Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stop the Bleeding Heart Madness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop the Bleeding Heart Madness
    Posted: 04 May 2020 at 6:25pm
My God, there are tortured puppies, dying baby elephants and super cruel people doing all kinds of evil things.
Sending them money will stop all that??? sure...
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by bb2zz bb2zz wrote:

My God, there are tortured puppies, dying baby elephants and super cruel people doing all kinds of evil things.
Sending them money will stop all that??? sure...

It might not stop it, but any reduction in the amount of animals abused or increased number of animals saved is a good thing.

We may not enjoy the commercials, but calling them "bleeding heart madness" is a bit on the extreme side, IMO.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
bb2zz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 12:46pm
Yes, extreme but only for the people collecting this money. I don't trust anyone who tries to guilt you into something.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 2:34pm
Stelth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stelth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 3:33pm
I think those commercials scam well-meaning people.  Also they are really annoying. The only positive is they dropped the maudlin Sarah McLachlan song they used to play.
fig816 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fig816 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:18am
Agree 100% that these the WWF commercials are a complete fraud.
In the latest commercial it shows a a baby elephant on the verge of
collapse and certain death. But it doesn’t take a video expert to see, that
this entire scene was done with animation, and, really bad animation, at that.
Nowhere on the screen does a disclaimer appear during that the scene, stating it was just a
reenactment or a depiction. The people at WWF are using animation and attempting
to pass it off as an actual event. Why aren’t they willing to display a disclaimer?
Because they are trying to get people to donate money. I for one will never donate
to any organization that uses questionable tactics of any kind, and clearly, the tactics
used in this commercial were less than honest.
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:47pm
WWF? I thought these were ASPCA....when did the World Wrestling Federation take over?

(Kidding...not kidding...wwf?)
That's all I have to say about that.
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Brendalou Brendalou wrote:

WWF? I thought these were ASPCA....when did the World Wrestling Federation take over?

WWF (World Wildlife Fund): http://www.worldwildlife.org/

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment): https://www.wwe.com/
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

WWF (World Wildlife Fund):  http://www.worldwildlife.org/ - http://www.worldwildlife.org/

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment): https://www.wwe.com/ - https://www.wwe.com/

Was never a wrestling fan, but was forced to endure it during my childhood. In the days of one TV, only three channels, and we watch what dad says, lol. So, yeah, like 1985 was the WWF era I guess.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 2:23am

Was never a wrestling fan, but was forced to endure it during my childhood. In the days of one TV, only three channels, and we watch what dad says, lol. So, yeah, like 1985 was the WWF era I guess.

1985?

That one TV and only three channels thing sounds more like the 60's and early 70's when I was a kid than the mid 80's.

As I recall, in 1985 I had cable and one of those slider boxes with the 50' cord and it got a whopping 35 channels!!!! 

Wink

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Was never a wrestling fan, but was forced to endure it during my childhood. In the days of one TV, only three channels, and we watch what dad says, lol. So, yeah, like 1985 was the WWF era I guess.

1985?

That one TV and only three channels thing sounds more like the 60's and early 70's when I was a kid than the mid 80's.

As I recall, in 1985 I had cable and one of those slider boxes with the 50' cord and it got a whopping 35 channels!!!! 

Wink

Yeah, we were poor.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:01am
LET'S PLAY MUTE THAT TUNE!
Bob, I can mute that tune in two notes.

That asinine ASPCA drivel has helped me develop my TV remote speed. 2 notes and it'a gone!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 8:22pm
STOP THE PUPPIES PLEASE 

WOULDNT IT JUST BE BETTER TO KILL THEM ALL 

AND THEIR PUPPY MILL PARENTS 

ILL BET THE PUPPIES ONLY GET A PENNY ON THE DONATED DOLLAR

THESE ADS ARE SO LONG I CANT ESCAPE THE PUPPIES 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 8:37pm
If they're the AMERICAN Society to Prevent Cruelty to Animals, then why do they have that annoying bleeding heart CANADIAN doing their voice work? "Oootside" "call NEEOW"
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 8:47pm
Ill stand by you!

with a shotgun in my hand
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic