Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Progressive- could have been better without Flo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive- could have been better without Flo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive- could have been better without Flo
    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 4:03pm

Alright, I think it's fair to say that these Flo commercials are extremely hated by everyone here. That being said, imagine if they took this one...
Just let "Darrell" continue to tell the tale himself and instead of Flo butting her annoying self into it, maybe a couple of passing backpackers say "oh look it's bigfoot", to which he responds with his "My name is.." line
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 5:02pm
I don't hate Flo.

I don't particularly like her either, but I don't hate her.

There are much MUCH worse commercials on TV for me to spend my hatred on.

Like the Peloton yuppie hipster douchebags for instance.

I don't even bother to mute the Flo commercials.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 5:47pm
Sadsquatch? Angry Progressive should stay with Flo Mo and Gay Jamie and their simple minded approach to selling insurance.  Leave the Sasquatch to Jack Links!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 6:52pm
I never minded Flo. In fact, I always kinda liked her. Some of her commercials are better than others, though.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 7:12pm
Same here.

The Pro-Flo ads often times mock her a bit and I appreciate that kind of self-deprecation in a product spokesperson.

The ads I mainly hate are the ones in which the actors or spokespeople try to act like hot sh*t.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 10:43pm
Here's what started them all.
There's a sucker born every minute.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 4:09pm
Nah i hate all buffoons equally--its a crutch for non-creative adtards to base any kind of schmaltz and just let a Gecko-Emu or female (Flo) or male (Pat) clown schlep their way through 30 or 60 seconds and then throw the brand at the end--its the WORST and u just know theres a lot of self-back patting on how CLEVER their 'creative' is
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 11:34am
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 1:24pm
Probably in the minority, here....but the caveman commercials just absolutely grate on my last nerve. Always thought they were the dumbest ever.
That's all I have to say about that.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 3:07am
Some of the Flos are low-level annoying, but mostly they just go by for me. 
Gsrecaps View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gsrecaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 8:46pm
They brought back this from 4 years ago. Honestly, I missed this commercial. https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AfS_/progressive-flotection
bb2zz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 12:39pm
I don't understand how anyone can say they don't mind Flo...By law we have to pay for insurance, we shouldn't have to be subjected to them insulting us with our own money. Now, if anyone doesn't mind the OTHER insurance idiot I would be shocked.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 11:57pm
If we call Darryl "Big Foot", can we agree to call Flo "Lard Ass"?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 1:14am
"clown face' also works --or 'she lump'
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic