Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News anchors cracking jokes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: News anchors cracking jokes
    Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 9:03pm
"This just in...Anderson Cooper is still not gay!"
Sponsored Links

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 10:07pm
Ad, I swear I thought the same thing just last night.  Anderson Cooper was on and they were talking about the woman falling down in the pageant...aye, aye, aye.  Anyway, then they put up the video of another contestant, the girl who kept saying, "such as, such as".  Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but nonetheless, is it really the job of Anderson Cooper and Co. to relentlessly make fun of this girl?  It was awful.  He even went so far to even say she was on drugs.  I was pretty surprised at this sophomoric attempt at humor coming from CNN.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 7:36pm
I'd wish CNN would stop using the flushing sound with the story about the space stations toilet not working. it never was it never has and never will be funny, can't they at least cover this story without being so immature???? geez we arn't 5 year olds!!!!!

This story ISN'T that funny, and should be treated with more respect, hell imagine how bad it is up there with having to use bags to do their "business" urk. Dead

You're CNN for crying out loud not I Love the (insert your decade here) on VH1!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 2:56pm
Either that, or they just don't have anything more intelligent to say.

mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 1:06pm

When a news anchor is cracking jokes, that's usually a lame attempt at trying to be 'cute & clever' when in reality, they're showing their smug arrogance, and contempt for the audience.
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 5:05am
I spotted a typo!!!!!!!

around 12:00 am on Larry King Live.

WHITTE HOUSE:
THIS ISN'T THE SCOTT WE KNEW

LOL

and it was those fancy graphic white text things that flew by in the teaser how embarrassing!!!!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 1:38am
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

Translation: Any journalist who agrees with Jimbo is honest, and any journalist who agrees with Thor is a right-wing douchebag. Got it.Disapprove
Yeah, move this to 'the other place'...the 'Republicans Can SUCK It, Maaaaan!' thread.

Translation of the translation: Anyone who agrees with BrianO & Thor is open minded & willing to look at both sides of the argument as being equally valid, thus making neither side right & neither side wrong, & enabling conservatives to feel good about themselves too, while Jimbo is just a biased liberal.

What you're telling me in effect, is that I have no right to defend my opinion.

Either say something germain to the issue, or ignore it & go find something less offensive to you.

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 7:53pm
Translation: Any journalist who agrees with Jimbo is honest, and any journalist who agrees with Thor is a right-wing douchebag. Got it.Disapprove
Yeah, move this to 'the other place'...the 'Republicans Can SUCK It, Maaaaan!' thread.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 1:13am
By all means, stir away!!!!  Thumbs%20Up

But I think it's about time to move this discussion to "the other place".

Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 12:31am
(evilly mulling how best to stir this pot s'more.....)
"Oh, bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 12:01am
No, what happens is that the majority of journalists are for the most part, honest people trying to do their job & report what is happening in the world.

A particular group who doesn't like the fact that a particular thing is being reported & causing people to be rightfully concerned about it begins a disinformation campaign that all of that group's supporters get on board with, knowing (or thinking) that if they make enough noise & create enough of a distraction, the truth that they don't want reported will be drowned out, or diluted to the point that society's response to it will be greatly diminished.

Just more of the same old BS out of the political right's bag of slimy little tricks. 

BUT..... if you look around, it's plain to see that it's not working & it won't. Global warming caused by man made emissions is now accepted as the truth by the majority of the civilized world & all the die-hard dead-enders & hangers on are just wasting their efforts whilst engaging in their massive exercise in futility.

That's gotta suck for you all. Big%20smile LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 11:27pm

Doesn't saying everything has a conservative bias, imply a non-conservative bias?

Exactly.  I think many journalists actually believe they have no bias.  I think that it comes with being surrounded by others with the same bias, but who also believe they have none.  They see their own beliefs as the norm; all others are "biased".

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 10:46pm
Doesn't saying everything has a conservative bias, imply a non-conservative bias?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 5:42pm
I did provide the source (I added it in after I originally posted).  It's the Wall Street Journal.  And of course it's gonna be biased.  You wouldn't expect the NY Times to cover this, would you?  They're not exactly considered an impartial and unbiased news source.

Still, the WSJ is hardly disreputable.  Besides, finances is their area of expertise, so publishing the article is their domain.  Still, the NY Times never rebutted it or addressed the funding question (not that I could find, anyway).

Oh, and in response to your previous comment about the conservative bias of my sources---of course the sites (or at least the writers) are gonna be conservative.  This is a political issue.  I haven't heard (and wouldn't expect) Al Gore say anything in support of the other side of the debate either.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

No, I'm not saying that here.  I'm saying that his particular beliefs have managed to silence the many other scientific opinions on global warming.  Read the article on how the funding of climate change science has ultimately silenced many scientists.

(excerpt):
All of which starkly contrasts to the silence of the scientific community when anti-alarmists were in the crosshairs of then-Sen. Al Gore. In 1992, he ran two congressional hearings during which he tried to bully dissenting scientists, including myself, into changing our views and supporting his climate alarmism. Nor did the scientific community complain when Mr. Gore, as vice president, tried to enlist Ted Koppel in a witch hunt to discredit anti-alarmist scientists--a request that Mr. Koppel deemed publicly inappropriate. And they were mum when subsequent articles and books by Ross Gelbspan libelously labeled scientists who differed with Mr. Gore as stooges of the fossil-fuel industry.

Sadly, this is only the tip of a non-melting iceberg. In Europe, Henk Tennekes was dismissed as research director of the Royal Dutch Meteorological Society after questioning the scientific underpinnings of global warming. Aksel Winn-Nielsen, former director of the U.N.'s World Meteorological Organization, was tarred by Bert Bolin, first head of the IPCC, as a tool of the coal industry for questioning climate alarmism. Respected Italian professors Alfonso Sutera and Antonio Speranza disappeared from the debate in 1991, apparently losing climate-research funding for raising questions.

Alarm rather than genuine scientific curiosity, it appears, is essential to maintaining funding. And only the most senior scientists today can stand up against this alarmist gale, and defy the iron triangle of climate scientists, advocates and policymakers.

To me, much of the blind support for global warming and the denigration of those with dissenting views, smacks of faith and trust...which is the antithesis of true science.  Makes global warming sound more like a religion.

Until you provide the source for the above comments, I'm just going to assume they are from some conservative biased website.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:21pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And regarding NASA chief Michael Griffin's comments, I notice you neglected to post the rest of the text.....

"Prominent climate scientists have referred to his remarks as ignorant. In particular, James Hansen, NASA's top official on climate change, said Griffin’s comments showed “arrogance and ignorance”, as millions will likely be harmed by global warming.  Jerry Mahlman, a scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, said that Griffin was either “totally clueless” or “a deep antiglobal warming ideologue.”

In a closed-door meeting on June 4, 2007 at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Griffin said:

“Unfortunately, this is an issue which has become far more political than technical, and it would have been well for me to have stayed out of it.” “All I can really do is apologize to all you guys.... I feel badly that I caused this amount of controversy over something like this."

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

BTW.... let's keep in mind Thor, that Griffin is a physicist & an engineer, not a climatologist, so..... draw your own conclusions from that.

Read between the lines of that quote, Jimbo.  In fact, read the actual lines, too:
“Unfortunately, this is an issue which has become far more political than technical..."

Yeah, I read that.... so what?????

Now YOU read what the other NASA scientists said about him & his opinion.

The actual CLIMATE EXPERTS, that is.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:19pm
Oh, and you also posted a link from an article the Canada Free Press.

I did a little checking up on their "credentials".

Same old thing, Thor.... cite a bunch of references & when I check them (which you know I will) they turn out to be conservative biased.

Tsk tsk tsk..... shame on you!!!

THOR, YOU KNUCKLEHEAD!!!!!!

LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:18pm

And regarding NASA chief Michael Griffin's comments, I notice you neglected to post the rest of the text.....

"Prominent climate scientists have referred to his remarks as ignorant. In particular, James Hansen, NASA's top official on climate change, said Griffin’s comments showed “arrogance and ignorance”, as millions will likely be harmed by global warming. Jerry Mahlman, a scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, said that Griffin was either “totally clueless” or “a deep antiglobal warming ideologue.”

In a closed-door meeting on June 4, 2007 at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Griffin said:

“Unfortunately, this is an issue which has become far more political than technical, and it would have been well for me to have stayed out of it.” “All I can really do is apologize to all you guys.... I feel badly that I caused this amount of controversy over something like this."

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

BTW.... let's keep in mind Thor, that Griffin is a physicist & an engineer, not a climatologist, so..... draw your own conclusions from that.

Read between the lines of that quote, Jimbo.  In fact, read the actual lines, too:
“Unfortunately, this is an issue which has become far more political than technical..."

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:13pm

No, I'm not saying that here.  I'm saying that his particular beliefs have managed to silence the many other scientific opinions on global warming.  Read the article on how the funding of climate change science has ultimately silenced many scientists.

(excerpt):
All of which starkly contrasts to the silence of the scientific community when anti-alarmists were in the crosshairs of then-Sen. Al Gore. In 1992, he ran two congressional hearings during which he tried to bully dissenting scientists, including myself, into changing our views and supporting his climate alarmism. Nor did the scientific community complain when Mr. Gore, as vice president, tried to enlist Ted Koppel in a witch hunt to discredit anti-alarmist scientists--a request that Mr. Koppel deemed publicly inappropriate. And they were mum when subsequent articles and books by Ross Gelbspan libelously labeled scientists who differed with Mr. Gore as stooges of the fossil-fuel industry.

Sadly, this is only the tip of a non-melting iceberg. In Europe, Henk Tennekes was dismissed as research director of the Royal Dutch Meteorological Society after questioning the scientific underpinnings of global warming. Aksel Winn-Nielsen, former director of the U.N.'s World Meteorological Organization, was tarred by Bert Bolin, first head of the IPCC, as a tool of the coal industry for questioning climate alarmism. Respected Italian professors Alfonso Sutera and Antonio Speranza disappeared from the debate in 1991, apparently losing climate-research funding for raising questions.

Alarm rather than genuine scientific curiosity, it appears, is essential to maintaining funding. And only the most senior scientists today can stand up against this alarmist gale, and defy the iron triangle of climate scientists, advocates and policymakers.

To me, much of the blind support for global warming and the denigration of those with dissenting views, smacks of faith and trust...which is the antithesis of true science.  Makes global warming sound more like a religion.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:10pm

"Prominent climate scientists have referred to his remarks as ignorant. In particular, James Hansen, NASA's top official on climate change, said Griffin’s comments showed “arrogance and ignorance”, as millions will likely be harmed by global warming. Jerry Mahlman, a scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, said that Griffin was either “totally clueless” or “a deep antiglobal warming ideologue.”

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:01pm

All I'm saying, Jimbo, is that there is a lot of different information from different scientific sources (some of the below sources are just news articles, but they mention their sources).  Many scientists have criticized the "models" used for calculating and predicting future temperatures, as well as the framing of past temps.  One of the articles states how NASA's revised their data re the 15 hottest years since 1880.  Previously, they said 9 of them took place in the last decade.  Now, they're saying only 3 of them took place since 1995.  4 of the 10 hottest ones were in the 1930's.

As you can see, Gore has only presented one side of a many-faceted topic, and based on the fact that HE said it, many people are believing what he says to be the God's-honest truth. 

From an interview with NASA chief Michael Griffin last year:
Do you have any doubt that this is a problem that mankind has to wrestle with?         I have no doubt that … a trend of global warming exists. I am not sure that it is fair to say that it is a problem we must wrestle with. To assume that it is a problem is to assume that the state of Earth's climate today is the optimal climate, the best climate that we could have or ever have had and that we need to take steps to make sure that it doesn't change. First of all, I don't think it's within the power of human beings to assure that the climate does not change, as millions of years of history have shown. And second of all, I guess I would ask which human beings — where and when — are to be accorded the privilege of deciding that this particular climate that we have right here today, right now is the best climate for all other human beings. I think that's a rather arrogant position for people to take.

McIntyre discovered an error in GISS records for the years 2000 through 2006. In simplest terms, they hadn't been adjusted to compensate for the location or time of day where the data was gathered. Nobody at GISS ever correlated those newer figures with the older ones until McIntyre did, even though later Hansen admitted it was "easy to fix." McIntyre published the data on his own Web site and got the agency to admit it was wrong and post new figures.

Yet the GISS did absolutely nothing to alert scientists or the public to the new figures. This though it has published five global warming press releases so far this year, each one alarming. It took the blogosphere and radio talk show hosts to publicize the new figures even as the mainstream media initially ignored them.

Here's a video of a scientist from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory saying that the Arctic Ice melt is due to normal weather patterns.

Here's some other articles:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2007-131

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Michael+Fumento%3A+On+global+warming%2C+NASA+has+been+cooking+the+books&articleId=8ad65132-13aa-4036-8e32-ad9285cb41b8

So Al Gore takes a particular position on a subject because he believes that position is the correct one & now you're saying he's disingenuous because he doesn't argue against his own position?

As you would say if it were a conservative taking a stand on an issue... it's not up to him to present the opposing side of the argument. He's trying to instill action being taken, not stand around with his thumb up his ass debating himself for the rest of his life.

And your assertion that "many" scientists disagree with the idea that global warming is caused by humans & is a serious threat is misleading at best. Comparatively, the number of "scientists" who outright dispute global warming claims are a small minority, & many, if not most are affiliated in one way or another with conservative backed organizations.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:41pm
All I'm saying, Jimbo, is that there is a lot of different information from different scientific sources (some of the below sources are just news articles, but they mention their sources).  Many scientists have criticized the "models" used for calculating and predicting future temperatures, as well as the framing of past temps.  One of the articles states how NASA's revised their data re the 15 hottest years since 1880.  Previously, they said 9 of them took place in the last decade.  Now, they're saying only 3 of them took place since 1995.  4 of the 10 hottest ones were in the 1930's.

As you can see, Gore has only presented one side of a many-faceted topic, and based on the fact that HE said it, many people are believing what he says to be the God's-honest truth. 

From an interview with NASA chief Michael Griffin last year:
Do you have any doubt that this is a problem that mankind has to wrestle with?         I have no doubt that … a trend of global warming exists. I am not sure that it is fair to say that it is a problem we must wrestle with. To assume that it is a problem is to assume that the state of Earth's climate today is the optimal climate, the best climate that we could have or ever have had and that we need to take steps to make sure that it doesn't change. First of all, I don't think it's within the power of human beings to assure that the climate does not change, as millions of years of history have shown. And second of all, I guess I would ask which human beings — where and when — are to be accorded the privilege of deciding that this particular climate that we have right here today, right now is the best climate for all other human beings. I think that's a rather arrogant position for people to take.

McIntyre discovered an error in GISS records for the years 2000 through 2006. In simplest terms, they hadn't been adjusted to compensate for the location or time of day where the data was gathered. Nobody at GISS ever correlated those newer figures with the older ones until McIntyre did, even though later Hansen admitted it was "easy to fix." McIntyre published the data on his own Web site and got the agency to admit it was wrong and post new figures.

Yet the GISS did absolutely nothing to alert scientists or the public to the new figures. This though it has published five global warming press releases so far this year, each one alarming. It took the blogosphere and radio talk show hosts to publicize the new figures even as the mainstream media initially ignored them.

Here's a video of a scientist from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory saying that the Arctic Ice melt is due to normal weather patterns.

This article is about how funding has affected the science of global warming:

Here's some other articles:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2007-131

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Michael+Fumento%3A+On+global+warming%2C+NASA+has+been+cooking+the+books&articleId=8ad65132-13aa-4036-8e32-ad9285cb41b8

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:47pm

PY-ULL!Angry

Way-ull gaaaaaawl-lee, Jimbo, ya don't hafta yay-ull!Wink

PY-ULL!Angry

What am I gonna do with im, eh? LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:37pm

Thor, I thank God I'm not as pathologically cynical as you are.

Or at least, that my cynicism is pointed in the right direction.

Your cynicism is 180° out of whack.

Instead of directing it towards those who deserve it, you point it at those who are trying to make a positive difference.

No, Jimbo...I direct my cynicism at people such as Gore and Moore who insist that they're making a positive difference. 

I beg to differ. I don't think you can find one quote from either of those two in which they claimed to be or insisted that they are making a positive difference. All they have ever claimed is that they are trying, & that's what you really hate them for is the  fact that they're trying.

You're aware that most scientists agree that global warming has ceased, at least for the next 15 years, right?  You're also aware that even NASA (which supports theories of global warming) says that there is nothing that can be done about it, right?  NASA:  "Even if all emissions of greenhouse gases were to cease immediately, the temperature would continue to increase after 2100 because of the greenhouse gases already in the atmosphere."  Did Al ever mention this stuff?

Well, where's your data to support your claims? Let's see it.

And re: the NASA quote.... are you then trying to say that because global warming may be occurring for the next 100 years that we should just give up & quit trying to curtail the things that are causing it? Is that what you really feel is a wise course of action? Please clarify that for me if you don't mind.

I'll bet not.  And therein, lies my cynicism.  I have no problem entertaining both sides on the matter, but when the venerated Al Gore leaves out so much relevant info, it leads me to conclude that there is more at work here than some heartfelt desire to make a positive difference.

Come off it, Thor. You just hate Moore & Gore & you can't stand do-gooderism in general especially when it's liberal-backed do-gooderism.

You despise the fact that Gore has received so much acclaim & adulation for his efforts  & whether genuine or not, the issue of truth in his message matters not one whit to you.

Same with Moore.

If these guys were conservatives crusading around spreading what you knew damn well were lies, you'd be behind them all the way.

Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:47am
Prepare for the end of global warming... and the beginning of TOTAL WEATHER DISASTROPHE!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic