Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diet Coke Blueberry Acai (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diet Coke Blueberry Acai (video)
    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:03pm
OK, these commercials have been bothering me for a while now!

Astrobiology Major?  He's cooking grilled cheese sandwiches in his dorm room?  There can't be any code violations there!  "Make that money, young buck!"  STFU, Coca-Cola and all of your new gay flavors!

And what kind of bullsh*t is this?  Are they adding a little bit of the original recipe? Cocaine?  Just enough confidence and skill for a black women to defeat the superior Asian, Neil?  These commercials piss me off so much!

Sponsored Links

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 7:03pm
At least now I've learned how to pronounce acai.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 11:37pm
Yes! Those commercials are stupid! lol does Neil hate the black woman because she's black, is a woman, or both?

If he's just a critic of hers and is not a sexist/racist, why would he get mad at her at the end of the commercial for dong a good job at the company?

It seems to imply he doesn't want to see a woman/black succeed. But then, why is he in charge? LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:31am
Shocked I guess I learned something new! I don't like 'fancy-pants' words such as 'acai' (ak-I)...but nooooooooooo! 'Mr. Fancy Pants' says 'ass-I-EEEEEEE' and I bet he does. 
I sort of want to beat up the spokesman - he reminds me of someone who wears socks with his flip-flops, has one of those boyboy haircuts where you can grab his ears, but not the top of his head, and likes fancy pants words.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:52am
I thought it was ay-key.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 1:21am
I'm going to try those new Diet Coke flavors.

If I can ever find them anywhere.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm going to try those new Diet Coke flavors.

If I can ever find them anywhere.

Take a trip to your local Food Lion
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:30am
He'd have to drive to Tampa, or out of state, to find one...  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:29am
Kroger...Walmart...Publix
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:20pm
the orange vanilla they unloaded at the onset of summer now fills my Discount Grocers racks

HEy! How bout just Coke flavored Coke? CRAZY
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

the orange vanilla they unloaded at the onset of summer now fills my Discount Grocers racks

Agreed about the OV - 1 can was great, but I bought 12 before I realized they forgot the Coke. They sat for awhile or I gave them away...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:08pm
I can't remember the last time I had a soft drink of any kind. I keep 7-UP in the house for the wife.  I drink milk with my meals. I suppose if I was on the road eating a burger and fries I'd get a Coke or Pepsi.  I don't have much desire to try some sweet, bizarre combination of taste.  BTJM!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:47pm

New Coke was a dismal failure so they invented Classic Coke which was not the same as the Coca Cola of my 1950s and 1960s. The same thing happened to A&W Root beer. Hecho en Mexico Coca Cola made with cane sugar is the same but hard to find here.  
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

New Coke was a dismal failure so they invented Classic Coke which was not the same as the Coca Cola of my 1950s and 1960s. The same thing happened to A&W Root beer. Hecho en Mexico Coca Cola made with cane sugar is the same but hard to find here.

You can buy the cane sugar Coke by the single 10 oz bottle around here.

I tried it once and it was OK I guess, but honestly, I prefer the HFCS Coke.

But then again, I only drink diet caffeine free cola these days anyway.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:44pm
I saw those kooky flavored Cokes at Winn Dixie today, but you can only get them in 8 packs for $4.99.

I only want to try one of each.

Guess I'll have to keep looking.

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 1:49am
check dollar stores..i like regular Coke but will take zero in a pinch--dite Coke has that weird metallic aftertaste of all diety things--zero not as bad
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 2:04am

check dollar stores..i like regular Coke but will take zero in a pinch--dite Coke has that weird metallic aftertaste of all diety things--zero not as bad

I like the Coke Zero Sugar (different from Coke Zero), but it has caffeine in it, so I cant drink it much.

I've found that grocery store brand sodas, both regular and diet, have come to taste almost exactly like their Coke counterparts. I'm not sure, but I believe that recent advancements in ingredient deciphering technology have enabled any soft drink manufacturer to decode the ingredients and amounts in any food product and copy it. Probably alter this or that just enough to avoid legal troubles.

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 2:56am
Holy hopping Christ on a cracker! I've never seen nor heard of these new flavors. Rest assumed.. if I was in a coma, stroke or other debilitating medical crises, keep this shot away from.my cracked, quivering lips as this will surely be my demise.

Blueberry? Are you duck in kidding me?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 2:59am
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Holy hopping Christ on a cracker! I've never seen nor heard of these new flavors. Rest assumed.. if I was in a coma, stroke or other debilitating medical crises, keep this shot away from.my cracked, quivering lips as this will surely be my demise.

Ps I hate this tablet but I'm not correcting the words. f**k you kindle
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 3:14am

Ps I hate this tablet but I'm not correcting the words. f**k you kindle

Give em hell msmadz!!!!! LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:31am
Last year or the year before, when Coke came out with the flavors orange, cherry, lime and mango for their diet Cokes, Walmart had a display of individual cans for sale (79 cents each).  The distributor was out of the lime at that time, so I didn't get to try that one.  The others were OK---nothing great.

But you can always pick one of those squirt flavorings made by Kool-Aid, Mio, Crystal Light, etc., and squirt a bit into any carbonated soda of your choice.  There are all sorts of flavors out there.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

But you can always pick one of those squirt flavorings made by Kool-Aid, Mio, Crystal Light, etc., and squirt a bit into any carbonated soda of your choice.  There are all sorts of flavors out there.

True, but otoh, those little squirt bottles cost $3 - $3.50 each and then you've got the entire bottle to use up, though you might find out that you don't really like it that much.

Since I'd probably never drink it again, I'd rather just pay 79ยข for the one can. 

You could send me one in the mail, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks. Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:21pm
Quote Shocked I guess I learned something new! I don't like 'fancy-pants' words such as 'acai' (ak-I)...but nooooooooooo! 'Mr. Fancy Pants' says 'ass-I-EEEEEEE' and I bet he does... 

Anyone that has ever seen the inner workings of a Coke or Pepsi plant probably gets confused as to just what everyday sodas ARE NOT bottled at one or the other. With Pepsi obviously on the top rung, seems Coke will do ANYTHING, especially lean on the younger, under-educated, but health-oriented folks...

Now, think I found a photo of 'Mr. FancyPants', probably somewhere in FLoriLand, or England...I dunno...but he donated the following information. before I shoo'd him off.

Mr. FP sez,"...tell the Twins it's all a marketing gimmick to get those 'college dollars' you've been sending your kids at school and also those 'false prophets' touting the health benefits of this new Coke flavor

"Acai berries have been dubbed a "super fruit," with the media touting these berries as the key to the world's weight loss woes and the cure to a host of adverse health conditions. Despite these claims, scientists have not found conclusive evidence of these benefits. On the other hand, blueberries have been shown to be effective in reducing the activities of free radicals associated with common poor health conditions. Blueberries and acai berries do share similar antioxidant properties and nutrient profiles, leaving you to wonder which of these should really be called a "super fruit." "

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:32pm
^ LOL
That's one for the CIH fashion conscious for sure!

Uh...I'm not quite ready for suspenders and a waist line just below my nipples!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 6:04pm
DisapproveOh, I'm certain the brown shoes with pink high-top socks and blue shorts is as much a 'fashion faux pas' after Labor Day as being caught with one o'those funny-named canned sodas where they forgot to stamp the word 'BEER' on it. 
Or he's from Belgium, where they do the same darned thing with BEER as COKE is doing to sodas. Belgium loves its flavored beers and they have a million different ones.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic