Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Talking thumbs, disembodied heads, now THIS! (vid)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talking thumbs, disembodied heads, now THIS! (vid)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talking thumbs, disembodied heads, now THIS! (vid)
    Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 10:09am
These damn ads just don't go away!!!
Sponsored Links

Bender View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 1:01am
Reminds me of

Fast forward to about :20 and about 4:15.
This space available.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 8:43am
Oh, man . . . just looking at that makes my head HURT. OW! ShockedCry
Droshi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droshi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 8:25am
lol, I'll be the first to say it. I love these. As disturbing as they are. And I think the song is great.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 12:57am
Knock, knock!!!

Nobody home...(listen closely; hear the sound of wind blowing through the ears?)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 12:41am
Ahhh these commercials are so disturbing!!!  Enough already!!!!!!
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 3:19am
I f**king hate these ads! They didn't really bother me until I saw the one featuring the girl with red hair. That has got to be the ugliest mother f**king woman I have ever seen in my life. Even worse than the Zyrtec snaggle-tooth woman.
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 8:27pm
I haaatte these ads! They're SO freaky, and stupid too! When they come on I want to scream as the camera rotates around to the back of the cave-head with all the crazy bs going on inside it. Don't they realize something is very wrong here. I wanted to post about these ads but I think I must have blocked them out.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 3:07am
Okay, I must be screwed up in the head, because I don't hate this one, it's nice and slow and it doesn't seem as abnormal compared to others, (no immediate shock value) maybe because I "get" it since what's pictured in the back is what she sees in their head as they play the game. You know when you picturing yourself as the character, while you're playing. I don't take it as being literally. It's a metaphor in a sorts.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 11:26pm

Here is one version of it.   Video Mod may want to add this to the OP.  [from Holly: did Thumbs%20Up]

MorganFreeman View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorganFreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 11:14pm
These carved-out head ads have to stop. How effective could they be anyway? They're so pointlessly dramatic and it took me months to even realize what they were advertising with them!

I say if you're in advertising, everything you make over 15k per year should go to school teachers. Maybe then in a couple decades we'll have a smarter group of advertisers, eh?
You owe the companies nothing. You don't owe them any courtesy. They have rearranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked your permission, don't even start asking for theirs.
Kelly1968 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 11:10pm

I haven't seen the Xobx ad or the talking thumbs ad, but that Xbox one sounds like it belongs in the icky-poo category!  Eww!

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 10:38pm
I just recently saw the one with the talking thumbs........OMG are they serious??? One of the MOST annoying damned things I have ever seen, or heard.
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 2:05pm
In the spirit of the recent lampooning of the gross-out fests knows as the talking thumbs with heads and the woman carrying her own head in her arms...did anyone see THIS latest body dismemberment themed ad?

It's for Xbox 360, which you don't know until the very end of course.  All it shows is this zombified looking guy sitting in the dead center of his living room staring at his TV (quite appealing, wouldn't you say?)  And the camera pans around him and as you reach the back of his head you see that it is CARVED OUT and inside are the images of Xbox games.  Yuuuuucccckkkkk!!!  Dead It gave me chills, so far worse than the talking thumbs and the disembodied head.  Really gross, really disturbing imagery.

You know, sometimes I wonder if the same one advertising company has all these same accounts...

[courtesy of N-Dizzle, moved by HollyRock]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic