brenda Strong.   Hmmmm.

Kelly1968 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 5:21am
Those Glade commercials really bug me!  There's something about the woman in the ads that makes me want to wring her neck!  The most annoying one is where she says to her family, "Mom has a lot to do.  Very busy!"  Her smile in that commercial is so phony and pretentious!  I just want to say to her, "Wipe that phony smile off your face before I wipe it off for you!"
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Kelly1968 Kelly1968 wrote:

Those Glade commercials really bug me!  There's something about the woman in the ads that makes me want to wring her neck!  The most annoying one is where she says to her family, "Mom has a lot to do.  Very busy!"  Her smile in that commercial is so phony and pretentious!  I just want to say to her, "Wipe that phony smile off your face before I wipe it off for you!"

It's almost as if she's channeling Marcial Cross as Bree VanDeKamp on Desperate Housewives with the "Perfect" house and family.   Everythings's clean and perfect and she smiles with a smug, snotty grin.  
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 3:20am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

That's what I thought.  Why is Glade Bitch trying so hard to deny it's a Glade candle?   And why are her "friends" so catty?

I want to see the extended version of this.  Here it goes:

The commercial runs like normal, except it doesn't end in 30 some seconds.
Scene: After Glade Bitch has the Glade sticker pulled off her ass, she continues denying it.

>>>>GB: It's not a Glade candle.  I swear.   I paid $15 for it at the mall.
>>Catty Friend: Then why is there a Glade sticker on your caboose?
>>>>GB: Uhh, Umm, I was over in the bad part of town today taking canned food to the homeless shelter.  While I was there, I stopped off to use the little girls room.  I guess hookers must use that bathroom as their "office" and one of their Glade stickers was left on the wall and it got stuck to me.
>>CF: Really?   That's ridiculous.   Just admit you bought a Glade candle.
>>>>GB: (turns demonic) NEVER!!! Glade candles are for cheap people and sinners who sell the bodies and sex for money.   I'd never do that.   I go to church and I voted for McCain!!!
>>CF: (rolls eyes) Whatever!!
>>>>GB: You MUST believe me!!
     (just then, the doorbell rings, GB answers door, the ladies overhear)
>>>Scuzzy Crackhead At Door: Wazzzzup  Glade Lady!!
>>>>GB: Who are you?
>>>CH: Don't play games, you know who I am.  Besides, save the games for when you're on the clock.
>>Friends: What's going on?
>>>>GB: Nothing!!
(friends walk over to door)
>>>CH: I'm here for my three o'clock.   Glade Lady's the best hooker on this side of town!!
>>Friends: Really.
>>>>GB: Allllright, you got me!!   I DO use Glade.   I AM one of "those people".
>>Friends: laugh
>>>>GB: Now get out of here.  I gotta service my client.   Good thing I wrote down that phone number from the Genital Herpes ad.
ALL: laugh! 

This wins best post ever.  AWESOME!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 2:58pm

YES!

I hate it because I come from the perspective of a mom who IS at home all day.  And yes - much as people don't believe it - mom DOES have a lot to do.  (Much of my volunteerism involves being online, so I get to stop over here to CIH frequently Thumbs%20Up).

But see, right there: we feel compelled to justify our role.  Glady using a commercial air-freshener to lie in this endeavor perpetuates that and is insulting.

If you'll excuse me, I must take a break, to actually clean my own house.  If I were to use a Glade product, I'd make no secret of that.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 9:29pm
Yea...um..I"m just about ready to kill this bitch.  Bootiquey. 
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Kelly1968 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 9:49pm
Normally, I don't have a problem with perky and smiley people, but the Glade lady gets on my nerves.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:26pm

Normally, I don't have a problem with perky and smiley people, but the Glade lady gets on my nerves.

Probably because there seems to be something sociopathic---seething rather than bubbly---beneath the "perky".  I can picture her in one of those Lifetime Television for Women movies where the perfect and doting mother poisons her own child just so she can get some attention for herself.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 11:06pm
That Glade Bitch lady has been doing commercials whoring for so many other products over the past several years I can't remember them all. I do know the first ad I ever saw her in was for Lean Cuisine back around the mid 1990's.

How can you believe a commercial spokesperson who has shilled for so many products? It's obvious she'll say whatever they pay her to.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Thor
<DIV>Probably because there seems to be something sociopathic---seething rather than bubbly---beneath the perky.  I can picture her in one of those Lifetime Television for Women movies where the perfect and doting mother poisons her own child just so she can get some attention for herself.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>[/QUOTE Thor
Probably because there seems to be something sociopathic---seething rather than bubbly---beneath the perky.  I can picture her in one of those Lifetime Television for Women movies where the perfect and doting mother poisons her own child just so she can get some attention for herself.

[/QUOTE wrote:

Coming this fall: "The Candle Killer" LOL

Coming this fall: "The Candle Killer" LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 11:36pm
If anyone is interested, her name is Dori May Kelly. Supposedly she was in a low budget 1991 horror film called "Winterbeast", but apparently denies it. I saw a clip & it didn't look like her.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If anyone is interested, her name is Dori May Kelly. Supposedly she was in a low budget 1991 horror film called "Winterbeast", but apparently denies it. I saw a clip & it didn't look like her.

Oh no!  I looked that movie up on IMDB, and this is what the plotline says:

In a wintery kind of town somewhere, people are being killed off by possessed totem poles.

LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 2:34am
Yeah, that just screams "low budget", does it not?

I don't even think something like that would rate "B" movie status.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic