Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jared, done with hesitating, ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jared, done with hesitating, ad
    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 9:59pm

He's done with hesitating, but does this mean he's also done with ...ing?
Sponsored Links

MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 11:44pm
This commercial drives me nuts. Strikes me as a tad desperate on the guy's part too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:12am
I'm surprised the person across the table he's trying to hook up with is female.

Of course, these days you never know.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 5:31am
Quote Topic: Jared, done with hesitating, ad

Oh.  At first I thought this was about a Subway Jared ad... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

He's done with hesitating, but does this mean he's also done with ...ing?
Another bad bowel day? Try not to sh*t on your date!

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 5:40pm
Same woman in both ads?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 5:49pm
^ Could be. YouTube does not ID the actors.  iSpot does sometimes.

MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm surprised the person across the table he's trying to hook up with is female.

Of course, these days you never know.

And even the same skin color.  Non-mixed couples are RARE in commercials these days. 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:33am
Or even of the same species.  The advertisers will be pushing that boundary eventually... 
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Or even of the same species.  The advertisers will be pushing that boundary eventually... 

Not if PETA can help it.
Dunestrider View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dunestrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:02pm
Actually, I find the Jared ad creepy. They just started dating, but he buys her jewelry?!? Highly inappropriate. If she has a lick of sense, she would run for the hills!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Dunestrider Dunestrider wrote:

Actually, I find the Jared ad creepy. They just started dating, but he buys her jewelry?!? Highly inappropriate. If she has a lick of sense, she would run for the hills!

Why?

If the dude is a big enough sap to start blowing his paycheck on expensive gifts for her after just a few dates, she ought to string him along and take him for all he's worth before dumping him.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Dunestrider View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dunestrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If the dude is a big enough sap to start blowing his paycheck on expensive gifts for her after just a few dates, she ought to string him along and take him for all he's worth before dumping him.

I dunno, maybe you're right. I've been wrong before, that's for sure!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I dated a woman. Even though we just started dating, she would give me gifts. When I ended it after a very short time (no, I didn't get to any "bases"), she would mail me tapes with some recorded message. I only listened to the first minute or so. Then I would find notes under my windshield wiper where I worked. Probably the only reason she didn't boil my pet bunny rabbit alive was because I never had a pet bunny rabbit.

In today's #MeToo environment, who knows what she would have accused me of?*

I have since learned "warning signs" and "red flags" to look out for.

*I will never forget a conversation that I heard on the "Don Wade and Roma" radio talk show (on WLS-AM from Chicago, back in the late 80s/early 90s): a woman called in, and said that she used to volunteer at a rape crisis center. She said that she quit in disgust because a good proportion of rape victims ended up confessing that they cried "rape" because they were mad at the guy for jilting them, or trying to cover up an unwanted pregnancy, etc. Does true rape exist? Of course it does. But these women who use false accusations are hurting true rape victims.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:35am
This commercial sucks!

And they play this commercial a lot!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 1:14am
That guy (the character) just strikes me as an entitled, slimy frat boy. I don't understand how women are attracted to such dicks, but I guess some are.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:21pm
It's easy to make mistakes in relationships when we are young. I had a bad experience at Jared that I have talked about before...Jared Sucks!  Just ask Subway!

Yeah! Like a bunch of black dudes are going to guide my destiny!  STFU! Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 6:11pm
Hah!  I found another commercial!

Yes, you'r are once, twice, three times the bullsh*t!  And I hate you!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic