Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SHEEBA - child bleeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSNV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHEEBA - child bleeding
    Posted: 01 May 2020 at 7:19pm
The commercial shows a woman and cat.
The kid yells "Mom, I Fell!"
mom: "Get a band-aid"
kid: "But I'm bleeding"
mom: "Get 2"
This mother does not deserve to be a mother.
The message this sends that a (seemingly healthy) pet is more important than a hurt child is horrible.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 10:00pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by AJSNV AJSNV wrote:

This mother does not deserve to be a mother.
The message this sends that a (seemingly healthy) pet is more important than a hurt child is horrible.

Maybe the kid's a jerk.

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:18am
Has everyone suddenly lost their sense of humor?  They're commercials, not an essay on the human condition.  I think this COVID-19 is getting to everyone.  Ermm
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 2:28am
"... but mom, it's gushing all over the floor!"
"Then get a mop"
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 2:43am
I find this commercial off putting, and I don't even like kids.
Nemo me impune lacessit
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:47pm
As a grandpa since June 2000 (the youngest of 3 just turned 11 y/o) I always have band-aids in my wallet and a proper first aid kit in my car. The 2 older girls considered any scrape or bruise traumatic and a drop or more of blood a life threatening catastrophe. Their cousin, my now 11 y/o Grandson just keeps going. the only time he didn't was when he took a belly flop off the monkey bars and had the wind knocked out of him. After a couple minutes to resume breathing normally he was back on the bars. Regarding the commercial. A parent being unconcerned with their child in pain possibly needs to experience actual pain.   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 4:33am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

As a grandpa since June 2000 (the youngest of 3 just turned 11 y/o) I always have band-aids in my wallet and a proper first aid kit in my car. The 2 older girls considered any scrape or bruise traumatic and a drop or more of blood a life threatening catastrophe. Their cousin, my now 11 y/o Grandson just keeps going. the only time he didn't was when he took a belly flop off the monkey bars and had the wind knocked out of him. After a couple minutes to resume breathing normally he was back on the bars. Regarding the commercial. A parent being unconcerned with their child in pain possibly needs to experience actual pain.   

WOW! In this world of snowflakes it's great to hear some kids have the "guts" to get up and get back on the horse (or in this case, the bars)
Buy that kid an ice cream cone at least!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Has everyone suddenly lost their sense of humor?  They're commercials, not an essay on the human condition.  I think this COVID-19 is getting to everyone.  Ermm 

Amen to dat, sistah!!!! LOL

Besides, anyone who's ever owned (or been owned by) a cat knows that the cat always comes first!!! Wink

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe the kid's a jerk.

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

"... but mom, it's gushing all over the floor!"
"Then get a mop"

It's these kinds of crude, callous, uncalled for remarks....

....that are why I've stayed around this forum for so long!!!! LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 5:13pm

WOW! In this world of snowflakes it's great to hear some kids have the "guts" to get up and get back on the horse (or in this case, the bars)
He has always been like that. He was 5 y/o. He had a favorite tree in the park for climbing. He and his little girl friend Nora would get 30 feet off the ground before the branches were too small. The City cut all limbs lower than 8 feet off the trees in their parks to prevent such dangerous behavior!Angry
Q: What do you call a cruise ship with 2,000 lawyers on board at the bottom of the ocean?
A: A decent start.
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 5:18pm

He has always been like that. He was 5 y/o. He had a favorite tree in the park for climbing. He and his little girl friend Nora would get 30 feet of the ground before the branches were too small. The City cut all limbs lower than 8 feet off the trees in their parks to prevent such dangerous behavior!Angry
Q: What do you call a cruise ship with 2,000 lawyers on board at the bottom of the ocean?

That's a joke from the movie Philadelphia with Tom Hanks.

Andrew Beckett:
What do you call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean?

Joe Miller:
I don't know.

Andrew Beckett:
A good start.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 5:20pm

He has always been like that. He was 5 y/o. He had a favorite tree in the park for climbing. He and his little girl friend Nora would get 30 feet of the ground before the branches were too small. The City cut all limbs lower than 8 feet off the trees in their parks to prevent such dangerous behavior!Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

That's a joke from the movie Philadelphia with Tom Hanks.

Andrew Beckett:
What do you call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean?

Joe Miller:
I don't know.

Andrew Beckett:
A good start.

The one I heard was....

Q: What do you call it when a busload of lawyers goes over a cliff but there was one empty seat?

A: A crying shame.

BTW, our friend and fellow CIH'er Cape Cat is a lawyer, so it might be a good thing to keep in mind when making lawyer jokes... Wink

We mean other lawyers, not you, CC. LOL

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 5:26pm
^ A family law attorney with a very good heart!
Scott57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 9:00pm
One of the few commercials I actually enjoy...and I'm not a cat person.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 2:54am
It's ok, my good friends...I've heard a lot of the jokes by now and if I didn't have a sense of humor, I shouldn't be in this business, LOL (and yes, I am owned by two beloved cats... and the kid yelling for the bandage in the ad has  just that extra degree of whine that makes me think "spoiled kid, Mom does everything for her" and "hey, where's Dad in all this, anyway?") 

OK, here's a couple:  
  What's the difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?  The skunk has skid marks in front of it.
   Why don't sharks bite lawyers?  Professional courtesy.  
   What do you call 50 skydiving lawyers?  Skeet
   How does a lawyer sleep at night, anyway?  Well, first he lies on one side, then he lies on the other.  
CapeCat
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 2:59am

I had not seen this BS in a long time. I have no clue why now???? 30 minutes later it posted normally.Confused

Error: Message Not Posted

Spamming is not permitted!
You have exceeded the number of posts permitted in the time span.

Please try again later.

Return to the Discussion Forum

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 3:11am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

It's ok, my good friends...I've heard a lot of the jokes by now and if I didn't have a sense of humor, I shouldn't be in this business, LOL (and yes, I am owned by two beloved cats... and the kid yelling for the bandage in the ad has  just that extra degree of whine that makes me think "spoiled kid, Mom does everything for her" and "hey, where's Dad in all this, anyway?") 

OK, here's a couple:  
  What's the difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?  The skunk has skid marks in front of it.
   Why don't sharks bite lawyers?  Professional courtesy.  
   What do you call 50 skydiving lawyers?  Skeet
   How does a lawyer sleep at night, anyway?  Well, first he lies on one side, then he lies on the other.  

LOLLOLLOL It figures the best lawyer jokes I ever heard would be from a lawyer... 

Here's one (no offense intended)....

Two lawyers are walking down the sidewalk when the most gorgeous, scantily clad young woman either of them had ever seen walks by in the opposite direction. As she passes she notices them gawking at her so she smiles and winks at them.

Says one lawyer to the other... "Man I'd sure love to screw her!!!!"

Replies the other... "Out of what?"

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 3:21am

I had not seen this BS in a long time. I have no clue why now???? 30 minutes later it posted normally.Confused

Error: Message Not Posted

Spamming is not permitted!
You have exceeded the number of posts permitted in the time span.

Please try again later.

Return to the Discussion Forum

I get a couple of different annoying error messages on this forum a lot, too.

One of them sometimes requires me to shut down my browser and a couple of times, I actually had to shut down and restart my computer just to get a post show up.

It's gotten to the point where I've gotten into the habit of doing a cut/paste of my own posts every time before I hit the Post Reply button just so I won't lose what I just spent several minutes typing, because this el-crap-o software doesn't have an auto-save feature.

Huge PITA that really pisses me off.

I think the reason for the problems, is that the forum software (Web Wiz) is old and outdated. That's probably why you never see it used anywhere else but here.

Most forums nowadays use V Bulletin.

Highly superior to this clunky old junk.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 7:05pm
I remember when I first joined here (2006?), I thought the icon of the tree (above the reply box), would actually help me post a picture as it was supposed to. I soon learned it was useless. Yet here it remains, 14 years later.

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:50am

Yet here it remains, 14 years later.

I don't see anything.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 4:22am
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

I don't see anything.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 5:29am
The commercial shows a woman and cat.
The kid yells "Mom, I Fell!"
mom: "Get a band-aid"
kid: "But I'm bleeding"
mom: "Tape a tampon over it!"

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

I don't see anything.

Yep, and I don't even remember what some of those others were for. I assume links and videos and whatever.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic