Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost Adventures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghost Adventures
    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 4:29pm
For guys that claim to have been investigating hauntings for years, they sure are a bunch of scaredy cats.  Especially that one named Aaron.  He acts like he’s going to poop his pants every time he hears a sound.  What a crock.  Not that I have a closed mind to possible paranormal phenomenon, but come on guys, act a little more professional.  You’re supposed to be experts in your field for God’s sake, not gutless sissies! Ermm
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 4:43pm
I'm having trouble finding a video of a recent promo.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bxic8
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

For guys that claim to have been investigating hauntings for years, they sure are a bunch of scaredy cats. Especially that one named Aaron. He acts like he’s going to poop his pants every time he hears a sound. Not that I have a closed mind to possible paranormal phenomenon, but come on guys, act a little more professional. You’re supposed to be experts in your field for God’s sake, not gutless sissies! Ermm

Maybe they're trying to create a "scary" atmosphere to entice the viewers to keep watching.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 5:34pm

For guys that claim to have been investigating hauntings for years, they sure are a bunch of scaredy cats.  Especially that one named Aaron.  He acts like he’s going to poop his pants every time he hears a sound.  What a crock.  Not that I have a closed mind to possible paranormal phenomenon, but come on guys, act a little more professional.  You’re supposed to be experts in your field for God’s sake, not gutless sissies! Ermm
Even when I had cable, I didn't spend much time on the Travel Channel.  I'd just be jealous of all of the rich people who can afford these expensive trips.

Aaron? A real manly man!  Until he has that adult load in his underwear...Shocked

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 5:37pm
Here's an example.  Look at 2:54.  Trying to make it "scary" just makes it look staged to me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 7:19pm
I don't watch those kind of adventure guy shows because I can't stand the kind of millennial douche-bro's who always make up the cast.

Always full of half-shaven Dylans or Calebs or Logans etc, etc.

There's a network show on Sunday afternoon called "Rock The Park" where these two douche-bro's travel around from national park to national park doing assorted adventure guy stuff. I'd like to watch it and see all those wild, rugged places, but I can't stand the two dudes who host it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 10:48pm

For guys that claim to have been investigating hauntings for years, they sure are a bunch of scaredy cats.  Especially that one named Aaron.  He acts like he’s going to poop his pants every time he hears a sound.  What a crock.  Not that I have a closed mind to possible paranormal phenomenon, but come on guys, act a little more professional.  You’re supposed to be experts in your field for God’s sake, not gutless sissies! Ermm 

(I think this post response requires some 'background music'WinkBig smile)

Aaron Goodwin is a man find[ing a career (WIKI lists him as 'an American Camera Operator' - sing along now! "Ohhhh, give me a home where the cellphones roam...and we all can be camera operators all day! Hoooome, home with the strange, where the wolves on the antelope will prey..." - you know the rest...), and not the most brilliant one at that, but a man all the same. Anyone that will do whatever Zak Bagans asks leaves me believing they are part of the pack of 'Pavlov's Lemmings'.

I watch the show pretty often, just to see the locations for the historical reference (maybe the first 15-20 minutes). They actually have been to a few VERY interesting places, including one I really have an interest in, but doubt I will ever approach without a group and only in daylight hours - the place is TOTALLY 'off-limits' (Poveglia Island - look it up). 

Image result for haunted island in venice

Now, if you want an INTERESTING show, watch 'The Dead Files'!

I've LONG been 'looking for proof', just out of my own interests, searching the 'Lost & Found'...but I'm not 'sensitive' in any way, shape, or form - a ghost would have to hit me in the head with a brick to get my attention (which finally happened HERE, soon after my Father passed - a German Beer Stein that belonged to my Father, for which I had been searching for literally for YEARS, slammed onto the floor, next to my head, about 2 A.M. , but other than that?...)

I even went to party with Rico some years back, but he didn't show up...some friend he was! Probably went back to singing 'Gospel'!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 12:55am
(more on 'Idiots Searching for Ghosties', starring PaW)

'Ghost Hunters' has NOTHING on ME!

I know better places and better ways to 'raise the dead', I say! However, I've never seemed to notice them if I succeeded...

1.) I tried to use their same bathrooms...no luck

2.) Up near 'The Den', there is a hidden lagoon where the Americans hid their ships and burned them so the Brits couldn't use them, during the war of 1812 (when the water is low, you can see the tops of the ships' masts), so I thought maybe there might be some 'guardians'. A long mud-bike ride into the lagoon? Nothing but a hot & pissed Wolfie...they were probably on the other side of the lagoon, laughing at me...
]

3.) Even went looking for the ghost of Homer Simpson and couldn't find him!

4.) I even searched for 'The Hamburgular' at this place - only got indigestion...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 1:31am
I looked up that Poveglia Island...wow!  Gothic horror has nothing on that place.  Shocked Just curious, how many here  have had paranormal experiences (besides Pa's German beer stein)?  I'm sure my cat that died jumped on my bed one night and curled up behind my knees.  Anyone else?  SO off topic...sorry.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 3:00am

I looked up that Poveglia Island...wow!  Gothic horror has nothing on that place.  Shocked Just curious, how many here  have had paranormal experiences (besides Pa's German beer stein)?  I'm sure my cat that died jumped on my bed one night and curled up behind my knees.  Anyone else?  SO off topic...sorry.

Don't know if this qualifies as a paranormal experience, but it's kind of eerie to me.

My dad passed away in 2004. My mom passed away 13 years later in 2017. During all those years in between, I had never dreamed about my dad. One night (early morning actually) right before I woke up, for a brief moment my dad just appeared to me. He was standing in front of a brick wall and he just smiled at me. Then I woke up. At the time, my mom was entering her sixth month in the nursing home she was confined to and I was going over to visit that day. That evening, she passed away.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 3:58am

Not really 'off topic'....you can only say so much about the Zak Bagans Social Club of Misfits...but, again look into 'The Dead Files' - Amy Allan actually is something else, along with her partner.
The show has been around for about 10 years and still rolling - on the Travel Channel, Thursdays.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 5:35am
Quote caroln242 wrote:

Saw my dad waiting for my mom during her last hours in the ER.  Lasted only a second. There was also another presence next to him, so I believe in a 'next world'.  Religion struggles to explain stuff like this.  Other strange happenings, too (no winning Lotto numbers, though...  Unhappy)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote caroln242 wrote:

I looked up that Poveglia Island...wow!  Gothic horror has nothing on that place.  Shocked Just curious, how many here  have had paranormal experiences (besides Pa's German beer stein)?  I'm sure my cat that died jumped on my bed one night and curled up behind my knees.  Anyone else?  SO off topic...sorry.

Saw my dad waiting for my mom during her last hours in the ER.  Lasted only a second. There was also another presence next to him, so I believe in a 'next world'.  Religion struggles to explain stuff like this.  Other strange happenings, too (no winning Lotto numbers, though...  Unhappy)

As a born & raised Catholic, we were always taught there is Heaven and Hell, and for those of us that didn't quite fit, well, there is Purgatory - but there are NO GHOSTS, NOBODY comes back, yadayadayada...oh - and there are NO QUESTIONS about what we were taught. Never having been the 'Good Boy' (and no, I was NEVER an Alter Boy, so I never met any 'Father Tucker'), I wasn't necessarily a bad boy, so I always have figured Purgatory would be where I would end up.
Yup.
Screwed at birth.
So WHAT is 'Purgatory; for Paw?
Oh, stuck in the afterlife as maybe a 14 year old boy wondering why my body changed whenever I saw a cute girl and not being able to get a grip on the predicament, only to be sent out for one of those terrible 'Summer Vacations'. You know what I'm talking about.
Yea, being sent to some distant relatives who I never cared for...and they lived WAY out in nowhere, had no air conditioning, and I was going to be there ALL SUMMER - out in the flattest part of the mid-west, in a farm community, and it was hot & humid and it rained all the time. And the old ladies who believed in bathing once or twice a week, so the smell of old tuna was usually masked with heavy perfumes bought at the local 5 and dime, and they never paid me any attention other than to tell me to go play with the other kids, of which there were two who I didn't like at all - a boy my age who really liked sheep. Maybe a littke too much. 
"All the girls out here have 4 legs! Get with it if you want to be part of 'The Gang'!"
The gang of 1 - he was the founding member. Needed some followers and wanted to open an illegal Ewe House. He'd attract his customers by writing 'Yoe! Come meat my baby!' and leave the home phone number underneath, written backwards to confuse the police, but any sick bastard would see it right away...
My path out of Purgatory would require I learn how to do bad to make good and change lives, without getting busted.
Yea. 
'Borrow' a car when everyone was asleep and, without running out of gas, find a house I could break into and steal their window AC unit so I could clear the stench in the house. 
Then, find the closed Police Station and leave a note about the illicit crime spree to kick off and how to stop it in advance with the hope when they did, they would steal the sheep.
Maybe St. Peter would rescue me before anyone figured out who caused allh of the commotion.

Now, let's get back to reality as we know it and where I started this post:
Doncha know...somewhere around 2003, the Vatican issued an official statement admitting there is indeed an 'Afterlife', but they highly discouraged anyone from looking for it - they very well may find something they didn't want to...

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 2:23pm
As a born & raised Catholic, we were always taught there is Heaven and Hell, and for those of us that didn't quite fit, well, there is Purgatory - but there are NO GHOSTS, NOBODY comes back, yadayadayada...oh - and there are NO QUESTIONS about what we were taught. Never having been the 'Good Boy' (and no, I was NEVER an Alter Boy, so I never met any 'Father Tucker'), I wasn't necessarily a bad boy, so I always have figured Purgatory would be where I would end up.
Yup.
Screwed at birth.
So WHAT is 'Purgatory; for Paw?
Oh, stuck in the afterlife as maybe a 14 year old boy wondering why my body changed whenever I saw a cute girl and not being able to get a grip on the predicament, only to be sent out for one of those terrible 'Summer Vacations'. You know what I'm talking about.
Yea, being sent to some distant relatives who I never cared for...and they lived WAY out in nowhere, had no air conditioning, and I was going to be there ALL SUMMER - out in the flattest part of the mid-west, in a farm community, and it was hot & humid and it rained all the time. And the old ladies who believed in bathing once or twice a week, so the smell of old tuna was usually masked with heavy perfumes bought at the local 5 and dime, and they never paid me any attention other than to tell me to go play with the other kids, of which there were two who I didn't like at all - a boy my age who really liked sheep. Maybe a littke too much. 
"All the girls out here have 4 legs! Get with it if you want to be part of 'The Gang'!"
The gang of 1 - he was the founding member. Needed some followers and wanted to open an illegal Ewe House. He'd attract his customers by writing 'Yoe! Come meat my baby!' and leave the home phone number underneath, written backwards to confuse the police, but any sick bastard would see it right away...
My path out of Purgatory would require I learn how to do bad to make good and change lives, without getting busted.
Yea. 
'Borrow' a car when everyone was asleep and, without running out of gas, find a house I could break into and steal their window AC unit so I could clear the stench in the house. 
Then, find the closed Police Station and leave a note about the illicit crime spree to kick off and how to stop it in advance with the hope when they did, they would steal the sheep.
Maybe St. Peter would rescue me before anyone figured out who caused allh of the commotion.
I'm sorry, Pa.  I just don't get this.  Confused  Went way over my head, I guess.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 3:44pm

I'm sorry, Pa.  I just don't get this.  Confused  Went way over my head, I guess.

Don't feel bad. Pa's disjointed ramblings go over most people's heads...

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 6:00pm
Thanks Jimbo.  I was about to put on my "stupid is as stupid does" t-shirt.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 6:12pm
Caroln in a T-shirt?  That's something I want to see!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 11:24pm
Me in a t-shirt is nothing much to see.  Now, if it was a wet t-shirt...oops, did I just break a forum rule??
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 11:35pm

Me in a t-shirt is nothing much to see.  Now, if it was a wet t-shirt...oops, did I just break a forum rule??

You little tease, you....

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:05pm
Oh, we really are way off topic now!  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:49pm
LOL

I'm so happy that Caroln isn't easily offended.

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:40am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

I'm so happy that Caroln isn't easily offended.

I think it would be safe to say that this forum is not for the weak and timid!  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 3:02am

I think it would be safe to say that this forum is not for the weak and timid!  Tongue

Ya gotta be a...

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 4:15am
Sometime I was eventually coming back here as the concept of 'Purgatory' is a 'Catholic Thing', and thus not well understood by many raised outside the religion, so it was best to just let it go over the heads of those that will be around to experience the 'Rapture' (another 'Catholic Thing') comes along...Wink.  I could better explain it all, but this isn't a board about theology (and also is a taboo subject, here).  What I can say is that I apologize for the original post which created confusion and offered opportunity.

(the below was my 'Birthday Present' to my brother, this year - and he actually put it on his car).
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 3:23pm
Pa, don't worry.  I think I was probably the only one confused.  I'm a pretty straightforward type person and sometimes complex philosophical ideas, like I said, just go right over my head.  But I did take take your suggestion of watching The Dead Files.  Much more credible show than most.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic