Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skyrizi - "Nothing gets evident...? (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skyrizi - "Nothing gets evident...? (video)
    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 2:39am

This is being played ALL the time in my area these days. I finally actually tried to listen to the "theme" of the jingle today. I was sure they're singing "Nothing gets evident..." but I looked up at the TV, and it's apparently "Nothing is everything"

OK, "Nothing" is hard to screw up, and it's the first word in the phrase. But there's no way in hell the next word they're singing is "IS!" They're doing something like "nothin...gis..." and again, there's NO WAY what they're singing next is "everything." The closest lyric my ears matched with that was "evident."

Isn't it annoying when singers mispronounce lyrics? Why do they do it? Is it on purpose? Because the ad-tards know it annoys some people?

<rant over>
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

This is being played ALL the time in my area these days. I finally actually tried to listen to the "theme" of the jingle today. I was sure they're singing "Nothing gets evident..." but I looked up at the TV, and it's apparently "Nothing is everything"

OK, "Nothing" is hard to screw up, and it's the first word in the phrase. But there's no way in hell the next word they're singing is "IS!" They're doing something like "nothin...gis..." and again, there's NO WAY what they're singing next is "everything." The closest lyric my ears matched with that was "evident."

Isn't it annoying when singers mispronounce lyrics? Why do they do it? Is it on purpose? Because the ad-tards know it annoys some people?

<rant over>

DESPISE that.... song?.... jingle?.... bucket of puke!!!!! Angry Dead

It is one of a very small group of commercials for which I keep several remote controls laying around, close by just so that I can mute the volume from wherever I am, prior to having to hear even one sickening syllable of it.

The ad's only saving grace, is that there is just enough of a short spoken intro prior to the nauseating singing part, to give me ample warning and time to snatch up a remote, and rescue myself from the torture of having to hear it.

Sick

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 3:56am
Jimbo- I agree. But watch out! There is another commercial (I forgot what it is at the moment) that begins with the same two notes. I have developed the "fastest mute finger" in the East.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Stelth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stelth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 2:46pm
"Skyrizi" is one of the worst names I've ever heard.   It reminds me of the word "scuzzy".
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 4:44pm
the pop tart that 'sings' this probably thinks its a career maker--its almost as bad as the ever evolving Daisy Cottage Cheese or Sour Cream 'theme' songs that get reworked about every 3 mos.
btw shes saying 'nothing is Everything'-very zen !
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

<rant over>

DESPISE that.... song?.... jingle?.... bucket of puke!!!!! Angry Dead

It is one of a very small group of commercials for which I keep several remote controls laying around, close by just so that I can mute the volume from wherever I am, prior to having to hear even one sickening syllable of it.

The ad's only saving grace, is that there is just enough of a short spoken intro prior to the nauseating singing part, to give me ample warning and time to snatch up a remote, and rescue myself from the torture of having to hear it.

Sick

I'm glad someone brought up this commerical before I had the chance to. I've been hating that jingle for a few months now
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Stelth Stelth wrote:

"Skyrizi" is one of the worst names I've ever heard.   It reminds me of the word "scuzzy".

It sounds like a disease itself.

"Ooooh gurl.... Wut is dat funky, nasty shee-it you done gots growin' all over yo' face 'n shee-it????"

"Sheee-it, gurl. I done went an' gots me a bad case of Skyrizi...."

"Day-umm beotch!!! You bes' be stayin' da-fuk away from me 'n my babies, hear???"

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

the pop tart that 'sings' this probably thinks its a career maker--its almost as bad as the ever evolving Daisy Cottage Cheese or Sour Cream 'theme' songs that get reworked about every 3 mos.

The Daisy ad is another one that I keep the remote close by for.

I don't mind the "Do A Dollop Of Daisy" sour cream commercial, but that "Only Daisy Cottage Cheese Will Do" abomination makes me want to commit murder.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 5:44pm
An older thread on the same topic...

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skyrizi - New medication ad
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 5:51pm

<rant over>

Yes, and this takes me back to the 80's to "Caribbean Queen".  Carabune? WTH? 
That's all I have to say about that.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 5:57pm
Also those damn 80s syndrums--crikey! its like aural torture
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Stelth Stelth wrote:

Or someone sneezing while saying "Excuse me" at the same time.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 6:51am
One of the side effects of Skyrizi is that it causes deafness.  I guess people are taking it so they can't hear the jingle... 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 3:50pm
i see Nuthin in a different way.. and its my chance i just gotta SAY...

that is some trite and derivative GARBAGE lyric
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 4:54pm

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Nothin' aint worth nothin' but it's free". 'Me and Bobby McGee'.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 6:08pm

i see Nuthin in a different way.. and its my chance i just gotta SAY...

that is some trite and derivative GARBAGE lyric

And coupled with her moronic, empty-headed voice and the dopey rhythm, it all just makes one want to go out and commit crimes against humanity.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:11pm
TUBULARRRR!
'Valley Girl' Moon Zappa
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:29pm
Fer suuuure.

C'mon, man!
larrytate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 11:03pm
It would only make local news, but the headline:
Skyrizi user arrested for indecent exposure
would be funny.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 1:12am
Originally posted by larrytate larrytate wrote:

It would only make local news, but the headline:
Skyrizi user arrested for indecent exposure
would be funny.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 5:30pm
LOLLOLLOL
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 12:00am
LOL
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 2:52am

<rant over>

I THOUGHT they toned this sh*t ad down, the music was there, instrumental, not in my face...and nothing like before.

Suddenly the past 2, 3 days...bang...the long song - not a damn jingle....song by an untalented whiny singer suddenly pollutes my TV.

I cannot hit Mute fast enough when I hear this f'ing song.My personal #1 hated commercial of 2019, so far its still my most hated of 2020.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 3:54am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I THOUGHT they toned this sh*t ad down, the music was there, instrumental, not in my face...and nothing like before.

Suddenly the past 2, 3 days...bang...the long song - not a damn jingle....song by an untalented whiny singer suddenly pollutes my TV. 

I cannot hit Mute fast enough when I hear this f'ing song.My personal #1 hated commercial of 2019, so far its still my most hated of 2020.

The word "hate" is not even close to sufficient to describe my feelings toward that sh*t song and it's.... "singer".

Even if you combined it with words like "despise", "loathe", "detest", "abhor", etc, etc. and turned them all into one big super word which means "a hatred hotter than a thousand suns", it would still not be sufficient to describe my disgust.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 9:27pm
they have rerecorded this with a more 'soulful' (aka blacker) singer who-while she IS better than the first poptart-still cannot redeem these utter CRAP lyrics
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic