Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travellers Insurance has good commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkelephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travellers Insurance has good commercials
    Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 9:01pm
risk never sleeps

umbrellas 

giant umbrella

I like the creativity in these adds and the wimsical atmosphere. The music is also nice. what do you think?
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 9:05pm
indeed, best use of a logo in motion.Thumbs%20Up
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 1:10pm
The 'Risk Never Sleeps' series of commercials were CLASSICS!!! We had a thread on them...probably on the old board - thanks for reviving this.
Except the 'old guy with the umbrella'...he bothers me...something just isn't right about him...
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 6:46pm
 love the umbrella usage and the gentleman wielding it.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 7:43pm
I liked 'Risk Never Sleeps'...until Citi ripped off the 'Never Sleeps' phrase and ran it into the ground in one ad!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

I liked 'Risk Never Sleeps'...until Citi ripped off the 'Never Sleeps' phrase and ran it into the ground in one ad!

Just like monster.com's "Can you hear me now?" ad ripped off by Verizon.  Some years back, there was a commercial with what looked like a take-a-kid-to-work day theme.  This little kid kept talking into a doctor's stethescope, asking, "Can you hear me now?"  I thought it was very funny.  Then Verizon got hold of it and killed it.

That "Never sleeps" ad is annoying, especially because the emphasis should be on whatever it is that doesn't sleep, not on the repetitive "doesn't sleep."
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 11:29pm
See, I'd forgotten that Monster ad...damn the Verizon guy!

'Bad Advertising Writers Never Sleep'...
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 2:17am

You 80's movie fans out there might recognize the guy with the bowler hat... It's Paul Freeman, who played Belloq in "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic