Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive's Motaur commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traxan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive's Motaur commercials
    Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:02pm
I could accept the silliness of a half-man, half-motorcycle creature if it sold its product but after the 30 seconds are up, I have no idea what the flip they are selling. STUPID.

Sponsored Links

Stelth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stelth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 11:25am
They're just being weird.  Maybe they hoped it would turn into a meme.  It seems desperate.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 4:27pm
Great! Progressive's version of 'Sequels'?  Just STFU!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:14pm
I've always been OK with the goofy sense humor in Progressive's ads, but this is just the height of excessively stupid.

That guy should have been created as a comic book character rather than an insurance company commercial sales pitch.

Also, how many black guys ride motorcycles?

Very few.

The PC factor alone makes it suck even worse.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:14pm
Geico has a commercial with a black guy who, besides riding a motorcycle, is singing Wild Thing by the Troggs. Unlikely on two counts.

As an aside, my cousin's black boyfriend rides a Harley.

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 10:16pm
It kind of gives me the creeps. 
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 10:32pm
These commercials are not funny and are just awkward and are uncomfortable to watch.
Stelth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stelth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 11:48pm
A lot of black guys ride in the hoods of Miami.  Especially on the MLK holiday.  They break the law each year and overrun the streets in Miami-Dade county riding atvs and street bikes.  It's really flagrant and unsettling.

Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 3:44am
Plus, it makes no sense:
Guy: "Do you ever wish you weren't a motaur?"
Motaur: "Sure, I wish I had legs.."
Guy: "Yeah, like a regular person..?"
Motaur: "No, still half bike, half man.."

So, which is it, yes or no? 
That's all I have to say about that.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Geico has a commercial with a black guy who, besides riding a motorcycle, is singing Wild Thing by the Troggs. Unlikely on two counts.

As an aside, my cousin's black boyfriend rides a Harley.

Yeah, I've seen that one too many times.

Looks like that's starting to become "a thing".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:25pm
You know the one with the two kids? Doesn't the one look kind of like a real life Bobby Hill?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I've always been OK with the goofy sense humor in Progressive's ads, but this is just the height of excessively stupid.

That guy should have been created as a comic book character rather than an insurance company commercial sales pitch.

Also, how many black guys ride motorcycles?

Very few.

The PC factor alone makes it suck even worse.

I don't know if that's fair. I'm a black guy and I used to ride. (I don't now because of the back injury I received in the army. I WOULD LOVE to get another bike, but I love being able to walk more) I know plenty of black people that  ride, though. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic