Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Treximet: Dismembered talking heads (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Treximet: Dismembered talking heads (video)
    Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 1:53am
There is a new commercial for a medicine called Treximet featuring people whose heads hurt so badly that they "took them off" and are holding them with both hands down around waist height.

Thanks to the magic of computer generated graphics, the heads are still talking. Shocked

For better video/audio, go to www.treximet.com and click Watch Our TV Ad. 

This is one of the creepiest ads I've seen in a long time. It's not a pretty sight.

Nathan, could we get a "throwing up" emoticon???

(Thanks to Kelly1968 for her reply catching my error in the name of the medicine...originally had this posted as Imitrex)
Hundreds of threads killed.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 1:56am
I saw the rest of it gets even more creeper, ugh I'd wish they'd scrap this commercial it's NOT helping them.Thumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 5:59am
I haven't seen the ad BUT my wife geys migraines and this is the only thing that stops them. BUT as a rule I hate ALL MEDICAL ADS!!! Angry
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Kelly1968 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 8:36pm
This commercial creeps me out!  Whenever it comes on, I have to look the other way just so I don't have too look at those talking heads.  I've never had a migraine so I have no idea what one feels like.  But my goodness!  Does this commercial have to be so graphic?  I hope they change their ad, and soon!  Maybe if we all wrote letters to the company, they'll come up with a better ad.  One that doesn't involve talking dismembered heads!

I think the medication is called Treximet, not Imitrex.  In the ad, it says it's from the makers of Imitrex.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 1:45am
Originally posted by Kelly1968 Kelly1968 wrote:

I think the medication is called Treximet, not Imitrex.  In the ad, it says it's from the makers of Imitrex.

Thank you Kelly!!! 

I wondered why I couldn't find the ad on Youtube. Oy! Helps if you use the right name.

I guess the ad creeped me out more than I realized!!! I edited the original post, and added the video. Seems like not many people have seen the ad.

Welcome to CIH. I like your sig line! Hope you stick around. Some posters really believe in free speech, if you get my drift.
Hundreds of threads killed.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 3:31am
I hate that one.   The first thing that irritated me was the name.   I straight up hate the name.    "Treximet"?    It seems the only thing more moronic than website names(Twitter, yahoo, google, bebo) are drug names.    It sounds like yet another scam out of Big Pharma.    Make even more money off two drugs that work about the same.   

Then the heads.   Surprisingly this is not the most disturbing one I've seen.   The AT&T thumbs one takes the cake.   This "headless" effect looks ridiculously fake.   Although it still is a really dumb premise, a headache so bad you take your head off.

What next, a gential herpes commercial where a dude walks around with his penis in a baggy or a woman with her vagina in a jar because "it itched so bad" they had to take their 'parts' off?   WackoWackoWackoWackoWackoWackoWackoWackoWackoWacko
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 4:57am
Treximet is from the makers of Imitrex.  These two are almost anagrams of each other.  The only difference is that one has two "e"s and the other two "i"s.  The next one will be something like "Mitirex" or "Extimer" or "Trexmite" or . . . . . (stop meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

Ooh, ooh.  How about Meritex? Exitrem? iExtreme?
badp View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 3:30am
"Ask your doctor about..."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic