Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 7:18am
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 12:41pm
NYC and the state of Illinois have ordered that restaurants and bars close.  They are allowing take out orders!  Thank God!  I practically live on takeout / drive-thru food.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

NYC and the state of Illinois have ordered that restaurants and bars close.  They are allowing take out orders!  Thank God!  I practically live on takeout / drive-thru food.

Ohio did just the same...

I feel that we're gonna celebrate like people did during Cromwellian England...by ourselves at home! (Oliver Cromwell outlawed public parties and events)....
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 8:37am
Things aren't too bad at our local grocery store. Plenty of frozen food, fresh beef and pretty much everything I needed.  The only aisle that was bare was the bread aisle. I couldn't get my split-top wheat bread.  Thank goodness the bakery makes hamburger buns and I found a small loaf of white bread. The wife is making her Manwich recipe later today, we needed some buns!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 3:03pm
I heard that Chick-Fil-A has closed their dining area and is only taking drive through orders.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 9:07pm
Oh no! Our governor has just ordered all indoor shopping centers to shut down. Now I can't go malling with all my besties this weekend.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 2:42am
From what I've been hearing over the past coupla few years, there are hardly any malls left anymore.

People pretty much quit going "malling" when online shopping started really taking off.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 3:39am
getting tired of seeing all those empty grocery shelves containing zero essential items: canned goods, meats, pasta... it seems CLNN (Chicken Little News Network) has done too good a job at frightening people into some sort of Apocolypse era, when actually SARS killed more people, as did MERS, and living conditions were way were during WWI and WWII (especially in the encampments). People need to get a grip- its not the end of the world.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 3:41pm
Today's word of the day...Social Distancing!

The are shutting down bars and restaurants around here now too. Excluding carry-out, drive-thru orders.

Avoid gatherings of more than 10 people.  I don't remember the last time we had 10 members on here at the same time.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:43pm
Sometimes, you have to look at the bright side...

No school traffic to avoid! These kids that drive around here are maniacs!

I haven't gotten a single telemarketing call all week!  Thumbs Up
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Today's word of the day...Social Distancing!

The are shutting down bars and restaurants around here now too. Excluding carry-out, drive-thru orders.

Avoid gatherings of more than 10 people.  I don't remember the last time we had 10 members on here at the same time.

LOL LOL LOL ^^^

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:05pm
They have a whole topic full of memes on the other forum!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:14pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:28pm
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 7:13am
I went to the Sav-a-lot today & they were cleaned out like a hurricane was coming in.  Except for cans of hominy, creamed corn, and no-salt added corn.    Still managed to spend $9 on stuff (mostly snacks...)
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:19am
I actually got the opportunity to use cironavirus to my advantage - knock on the door at 8pm while I was watching tv dressed in sweats and a housecoat and halfway down a bottle of malbec - knock knock - I answer the door - random telephone company dude wanting me to change my network.... shows his ID and clipboard - I spray sneeze all over his clipboard and fake a followup cough - then I say *sorry - Im not feeling well at all - been sneezing and coughing all day - I’m really sick* The look on the kid’s face was - how should I describe it..... terror. So much for door to door marketers. btw - I’m not sick, it was a sneezing attack from the tannins in the wine lol
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:28am
LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 3:44pm

California orders its nearly 40 million residents to stay home to prevent the spread of coronavirus

I'm wondering if this will happen in Wisconsin.  If our overzealous cops are going to pull over random people to see if they are out 'joy riding'!

(CNN)The nation's most populous state is ordering its nearly 40 million residents to stay home to prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

Nineteen people have died and more than 900 tested positive for coronavirus in California.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom's order marks the first statewide mandatory restrictions in the United States to help combat the outbreak. It went into effect at midnight Thursday, meaning Californians should not leave home except for essential things such as food, prescriptions, health care and commuting to jobs considered crucial.
The restrictions will remain in place until further notice and come a day after Newsom warned that more than half the state is projected to be infected by the virus in two months.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/us/california-coronavirus-stay-home-order/index.html
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:48pm
does anyone else feel like the Govt. isnt telling us everything about this virus? List your favorite conspiracy theories here - I’ll throw one out here - I think this was a manufactured virus in China that was meant to thin the herd (population) by specifically targeting the elderly and the sick, but it moved to quickly, and now, like Pandora’s Box, it is globally out of control.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:52pm
^ I've been trying to post the stats from Canada.

Where are you from?  If you don't want to answer, I understand.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

does anyone else feel like the Govt. isnt telling us everything about this virus? List your favorite conspiracy theories here - I’ll throw one out here - I think this was a manufactured virus in China that was meant to thin the herd (population) by specifically targeting the elderly and the sick, but it moved to quickly, and now, like Pandora’s Box, it is globally out of control.

I think it was started by Dr Evil....

And the only person who can stop it is Austin Powers.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 11:32pm

I like that theory, but ultimately, it doesn't really matter. 'Cuz even if it was true, we'd probably never find out. Do we ever?

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:33am
I'm sure Ohio will be closed-down.

I think we'll be in a new Middle Ages.

Welcome to The Boring 20's!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 4:31am
Quote Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

No, I think it is only sheer incompetence in dealing with something that occurred naturally.  But bad players have taken the opportunity to inflame the overreaction to it.  We're only a few small steps from being put under martial law, and look how easily it can be instituted.  Seems like a test run to do just that, and no doubt lessons & corrections will be learned to do it better the 'next time'.  But that's just 'crazy talk'... 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 3:38pm

Massive genocide of the much less productive very old, very ill, and very young population is an Ancient Chinese (well known) secret.Wink 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic