Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 3:41am
I just had an idea.

You should have a custom t-shirt made....

The ultimate statement of pure self interest.

Big smile LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 3:44am

I try to tell them that at Walmart, but I'm pretty sure they're trying to kill me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I try to tell them that at Walmart, but I'm pretty sure they're trying to kill me.

I guess whether or not BLM, depends on what the B stands for.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 3:52am
I updated it a little....

Wink

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 4:49pm
Holy crap!  LOL

I log on and see 27 unread posts.  What was it PaW called you guys?  The twins?

It's good to see and good reading too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Holy crap!  LOL

I log on and see 27 unread posts.  What was it PaW called you guys?  The twins?

It's good to see and good reading too.

I guess now that Thor has become a member of the smartphone masses, he no longer has an excuse to never visit anymore.

Or else he just has more opportunities to drop in throughout the day.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:12pm

It's just that now, I don't have to get up off the couch to post. I can even post in bed. The smartphone does have its drawbacks, though.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:57am
My county reopened last week (yay!) I went out for dinner earlier this week and enjoyed a wonderful burger, fries and on-tap beer. 50% capacity right now, but boy was it a great sign of 'normalcy'. Smile
Today was the first estate sale in the county in months. Ironically with the George Floyd protests and riots, I found a complete L.A. Times from May 2nd, 1992 at that sale, when President Bush Sr. called on the military to control the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles. My normal Saturday routine is hitting yard sales and estate sales during the season. It showed me how much I missed normalcy, and it felt great.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:34am
I used to like that stuff, too. Now that I'm older, I've lost interest in accumulating stuff. I have enough, and all I think is that, someday, somdone else is gonna have to deal with all my crap. I used to collect record albums. Now, I'm just concerned with getting rid of them (12 feet of them, plus 2 feet of 45s). I have someone who wants them. In due time, I guess.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:28pm

926 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Wisconsin, sets daily record for third straight day

Christ!  I did order some face masks just this morning.  This is not going away people!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 12:08am

926 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Wisconsin, sets daily record for third straight day

Christ!  I did order some face masks just this morning.  This is not going away people!

I still have my mask for protection and I plan on using it whenever I'm out! In Ohio, some counties have had so many cases that masks are now mandated by our governor.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 7:59am

Gov. Evers orders statewide mask mandate as Wisconsin cases climb

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 1:40pm

Gov. Evers orders statewide mask mandate as Wisconsin cases climb

Join the club!  Kentucky has had that since July 10th.  Bars have re-closed and restaurants are back to only 25% capacity.  This is definitely not going away.  Unhappy
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:06pm
^ It goes into affect tomorrow.  I have some good cloth masks. I wore one at the grocery store today. It steams my glasses.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:57pm

Report: Big Ten to cancel fall football

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 3:51pm

<h1 ="line | font-weight-bold col"><span>Report: Big Ten to cancel fall football</span></h1>

That'll make an iota of difference in my life.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 4:17pm
I'm torn.

On one hand, the beginning of football is something that always signals the beginning of fall, with Labor Day on the horizon then Halloween and the Holiday Season right around the corner from that.

This year, I'll have no harbinger.

Plus, with all the PC bowing to social justice pressures to placate protected segments of society, I was hoping to see a mass boycott of sports by the largest portion of their fan and spectator base.

So I won't get to see that either.

OTOH, and by the same token, I wasn't planning to pay much attention anyway and it's kind of satisfying to see these spoiled, pampered athletes have to sit out an entire season and forgo all the attention and adulation they've become so used to and seem to expect as being owed to them.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 4:25pm
I don't pay a lot of attention to college sports either.  But it's big business, lots of revenue. The athletes work hard to be the best that they can be in a career that can end in an instant.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 4:32pm

I could do without all that stuff. On top of that, my birthday falls in the middle of it all...something else I could do without.

Boy, I'm loads of fun, ain't I?

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 4:47pm
The Mid-American Conference or MAC, where my local university plays out of, won't play this fall and will possibly return next spring.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 4:58pm

I could do without all that stuff. On top of that, my birthday falls in the middle of it all...something else I could do without.

You and Didra both....

Though neither of you are as fun as the OK Boomer girl....

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 6:03am
Probably won't be a Halloween this year, either, people are just too scared, freaked out & jumpy...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You and Didra both....

Funniest website ever!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You and Didra both....

Funniest website ever!

What, no comment on the OK Boomer girl??? 

I'm disappointed. Stern Smile 

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Probably won't be a Halloween this year, either, people are just too scared, freaked out & jumpy... 

Which is odd because you'd think the one occasion per year where it is both customary and people are happy to... WEAR MASKS... would be perfect for this situation.

Not to mention the "...scared, freaked out & jumpy..." part. 

Tailor made for Halloween.

I'm planning to order a Halloween themed COVID mask anyway.

Just in case I go out somewhere.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic