Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leaf Filter unwatchable guy's face (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaf Filter unwatchable guy's face (video)
    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 3:33pm
I can't tell what exactly it is about our spokesman's (featuring Matt Kaulig...who??) face the creeps me out so much. Maybe he had lots of acne when he was younger (that's awful) because his facial skin looks all pock-marked and uneven...like the moon's surface. His weird, crocodile-like smile where his jaw seems unhinged? Creepy eyes? Frankenstein-like forehead? Heavy lisp? Is he 35 or 75 (with dyed hair)?, I can't tell. Maybe all the above? I get a little bit physically ill when these commercials play; I can't look at him for more than a second. I like how the iSpot page labels the video 'End Gutter Cleaning Forever.' Featuring Matt Kaulig. Wow, impressive, Matt!

And of course, the product (and all the other obscenely overpriced competitors like "Gutter Helmet," "Leaf Guard," "Gutter Guard," etc.) is crap (for how much you pay) and the actors are imbeciles. 

Having said all that....enjoy!

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:11pm

Hmmm...I Googled pics of him. No acne scars. I don't know what it is. He looks rubbery or something in his commercial. Not so, in still shots.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Hmmm...I Googled pics of him. No acne scars. I don't know what it is. He looks rubbery or something in his commercial. Not so, in still shots.

They probably use a lot of.....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You're a tough guy. I couldn't bring myself to google his pics. I was still queasy from posting these commercial videos.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:34pm

^ Well, one of my early fave websites was rotten.com, and I've been known to check out ratemyspew and Two Girls, One Cup...so my gross-out threshold is pretty high.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:25am
This ad - guy  drives me insane.

He reminds me of a John Cena rejected clone that went horrifically wrong. 
I call him "BrundleCena," kinda like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. 

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

I can't tell what exactly it is about our spokesman's (featuring Matt Kaulig...who??) face the creeps me out so much. Maybe he had lots of acne when he was younger (that's awful) because his facial skin looks all pock-marked and uneven...like the moon's surface. His weird, crocodile-like smile where his jaw seems unhinged? Creepy eyes? Frankenstein-like forehead? Heavy lisp? Is he 35 or 75 (with dyed hair)?, I can't tell. Maybe all the above? I get a little bit physically ill when these commercials play; I can't look at him for more than a second. I like how the iSpot page labels the video 'End Gutter Cleaning Forever.' Featuring Matt Kaulig. Wow, impressive, Matt!

So, are you saying he looks like he was cleaned out of a gutter...?  LOL
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:54am
That's a familiar name to me. But more familiar is the Leaf Guard system and Ron Sherman's commercials that run constantly on Seattle stations (at least before COVID-19). I get KOMO and KING on partial feeds here in Ellensburg and Ron still does commercials during the local news, like this one:

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

So, are you saying he looks like he was cleaned out of a gutter...?  LOL

Yes, you could say I'm saying that! Big smile
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

That's a familiar name to me. But more familiar is the Leaf Guard system and Ron Sherman's commercials that run constantly on Seattle stations (at least before COVID-19). I get KOMO and KING on partial feeds here in Ellensburg and Ron still does commercials during the local news, like this one:

Oh, he's familiar here on the east coast, too. Smooth talker, sleepy eyes, perfect for luring in unsuspecting senior citizens and morons. "Sleepy Ron" perhaps? Quite a different approach than "Creepy Matt" Kaulig.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

Oh, he's familiar here on the east coast, too. Smooth talker, sleepy eyes, perfect for luring in unsuspecting senior citizens and morons. "Sleepy Ron" perhaps? Quite a different approach than "Creepy Matt" Kaulig.
I can't stand that guy! He is all over the TV set all of the time.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 5:05pm
I have never seen that guy before.

Thumbs Up  Clap 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:41pm

Where I live in Toledo Ohio, the local stations here air ads for Erie Metal Roofs. They're also produced by Ron Sherman, but instead use a spokesman named John Lee. Lee is very similar to Sherman, except slightly more energetic. Both remind me of old-school game show hosts. I did see those Leaf Guard ads about 2 years ago for a few months, but then they stopped airing.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:41pm
I know I'm a month late on this, but I saw that commercial today and I thought "What's wrong with that dudes face?". 

Also the commercial is stupid. It might be a decent product but the commercial is ridiculous. 

Weird Face: Who uses ladders to clean their gutters?

ME: Everyone, you goon! Do you see a 15 foot tall MFer in here?

Girl to dad (when he says he in fact uses a ladder): Dad I told you THAT’S DANGEROUS.

Weird Face: Using ladders IS dangerous.

ME: Are you kidding me? Sure sometimes accidents happen but its not like there’s been a rash of ladder deaths or something. Why don’t you just say “Don’t you hate cleaning gutters”. Because I hate that more than I do using a ladder.

Sorry…I’ve been seeing that commercial too much recently and its starting to get to me…

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 2:47am
He has a weird square shaped face. Like a real life Dick Tracy from the comic strip. He looks like a cross between younger Jim Carey and John Cena minus the muscles. 
bcraig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 11:20pm
i really cannot stand the dude with the pointee teeth leaf filter man I really do not like the way he threatens the old people about warning them about climbing up ladders and inferring he might climb after them and throw's them off. his pointy teeth he looks like a flesh eater a ffricking zombie feeding on that old mans flesh , if he tried to throw me off the ladder I would beat the tar out of that pointed toothed freak and enjoy it then pull him up on the roof and kick his butt off the roof then let the old dude punk his rubber face wow..
bruce
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:03pm
I said it before, he looks like a mentally challenged John Cena, no idea why?

This one kills me....does he just walk around the neighborhood scolding people?
"Hey...WAY TOO DANGEROUS Bill!,"
"MELISSA...WTF? IS WRONG WITH YOU, WAY TOO CLOGGED!!" 

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 9:10pm
I don't really get the John Cena comparison. This ad reminds of the stupid Jardiance ads with Jordan Murphy to an extant. The way he goes around the neighborhood lecturing people.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 11:05pm
This is the spokesman that bugs living sh*t out of me:
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 12:00am
I just edited my original post because since the time I originally posted, it looks like raw iSpot URLs are rejected. Now using the "share" URLs from iSpot.
UtahByWayofSTL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UtahByWayofSTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 11:30pm
No comment.
opiecunningham View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opiecunningham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:20pm
I've been watching Ron Sherman for the past 25 years. He's out of Little Rock where he's been a staple for generations it seems. On a lot of home improvement ads here in AR. Had no idea he was national.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 6:17pm
Yep the climbing ladders this is soooo annoying 
like anyone has time to listen to this guys Leaf Filter event
The fakeness of this totally irked me 
I bet they charge a fortune for this product 
and then send incompetent third party installers over

we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 6:45pm
Doesn;t the leaf filter guy look like he could be Jim Carrey's demented brother?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 7:43pm
in a Cuomo brothers sort of way yes
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic