Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ANNOYING CLICHES !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 6:15am
And how can we forget when Millennials croak up...
SHUT UP!
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:26am
Originally posted by drjimmy drjimmy wrote:

A trend ?   Any gag inducing commercial that forces over used cliches 
Some examples..: 

YOU GOT THIS !
ITS A WIN WIN ! ( or with Kraft the ENYA WIN WIN ! )
ITS A GAME CHANGER !
NO BRAINER !
NO WORRIES !

( ADD NAUSEATING CLICHE HERE ) I want to know who decided that annoying cliches HAVE to be forced down our throats and every ad agency HAS to go that route !

Man, I HATE the "you got this"! HATE IT. It sounds like they are talking to little children who just need some encouragement to do whatever it is they are trying to get you to do (buy). Course, I guess millennials ARE kind of like little children. They get their feelings hurt easily, throw a tantrum when they don't get their way, have a hard time getting self motivated to do what needs to be done and feel entitled to everything without having to work for it.

And game changer!!!! What the hell does that even mean? NOTHING!!! Just a buzz word that makes the viewer think they are saying something when they are really saying nothing!
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

"Own it," or, "Own the [something intangible]."

"Get your [feeling associated with the product] on."

[Verb] like a boss," or if you're GMC, "[verb] like a pro." It's especially obnoxious when they use a noun as the verb!

I agree 100%!! Couldn't have said it better myself!
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 12:09am
I hate all there phoney congrations and combined words. It's lazy and annoying. One that really drives me nuts is when some tool calls pizza "za". I've called a few people out on that one. Like pizza is a hard word to pronounce. Clowns.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 12:11am
Ment contractions.
Nemo me impune lacessit
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Pazuzu413 Pazuzu413 wrote:

Ment contractions.

You "meant".  (Sorry, I'm the spelling police here)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 4:55pm

I hate all there phoney congrations and combined words. It's lazy and annoying. One that really drives me nuts is when some tool calls pizza "za". I've called a few people out on that one. Like pizza is a hard word to pronounce. Clowns.

Oh gawd, I hate that hipster dipsh*t word too. Dead

I know I commented on it here in another thread once before awhile back, but it's worth reiterating.

Talking about trying too hard to be cool.... Ermm

'Za my ass.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 4:59pm
LOL

Watch out!  The punishment for spelling and grammar errors are pretty severe around here! Wink

Ment contractions.

con·trac·tion

a shortening of the uterine muscles occurring at intervals before and during childbirth.
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 10:19pm
That's ok. I need a little policing from time to time. Grammar and spelling errors drive me a little nuts too.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 10:23pm
Hipster dipsh*t. That's perfect. I'll be using that with your permission.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 12:41am

Hipster dipsh*t. That's perfect. I'll be using that with your permission.

It is yours, my friend. Thumbs Up

Just promise you'll use it wisely. Stern Smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

Watch out!  The punishment for spelling and grammar errors are pretty severe around here! Wink

Yes!  First offenders are just given a warning.  Thereafter, for each infraction you are strapped to a chair and forced to watch commercials for 24 hours.  Evil Smile  (We do make allowances for typos however and make a judgement as to whether you can't spell or just can't type!)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 5:36pm
Indeed, how people post from their phones is beyond me. I need a full size keyboard to even try to get it right!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Oh gawd, I hate that hipster dipsh*t word too. Dead

I know I commented on it here in another thread once before awhile back, but it's worth reiterating.

Talking about trying too hard to be cool.... Ermm

'Za my ass.

That's not new though. I remember hearing the occasional use of "za" back in the '90s in college
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm
Oh yeah, it is a stoner/skateboarder thing from the 90s, that's for sure. I just think maybe some of those people might have grown into hipsters.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 11:00pm
I figured there had to be a meme about it, so I found one...

LOL

C'mon, man!
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 12:41am
I am aware of the great responsibility being bestowed upon me. I will use it only for good or taking down douchebags.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Indeed, how people post from their phones is beyond me. I need a full size keyboard to even try to get it right!

Even with my skinny fingers, I still fat-finger my typing on this iPhone (which is almost wider than my hand).

On top of that is pesky Autocorrect!
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:18pm
Not exactly a cliché (assuming that clichés consist of words and phrases), but this drives me crazy:
The long drawn-out melodramatic "NOOOOOOO!" or Oooh, aaah, etc. (Sounds like they slow the audio).

Heard most recently on Credit Karma and Bounty paper-towel spots.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:26pm
Also notice that the houses in these ads almost always have white walls, white decor, white floors, white furniture. It's to make the color of the product or the color of what they spill stand out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic