Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has anyone received their COVID-19 stimulus check?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone received their COVID-19 stimulus check?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone received their COVID-19 stimulus check?
    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 6:37am
Most Americans are set to receive a $1,200.00 cash stimulus payment because of the COVID-19 (coroavirus) pandemic.

I spoke with my best friend in Shelton WA. this afternoon and she told me that one of her housemates had received his $1,200 payment.

Has anybody here on CIH received theirs yet?
I checked my bank account a short while ago this evening and it is not yet there.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 3:28pm
When I get my stimulus money I'm gonna blow it all on weed, booze and strippers.

That should stimulate me pretty good. Thumbs Up
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 4:13pm
I think I have to wait for an zctual paper check. I don't think the Feds have my direct deposit info.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

When I get my stimulus money I'm gonna blow it all on weed, booze and strippers.

That should stimulate me pretty good. Thumbs Up

Ice cream and records for me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 4:17pm
I'm curious to see if we each get a check or if it will be one per household.

If it is two checks, I will pay the property tax...Wham bam thank you maam!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 5:16pm
Nope.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 5:39pm
I think Caroln just set me straight in a no nonsense kind of way...No $2400 for you!  That means I will have to count on the tax return before 7/31.  Or set aside some money the next few months.  Or just get the f*ck out of here!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 5:47pm
Unless you earned over $75,000 you should get a check, aka.  There may delays due to the inadequate computer system used by the IRS but most people will see a check eventually. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Unless you earned over $75,000 you should get a check, aka.  There may delays due to the inadequate computer system used by the IRS but most people will see a check eventually. 
I know we will get the $1200!  For some reason I thought EVERY tax payer would get $1200.

I see CC is online. I may have to talk to her.  Embarrassed
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I think Caroln just set me straight in a no nonsense kind of way...No $2400 for you!  That means I will have to count on the tax return before 7/31.  Or set aside some money the next few months.  Or just get the f*ck out of here!

According to AARP....

Quote Eligible individuals can receive a stimulus payment of up to $1,200. Couples who file joint tax returns can receive up to $2,400. Families with children under the age of 17 can receive an additional $500 per child. Dependents are not eligible for direct stimulus payments.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 5:30am
I was told by somebody in the know that SSA/SSI recipients who are paid via direct deposit will be receiving their payments this Saturday (04-21-20).
Since I fall into this category, I ought to have my $$$ this weekend! Big smile

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 12:29pm
A little good news...

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 12:55pm
That's a relief for you!  Hope I get mine soon.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 4:12pm
^ You buy a lotta gas.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 4:32pm
I buy a lot of stuff at the convenience stores.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^ You buy a lotta gas.

Or maybe he.... buys it often but only in small amounts, or..... he buys other things (cigarettes, etc) at a gas and convenience store.

Let's not judge, Thor. Wink

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I buy a lot of stuff at the convenience stores.

I was still typing my above response when you posted that.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 4:44pm
Jimbo knows what goes on around here!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 7:17pm
Would you buy me a Slurpee next time you're there? I haven't had one in years. Lime, if they have it, please.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 3:03am
A physical check, nope.
Guess I'll have to wait longer now since King Trump wants his sloppy signature on the checks. 
--If he denied it, yeah sure...he's full of sh*t!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/politics/trump-name-checks-coronavirus/index.html

"Two senior Treasury officials told The Washington Post, which first reported the decision, that the move will probably set back the delivery date on the first set of paper checks -- potentially slowing a process that could already take up to 20 weeks. The Internal Revenue Service, however, insists that the move will not result in a delay."

Jesus, the useless a**hats in DC can simply download a JPEG of his sig and slap it on these.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 6:16am
If it shows, I'll be buying take-out for a month (to try and get my weight up, and to help out the local eating establishments.)  The rest will be saved for future bills...
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 8:23pm
Mine showed up sometime overnight; the first thing I did this morning was to order batteries for my electric wheelchair. Big smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 8:34pm
I got mine in the mail last Friday.

Need to get to the bank to deposit it.

I've supposedly also got $675 coming from an ancient life insurance policy my mom had through her job she retired from in the early 80's.

Gotta look into that and start getting papers together, forms filled out, etc.

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 9:07pm
I got mine 4/15...direct deposit.
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:13am
After a couple of weeks of "your information does not match our files...blah blah", I pretty much figured I'd get screwed. We wind up paying out rather than get a refund anyway, so we were expecting a paper check.
Checked this morning on a whim, and suddenly, they recognized me, and is being sent on Friday. Hopefully, they give us the right amount, as it didn't specify. Will wind up giving it back to them anyway come tax time. LOL
That's all I have to say about that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic