Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COVID19 Themed ads - "We're in this together"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COVID19 Themed ads - "We're in this together"
    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:35am
During this time when a massive astroid sized sh*t has hit the tiny fan, it's so nice to know the cars companies have our backs. These "feel good" ads really make me wanna vomit Dead 

Toyota has one also, I didn't see it online though.

Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:59am
So they have Covid-19 and want me in their car with them?  Confused  No thanks! 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:36am
I see a lot of people less than 6 feet apart in that Chevy commercial. Apparently, they're not doing their part.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:48pm
I've been seeing that Cadillac ad a lot lately, but I've always had the TV on mute when it was running, so until I opened this thread, I had no idea wtf it was even about.

I will say one thing for both companies... they sure as hell didn't waste any time jumping on the coronavirus bandwagon with both feet.

Given the amount of time one would think that it must take to produce ads like those two, I'm wondering if they didn't just throw together some stock footage they had on hand and then tape the voiceover on top of it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:16pm
Find your new car online and we will deliver it to you!  What?  You won't let me drive it first?

All sorts of incentives! Ford makes the first 3 payments and the next 3 are deferred! Hopefully, you still have a job!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:24pm

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:08pm
I was wondering that too Jimbo, the use of random stock footage to quickly throw these ads together. That's what it feels like to me.

--
The new one I saw this morning was for Lincoln. "More than ever your home is your sanctuary..."
(Shows woman in a massive mansion like home...must be nice!) 

---
We've been wanting the death of Potsch ads for a long, long time, the virus may have killed it.
I hope!??

Unless the spew out some ad with him in an empty room telling how Chevy loves us.Ouch
--
NOT proper social distancing. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:21pm
Next thing you know, some marketing genius at one of the big auto makers, will come up with the idea to call their latest vehicle.... 

The COVID-19.

"A vehicle you can depend on in times of worry and need...." 

"Get the infection."
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:56pm
^ Now, that's just in bad taste, I can't see any of the big three taking that road. Wink

I can, however, see GM reintroducing the Hummer, with a tagline something like "The only full-size vehicle with enough room for occupants to remain six feet apart".

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:02pm
I wonder if the birthrate will be low come December and January. Are people refraining from sex? I know I am.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
I say if you are living together, go for it! 69!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:09pm
Stolen from the internet:

Come Decemeber/January there will be a mini boom in births, and come 2033, that generation of children will be given the name "The Quaranteens".
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:02pm
Actually the nomenclature for this should be the 'NEW INSINCERITY'
USING GLOBAL pandemic to sell u a car or insurance is PURE EVIL
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
People are dying. 

HOW CAN WE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT???? Thumbs Up 

C'mon, man!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder if the birthrate will be low come December and January. Are people refraining from sex? I know I am.

Some of us are only because of a current lack of opportunity... **grumble grumble**AngryLOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:05pm
Yeah, I was joking. I'm in the same boat as you, and it seems to be one that's drifting further and further out to sea.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

Some of us are only because of a current lack of opportunity... **grumble grumble**AngryLOL

Yeah, I was joking. I'm in the same boat as you, and it seems to be one that'a drifting further and further out into the sea.

Not many guys around who've been... "blessed by Mother nature" with the ability to engage in sexual intercourse from 6 ft away...

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 4:56am

If you aren't refraining voluntarily, the 'powers-that-be' will make sure you do...  LOL

covid 20200327 01.jpg
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:08pm
Watching Good Morning America, anda new State Farm aired a Covid themed ad just now with that overplayed God awful "Rise Up" song. DeadDead 

- Then it goes back to the program and some corny ass "We're All In This Together" tune is playing. 
F' this, I turned off the damn TV.

Verizon did something...um, nice?
They "have added 15GB of data to (my) plan at NO CHARGE - from 3-25 to 4-30."  

Oh gee thanks, that would be helpful if I was out and about....but all of my data is going through WiFi since I'm not supposed to leave my damn home!  Morons.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Watching Good Morning America, anda new State Farm aired a Covid themed ad just now with that overplayed God awful "Rise Up" song. DeadDead 

- Then it goes back to the program and some corny ass "We're All In This Together" tune is playing.  
F' this, I turned off the damn TV.

Verizon did something...um, nice? 
They "have added 15GB of data to (my) plan at NO CHARGE - from 3-25 to 4-30."  

Oh gee thanks, that would be helpful if I was out and about....but all of my data is going through WiFi since I'm not supposed to leave my damn home!  Morons.

Yeah, I don't know if it's since 9/11 or the Boston Marathon bombings or the Pulse massacre.... but somewhere along the line over the past several years, that kind of inspirational, emotionally uplifting, #Boston (or wherever) Strong crap (I hate that sh*t), has become highly popular not only in commercials, but on the TV news as well. 

Nowadays every news broadcast, especially the national network nightly news, always has to end the presentation with some smarmy, heart warming, golly-gee-whiz story of goodness and strength and perseverance. Usually involving either a handicapped child, a handicapped vet, or a downtrodden woman beating the odds.

I think ABC and David Muir with their "Person of the Week" segment, might be the worst, but  can't say because that's the only evening news I watch.

At any rate, as soon as that sh*t starts I change the channel.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

If you aren't refraining voluntarily, the 'powers-that-be' will make sure you do...  LOL

Yeah, I don't think Maggie de Block has to worry about violating that one...

....with any number involved.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:03pm
LOL
Yikes!

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:05pm
Looking at HER makes me want to refrain from HUMANITY
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

covid 20200327 01.jpg
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL
Yikes!

Not your type, a-ron?

I bet Thor would do her.... LOL

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 3:55pm
^ LOL   In a crotchless haz-mat suit!

Not my coffee, tea or me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic