Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon Alexa and Grandpa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon Alexa and Grandpa
    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:40am

OK I need help on this.....( sometimes it happens  LOL )  

I don't know if its making me feel like this milleniall is playing for the wrong team ( The song - seriously ?  What station is it played on ?  WGAY ? )   or if its the total confusion of, well,  WTF is the POINT of this commercial ?  What am I missing ?   Young hipster tells grandpa that he got him the Echo Show, then tells it to remind grandpa that at 6PM there is dessert ?  Not dinner - but dessert -  and to remind him by playing "that Valerie song" -   but then the geezer is up at 6 ( one assumes )  and tells the device to play the song, so that it , I guess,  amazes the hipster that it's playing ??    Well, Gramps,  the hipster shouldn't be proud of anything you did,  although you both exchanged loving smiles, because he doesn't think YOU turned it on - it was supposed to come on by itself -  I think ?   I am so freaking confused by this ad that I want to kick punt the item if I see it in Best Buy.   Oh and thanks for sitting all day and not making any supper, dude....Could have called or had ECHO call for a pizza at leaast ??      These freaking voice boxes that rule the Yuppie world are really irritating.....Lazy f### heads.   
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:51am
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:38am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Thanks.  The you tube originally was working.  I searched ispot but didn't see it 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:39am
The Monkees had a song called Vallerie.  Why didn't Echo ask him if that was the one he wanted?

drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The Monkees had a song called Vallerie.  Why didn't Echo ask him if that was the one he wanted?

Because it wouldn't be 2019  HIP and MILLENNIAL Angry
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 4:18am

And there's also one by Steve Winwood. Both are among my all time favorites. LOL
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 4:29pm
HA i LOVE venting about todays fecal music!! not all over 40s(or 50s for that matter) are tech TARDS u beanie wearing vaping A_HOLES
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:56pm
^LOLLOL^
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:58am
well at least real instruments were played for *Valetie* and a real voice sang it - whereas nowadays any skank with autotune can stand up and gyrate on a stage wearing saran wrap and some sparkles and the millennials call it music - beahahaha - go listen to some Ramones and then call me.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

go listen to some Ramones and then call me.

bravo! or better yet-NY Dolls
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:26am
yep Dolls - Ramones - The Clash - Dead Kennedys The Offspring
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by drjimmy drjimmy wrote:

What station is it played on ?  WGAY ? 
 and to remind him by playing "that Valerie song" -   

There is (or was, I don't listen to radio much) a station in the DC area called WGAY. I assume it got those letters well before the modern term emerged. 

Never heard of a song call Valerie. I thought he meant Valerie Harper song, but she recently died?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:34pm
ohhhhhhhhhhh.....here's something for the last few posts...

...and I just know if they rolled into THIS Grumpy's house, you wouldn't hear anything like whatever they were listening to...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

And there's also one by Steve Winwood. Both are among my all time favorites. LOL

yup !  The Steve Winwood song is also one of my favs.....They stopped making those nice songs, didn't they...
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 9:51pm
The one thing I like about this - My echo dot does not respond to him saying Alexa.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:03am
Originally posted by drjimmy drjimmy wrote:

yup !  The Steve Winwood song is also one of my favs.....They stopped making those nice songs, didn't they...

They've stopped being easy to find, that's for sure. LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 12:01pm
The "Valerie" they used here isn't bad.  It's by Amy Winehouse (who won't be coming out with too many more songs now that she's dead).

raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 11:52pm
Aha... trying to keep residual payments to a minimum.
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 3:27am
I don't have Alexa in my home...
AND NEVER WILL. 

I strive not to be a lazy fat toad. I'll get up off arse, put a real CD into my CD player, and listen to a song. The 'Valerie' song should have been The Monkees or Steve Winwood ones, because grandpa would recognize them. Not the Zutons one.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:56am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

I don't have Alexa in my home...
AND NEVER WILL. 

I strive not to be a lazy fat toad. I'll get up off arse, put a real CD into my CD player, and listen to a song. The 'Valerie' song should have been The Monkees or Steve Winwood ones, because grandpa would recognize them. Not the Zutons one.

OK you finally cleared it up for me - I thought the song grandpa played later was a different song than what the millenial douche was singing to himself when he left the house - I needed to YouTube the song by both Zutons and Amy Winehouse.    I have never heard of the Zutons to be honest,  but I prefer their version over Winehouses.      Have they been around long ?   I'm one of those classic rock farts, so some newer bands escape me until I catch them on TV or radio by chance....( sorry didn't mean to go off the theme of hating the ad - which I still do -   WHY WOULD GRANDPA NEED A REMINDER FOR DESSERT AT 6PM if    A:  The douche is walking in same time he programmed the song  and B:  ITS DINNER TIME@ Who eats PIE before BURGERS ?  ShockedShocked
TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 3:15am
Grand-Pa eats dinner @ 4:45 & as slow as he is now that pushes dessert to 6!
TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 3:18am
& Amy Winehouse is not dead... looking like a corpse is part of her act, sorta like that guy that cross dresses to be Lady Gaga
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 4:45pm
DisapproveI've never even met a girl named Valerie and these days I probably wouldn't know what to do with her if I did.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
What about Valerie Berlinetta? Tongue

Image result for chevy camaro berlinetta pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic