Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COVID19 Themed ads - "We're in this together"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 6:44am
Now is the perfect time for ventriloquists to start fights among people wearing masks... 
Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Isn't this....

Grrreat!

I like Shaq...and I'm starting to think he now makes an appearance in EVERY single commercial now. I actually didn't know that was him with the beard, small video on the page with tiny Skype window nonsense. Then I heard the voice.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 4:13pm
Isnt Shaq busy enough hawking the terrible Papa Johns he now 'owns'?
His resume includes spending time with one of the cheapos of insurance-
the GENERAL
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 6:09pm
Shaq's been in so many commercials it seems for years now.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 7:55am

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:47am
DeadDeadDead
And if some of these governors lock down again, just go back to page 1 and start the commercial cycle all over again.
Cuz 'we're in this together'. Now excuse me folks, I may have to vomit again.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 2:51pm
Guess what has two thumbs and is not 'all in this together' with beach and lake party douches?

THIS GUYHug
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 6:37pm
I haven't been to a controversial party this whole time! (There haven't been any in my county.)
Albeit hiking gets me away from the stress. There's a lake about 20 miles away from me that I've hiked twice already, just because it's so beautiful. Manastash Lake, west of Ellensburg. Last time I hiked was Friday, and there were about 10 campers up there too. I think we all had the same idea. Smile
There's a wooden fishing bench at that lake. Definitely a stress reliever, looking over the lake and hearing birds and ducks. No COVID stress, no stupid commercials to worry about. Especially since I'm a grocery employee and having to deal with the mixed reactions of the public for 4-8 hours each day.
I do have a picture to share of that lake, but the image attachment only lets me use URLs. Perhaps I'll have to put it on Mediafire and post it.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:44pm
I hate the marketing people at Applebee's with a passion!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:59pm
IRRESIST-A-BOWLS????? Stern Smile

I think I'm gonna have a BOWL-MOVEMENT.... Sick

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 3:58pm
LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:24pm
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 3:24am
Are we "still in this sh*t together?" Are these still "trying times."
I see the commercials all switching to a happier theme now, "Welcome back," go on road trips with Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, etc etc.

...and the daily Covid cases are at a daily all time high. 

MAYBE Back to school commercials??  Maybe not this year???

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 2:54pm
ooh i think there will be some 'virtual' back to school -thats a lot of $$$ retailers would miss out on so u KNOW there will be some sort of 'reason' to get NEW clothes regardless of reality....
..and what exactly IS a Shaqaroni? My guess its a good ol' crappy pepperoni pizza
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Are we "still in this sh*t together?" Are these still "trying times."
I see the commercials all switching to a happier theme now, "Welcome back," go on road trips with Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, etc etc.

...and the daily Covid cases are at a daily all time high. 

MAYBE Back to school commercials??  Maybe not this year???

Exactly!

And that dumb ass Trump says he can hold funds for local schools if they don't open this fall.  What an uninformed assbag.  Most schools are funded by county and state revenue.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 6:54pm
And normally around this time we'd be seeing back to school commercials, and we would be posting on how much we hate them. (I.E. the kid 'actors,' the dancing, etc.) Albeit that was before COVID + lockdowns screwed up the world.
I kinda miss that.

My workplace now has a 'no mask, no service' rule for everyone effective today. We basically have to kick out anyone not wearing a mask. FACE SHIELDS ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR ANYONE EITHER. WTF. So a big middle finger to those people who rely on seeing lips because they are hard-of-hearing?
Employees are not allowed to wear shields OR bandannas anymore. Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:43am

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:45am
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 5:14pm
I should add to my signature, sorry to those with a better memory than mine if this has been posted before.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:48pm
I was in a restaurant last night enjoying a Chicken Parmesan and an IPA on tap. TVs were on playing ESPN UFC reruns. None of the commercials were COVID-19 themed; in fact there was a promo for the NBA returning Jul 31st where the basic message was 'it's time'. Felt good and kind of normal for once. They will all be at Disney World isolated from crowds, we'll see what happens. Same with the MLB once they start.
I'm glad I went out last night; we all know Inslee could follow Newsom at any time and shut the restaurants down again. He's threatening 'significant restrictions' if cases don't go down. I'm in a phase 3 county with zero deaths, 75% restaurant capacity. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:09pm
https://stopmedicaldistancing.org/
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 4:10pm
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

SickSickSick  I just can't take any more of these "feel good" commercials.

jgf View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 6:36pm
Sadly it did not take long for the marketing oafs to latch on to COVID as just another advertising tool.
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by jgf jgf wrote:

Sadly it did not take long for the marketing oafs to latch on to COVID as just another advertising tool.

Yeah, any global disaster is fair game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic